Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Redskins just don't have any power to ask for alot though, thats why some people are hard pressed to give up such a high pick. I'd for sure start with a 3rd+ and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    With the Texans winning that means their pick is going to be at best #25.

I really dont see how you can complain about trading that for William's. He'll be 32 next season and most Olineman can play well into their 30s. I'd expect to get at least another 3-4 years out of him. And considering how cheap we are in other spots, especially QB, I am 100% ok with giving him a deal.

You guys want to be cheap on the oline while we continue to struggle to find any young guys to develop. Honestly Jesse Davis is the best then-first round pick Olineman we've had in the past decade. Grier just simply cant find them in the draft and Flo hasnt shown any reason to make us think he can develop them yet.

Take the sure thing. Obviously try and get a better deal but you will not get the same quality of player with that Texans pick. Get vet guys who already know how to do it while you can still afford it. Then draft a few over the next few years and try to develop them so when contracts come up you can extend the young ones and just continue the cycle.
    We have an extemely young team, and you think were going to hand away a draft pick and a huge contract for a 31 year old tackle?

You dont see whats wrong with that picture?

^^^^so what's the cut off on adding players? Again, if you can get a solid 3-4 years from a truly elite LT in the game you take it. I dont care about the contract, we've got plenty of it and 4 spots on the oline to fix. This team needs an influx of talent and getting William's would do that. Or would you rather just hope that Grier can have the greatest draft of all time and fix the entire oline when he hasnt even been able to draft one good guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Redskins just don't have any power to ask for alot though, thats why some people are hard pressed to give up such a high pick. I'd for sure start with a 3rd+ and go from there.
    Of course try, but I'd be 100% ok if it works it's way up to the 1st.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

If we draft Tua we don't need an elite LT anyways

I dont mind adding older players but not with a huge long term contracts, and having to trade draft picks.

You dont go expecting a huge 31 year old to play 4 more years. If it happens ,great, its not likely though, why you think he held out?

Even he knows it could be over very soon, everyone does. If it isnt a qb, dont hand a 31 year old a long term deal.

Because we've already got an elite RT in Jesse Davis and no I'm not joking.

Williams would be 33 by the time tua even got on the field.

Thats why you dont hamd a 31 year old a huge deal like that. Hes on a different timeline than the rest of our roster, by the time were good he will be washed up.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    I didnt say lawrence was bad, but if we want to talk national championship performances, tua, wasnt even alabamas starter, he didnt come in until halftime down 10 pts and lead them to a comeback win.

Go rewatch the game lawrence won and stop lookong at the stats, he made maybe 2 hard passes the whole game.

Clemsons defense was the star of that game by far.

And if you want to talk this season, its not even debatable how much better tua and burrow were over lawrence.
    hahaha you're ridiculous.

Maybe 2 hard passes vs a Alabama defense? Get out of here.

Lawerence would be the unquestion #1 pick this year if he was in this draft class.

You tell me to stop looking at stats yet you yet you say it's not even debatable how much better Tua and Burrow were than Lawerence? What is this based on? Hunch? Stats?

Again, I'd be estatic to have any of those 3 as a Miami qb but the order is Lawerence, healthy Tua, then Burrow.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.

As of right now the Texans pick is projected to be 27th because the Titans and Vikings won.

But with the Saints losing, their pick is now at 56 for us.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-05-2020 at 06:29 PM.

Bama has a press conference for Tua tomorrow. Not the best news to the people who wanted him to declare. Could still do so but players normally say so on their own and not have a presser hosted by their school.

Bama has a press conference for Tua tomorrow. Not the best news to the people who wanted him to declare. Could still do so but players normally say so on their own and not have a presser hosted by their school.
    Apparently it's a bit of a tradition for Saban to have a press conference for underclassmen who are declaring, but it's really anyones guess right now. With McKinney and Wills declaring it doesnt look like it's the wave of underclassmen we were expecting.

I think Saban wants Tua to turn pro and I believe Miami told Saban or Tua he wouldn't last past #5.

I believe that's around $34 million so that ain;t bad for a 1st contract. He can parlay that contract and success on his rookie deal into a $100+ mil deal for his 2nd. Or he can return to Bama and get hurt again, ya never know.

KEep in mind Bama has Bryce Young coming in as a 5 star freshman qb. Dual threat and has been comp'd to Kyler Murray. I'm sure Saban loves Tua and woudl love to have him back for another natty run but he also understands this is a business for a player of Tua's caliber. I don't think Saban wants to risk going through the Hurts Tua saga that went on Tua's freshman year when he was planning on transferring after his freshman year because of lack of playing time, then came the National Championship comeback.

Also, I do believe Saban may touch on the injury and the idea of still having Tua int he game vs Miss St when the injury occurred.

imo Tua should declare because he will most likely not drop past pick 6 or 7 in this draft. If he stays in school, good on him as he is still just a kid really, but he will be going up against Lawrence and Fields next year, and I don't think he gets picked before either of those two studs. In this draft, he's a top 10 pick. Next year . . . another year to potentially get injured . . . not sure he's top 10 anymore.

Either way I am pushing hard for Okudah at #5. X is going to be suspended, plus his knees are a concern. Need that other lockdown guy, and Okudah is a lock-down CB1 in the making.

Some stuff going around right now saying when he went to get his hip checked in NY the place grades it A-F and he got a C-D grade. He also wants to go back if you believe what these people are selling but his father wants him to declare as he was told he would go top 15 and he wants his other son to start for Bama next season.

Again that's all from some sauce on Reddit that some people swear by.

Welp boys, its official. Tua has declared for the draft.

Also I dont buy that Reddit report at all. Tua is walking through this conference without crutches. If he had as bad of a hip as that guy said he had then theres no way to hide that from teams.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-06-2020 at 01:13 PM.

Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast