Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    chances are we would have to trade up to 3 to land Tua. the team I am most worried about jumping us for him is Carolina

If someone wants trade up to #3 to get Tua, let them. Personally. I'd stay put at #5, but if he's there, and the medicals look promising, then okay, pull the trigger and hitch your wagon to him and give up an asset or two (not a huge fan of trading up for him).

The one team I can see trading up is SD from #6 to #3, kind of along the same lines as NYJ did for Darnold. I think CAR will take Herbert. In all honesty, if Tua is gone, I could actually see MIA taking Herbert at #5 (reported they have done the most homework and research on him out of every other team). And think about it . . . why get away from the NE offensive system when you are potentially drafting your franchise QB this year?. . . unless you think the QBs available cannot run that system. imo, Herbert could go crazy in Gailey's spread offense. I'm not saying I want him at #5 . . . I don't. Really, I don't. BUT its interesting to envision him in the spread offense. Or Eason and his ridiculous arm (maybe with the HOU pick?).

I'd take Tua at 5 if healthy. Not a fan of trading up for him. I'd also take Eason over Love with the HOU pick, or our first 2nd rounder. Fromm is dang accurate and consistent, but lacks good arm strength . . . so he'd be a no for me.

Right now, my QB rankings for MIA's offense would be 1. Tua, 2. Herbert, 3. Eason . . . I'm not interested in anybody else from this class (except Burrow, but he's GONE at 1)

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    ...for me right now its
    1. Tua - I think you take the risk and the only other option in my mind at 5 is Jordan Love
    I think the 5th pic is a bit of a reach for Love. I've seen mocks with him going at the end of 1st round all the way to the 3rd round. I saw one website that said several teams consider him a 3rd or 4th round pick.

If you think a QB is THE guy you dont wait for him. The Giants loved Jones and didnt want to risk him going before their 2nd pick. If you think Love can be Mahomes you take him at 5.

But I use the same logic with Tua. If you think hes good enough to take at 5 you move up to 3 if you need to get him. Because if hes good enough for you then hes good enough for someone else and theyll be bold enough to get him.

And I 100% agree that Carolina is a threat for Tua. Hiring a young guy like Rhule and giving him a huge contract like that implies they're ok with going long term rebuild. I wouldnt be surprised to see them sell off some aging bad contracts to acquire more ammo.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-09-2020 at 05:10 PM.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Agreed. You don't play around with QB, if you fall in love with the guy you make sure you get him. We have all these picks to make sure we get the QB we wanted. That was the goal.

I think it's just because everyone has their heart set on having all of these picks and are afraid to give them up. They feel like if we give them up then we cant rebuild or something. I wish we werent in a situation where we had to either, but the QB is and always will be the most important thing to building a team. Yes you need to have a good coach too, but just like we've seen good QBs wasted by bad coaches we've seen the exact opposite too.

I said at the start of the offseason I would trade Xavien Howard immediately if it meant we got Tua. I'm perfectly ok with giving up the Minkah pick or the Tunsil pick if it means we got Tua.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    If you think a QB is THE guy you dont wait for him. The Giants loved Jones and didnt want to risk him going before their 2nd pick. If you think Love can be Mahomes you take him at 5.

But I use the same logic with Tua. If you think hes good enough to take at 5 you move up to 3 if you need to get him. Because if hes good enough for you then hes good enough for someone else and theyll be bold enough to get him.

And I 100% agree that Carolina is a threat for Tua. Hiring a young guy like Rhule and giving him a huge contract like that implies they're ok with going long term rebuild. I wouldnt be surprised to see them sell off some aging bad contracts to acquire more ammo.
    Agreed, but I think Love will be another Winston not Mahomes.

And theres a possibility of that too. Theres a possibility that Herbert becomes a stud too. All I ask is that when they draft a QB that they are willing to take a risk instead of just taking the safe route. If they think any of the QBs in this draft are potential top5 QBs then do whatever it takes to get him. And if they decide no one can reach that level then wait until next year.

I am all for taking a QB if they feel he is a franchise type QB. Am I willing to give up #5 and #18 to move up TWO spots for an injured QB? that's a tough pill to swallow as a fan. If the FO and owner are dead set on Tua, then go ahead and trade away and take the gamble. But that trade could end up being a failure if Tua is nothing more than a hyped up back-up QB in 3-4 years.

Everyone is saying Tua Tua Tua . . . but I have a sick feeling this FO will turn to Herbert at #5

Creed Humphrey is staying at Oklahoma this year. He was by far my favorite IOL in the draft so this hurts a lot.

my favorite IOL is Netane Muti but Humphrey staying makes me want Biadasz even more

Love at 5 isn't a stretch for me. Tua, Burrow and him are the only ones I think are 1st round talents and I like all 3 more than any QB in the last 2 drafts

Free Agency wise I am looking at Eric Ebron, Byron Jones, Bud Dupree and some OL help

I've really fallen off on Biadasz. Dude is just too inconsistent. I'd honestly rather try Dieter or Boehm at C than either of them.

I would rather draft Muti and have him play C

my crack at a full 1st round

Cincy - Burrow
    Wash- Young
    Det - Derrick Brown
    NYG - Andrew Thomas
    Mia- Tua
    Bolts - Wills
    Car - Herbert
    Cards- Okudah
    Jags - Wirfs
    Browns - Delpit
    Jets - Epenesa
    Raiders - Isaiah Simmons
    Indy - Jeudy
    Bucs - CJ Henderson
    Den - Lamb
    ATL - Ruggs
    Dal - Fulton
    Mia - Shenault
    Raiders - Higgins
    Jags- Kinlaw
    Eagles - Diggs
    Bills - Swift
    Pats - Jordan Love
    Saints - Kenneth Murray
    Titans - Gross-Matos
    Vikings - Chaisson
    Miami - Etienne
    Seattle - Terrell Lewis
    Chiefs - Curtis Weaver
    Packers - Brandon Aiyuk
    49ers - Antoine Winfield Jr
    Ravens - Julian Okwara

I couldn't find a place for Josh Jones

I know its not a need but I find Ruggs with Julio Jones too much to pass up for ATL and give them their own 3 headed monster Bama core. idk how you stop Ruggs with Julio

obviously I think Love is much better than Herbert but I have Herbert going 1st because he is supposedly not going to make it out of the top 10. I didn't give him to the Chargers because I think they go Eason in R2. I am not a fan but him and Rivers remind me of each other

With the Chiefs blowing out the Texans it means our final draft pick will be #26. Obviously not great but still a good spot if we want to trade out and acquire more or if we want to use it to make a trade.

And we get both their 1st and 2nd next season.

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast