Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    So far I'd give the draft a B with room to grow. Obviously Tua is a stud, but I think Noah might be my favorite pick outside of him. The more I watch and read he just looks like he'll be great. Plus he just pushed our defense to another level.

Jackson needs a year or two but I don't think that makes him a bad pick. He's got so much potential and feels a bit like Andre Dillard last year in that regard. Just have to get some more muscle and work on the technique. Hunt reminds me of when we picked Billy Turner. Absolutely love watching him play, just have to hope that he can pick up the mental portion. If people were so high on Becton they should be high on Hunt too.

Davis is Jordan Philips 2.0. I wasn't in love with the pick but I understood it. Tons of athleticiam and potential, just has to be in the right situation. But unlike Phillips, I think at worst case Davis helps fix our run defense immediately.

Brandon Jones is the only pick I dont like, but I also haven't watched any of his stuff. It feels like a very classic Patriots pick. Take some super smart DB no one has heard of. I would have liked others at the pick but I trust Flo and Boyers eval on DBs.
    No knock on Jackson but Iíd much rather have had Ruiz at that spot.

This is the most non-sexy, bully draft I've seen in a long time from this team, and I LOVE IT! The non-sexy OL picks throughout the draft have me excited beyond belief. They drafted some bullies up front and are already set up well for the run game, and should cut their pass blocking teeth this year. Fixing the DL with Davis was a crucial move as he will step in Day 1 and provide that nasty we need there.

And the DB depth chart is really, really great right now. Jones can sit behind McCain/Rowe for a year and learn before taking over in 2021. We did very well with another late round safety about a decade ago as well in RJ.

And we got Breida, who when healthy is a great compliment to Howard. We are going to be running the ball a ton this year.

This is a perfect example of a draft that we got exactly what we wanted and needed (Tua), and started to build the trenches and back end.

This is most certainly a very 'B' draft. I think the Tua pick was the best possible outcome for the start, and we as fans are just falling in line with the un-sexiness of the trenches being built. True die-hard football guys and gals will love this draft like me, but others just want popular names and hot picks.

Great draft thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by _Supreme_ View Post
    You're not wrong. I loved Ruiz. But considering what we had at Oline going into the draft I understand why they would take a risk on the LT whos athletic and 20 years old.

Real talk, I just had a great idea while trying to figure out our starting 5. Throw Jesse Davis back to LT to let Jackson develop. Have Flowers and Karras followed by Kindley and Hunt at the right side.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 04-25-2020 at 03:42 PM.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    This day is going to be so ****ing slow. We might have to leak picks a bit because they will probably be 20 minutes behind.

Also holy **** the 49ers got Trent Williams for a 2020 5th and 2021 3rd. I know he doesn't fit our age but holy **** that's incredible value.

This just means we should continue to rebuild and shoot for 2 or 3 years from now. We're not beating the 49ers or Chiefs any time soon.
    Good player who is injury prone and they will have to play a 31 year old tackle big time cash against their cap.. not bad for 9ers but not great either

Also holy **** they have actually gone to commercial before EVERY pick this year. They even went to commercial before the Weaver pick and didn't even show the announcement. Some commercial took over the tracker.

Ravens just stole my guy Proche. They have such a great draft. But hey that long snapper sure is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by _Supreme_ View Post
    Ruiz never stood out for me when watching Michigan as a fan, and 4 of the 5 OL got drafted so far. So seems he was also surrounded by NFL talent. I mean I think he will be a solid center but much rather get a LT in the 1st.

We could find guards later in the draft, we werent finding another tackle like jackson though...

Does anybody know what we got for the picks we traded aways during the later rounds? I think there were two picks that were traded away right?

We traded our last 7th for the Seahawks 2021 6th. We also traded one of the 5ths for Brieda. Outside of that I think that was it.

Overall this was a solid draft. It was boring, but fit a specific need. This was an extension of last years draft. So in these past two offseasons we have completely rebuilt the Oline, new front 7 outside of Baker, McMillan and Godchaex. We have a revamped secondary with tons of versatility and found our franchise QB.

We've still got 4 top picks next year. I like the trio of Geiscki, Parker and Williams but if we need playmakers then we've got plenty of ammo next year.

Favorite pick outside of Tua: Noah
    Least favorite pick: Brandon Jones.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 04-25-2020 at 08:13 PM.

Getting weapons for Tua is easier than fixing the OL. That for sure needed to happen before hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Getting weapons for Tua is easier than fixing the OL. That for sure needed to happen before hand.
    Takes longer to develop a good oline than finding a good RB or WR. Since Tua probably won't play this year just invest as much as possible into the oline and hope some guys stick. Plus it gives you an idea if you need to invest more next year. I mean imagine snagging Creed Humphrey and one of the top WRs.

Love this draft.

In the decade before Grier and Flores took over in 2019, the Dolphins drafted 20 linemen with 79 picks. Thatís 26 percent. New England drafted 30 linemen in 87 picks (34 percent) in that decade. Baltimore drafted 33 linemen in 89 picks (37 percent). Those two franchise realize winning on the line accompanies winning on the scoreboard.

I wrote of those stats before the draft, but they bear repeating again. So does this: In the two drafts of Grier and Flores, the Dolphins have drafted linemen in nine of 17 picks. Thatís 53 percent. Thatís more than double what theyíd done the previous decade. They only took one more lineman in the five drafts from 2014 to 2018.

Per Dave Hyde

Building the oline a season before tua is ready was the smartest thing they could of done. Not all of those guys will be starters, but even depth is good. No teams have oline depth.

I really want to see how the cornerback turns out.

If he develops into what he can be, than this draft will be a homerun just off him and tua.

3 stud cornerbacks in todays nfl, is crazy rare.

Our oline and qb, position will be cheap for the next 4 years, if those guys all work out. Thats a huge advantage for us.