Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    If Tua goes back to Alabama then the Phins need to build the OL through this draft... A starting LT and center... It'll be boring, but it should plug some holes...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    If Tua goes back to Alabama then the Phins need to build the OL through this draft... A starting LT and center... It'll be boring, but it should plug some holes...
    I honestly hope he does go back, as I don't want this fan base to go absolutely berserk a la Brady Quinn if we pass on him.

I'm kinda at the same point. I'd love for Tua to go back another year. But that's also because I feel like someone will hop us and draft him.

But I'd love to go all in and trade up to get one of the top 3 next year and have a draft class of Wills, Gross-Matos and Creed Humphrey. Add that to trading for Trent William's and maybe signing one of the top guards and I think the offense is rocking next year. Obviously just getting Tua this year would be perfect but if you fixed the Oline this offseason I would have a problem with trading up for a QB next year espcially since we look ok at receiver going forward. Just need a RB at that point.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    I'm kinda at the same point. I'd love for Tua to go back another year. But that's also because I feel like someone will hop us and draft him.

But I'd love to go all in and trade up to get one of the top 3 next year and have a draft class of Wills, Gross-Matos and Creed Humphrey. Add that to trading for Trent William's and maybe signing one of the top guards and I think the offense is rocking next year. Obviously just getting Tua this year would be perfect but if you fixed the Oline this offseason I would have a problem with trading up for a QB next year espcially since we look ok at receiver going forward. Just need a RB at that point.
    If we don't sign someone like Jack Conklin or Trent Williams, I'm gonna be hella upset.

I hope this teams brass realize how important building the trenches are and don't ignore the O-line; especially with a rookie QB.

Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    You're just digging yourself a hole you can't get out of.

Trevor Lawerence 2019 National Championship stats as a 19 year old freshman.
    20-32 347 yards passing 3TDs 0 Turnovers 27 yards rushing and 0 sacks

Lawerence 1st 3 games of the season he had 5 INT's and all 3 games Clemson won by 14 or more. He was taking risks he wouldn't normally take in tough games. And he only threw 3 more INT's the rest of the season to date.

I love Tua and would take him at #5 but if this team doesn't want to take that risk then I have zero issue getting more picks for 2021 to trade up for Lawerence. I've never been one who takes a qb just to take a qb. I think it's a waste unless you are able to take one you love.

I think we all should be happy we have plenty of options/directions to go in securing our franchise qb of the future. Good problem to have!
    I didnt say lawrence was bad, but if we want to talk national championship performances, tua, wasnt even alabamas starter, he didnt come in until halftime down 10 pts and lead them to a comeback win.

Go rewatch the game lawrence won and stop lookong at the stats, he made maybe 2 hard passes the whole game.

Clemsons defense was the star of that game by far.

And if you want to talk this season, its not even debatable how much better tua and burrow were over lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    I honestly hope he does go back, as I don't want this fan base to go absolutely berserk a la Brady Quinn if we pass on him.
    Even if we dont draft him, hes the best chance we have to trade back in the draft if hes still there at 5.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Even if we dont draft him, hes the best chance we have to trade back in the draft if hes still there at 5.
    If they have another target in mind, I'd be perfectly OK with that. A few intriguing QBs in this class they might end up targeting instead, and more picks = more chances at impact players.

Draft day is going to be the most interesting for us as it's been in a long time.

If they have another target in mind, I'd be perfectly OK with that. A few intriguing QBs in this class they might end up targeting instead, and more picks = more chances at impact players.

Draft day is going to be the most interesting for us as it's been in a long time.
    Yeah this off season is the biggest in dolphins history tbh.

We have a small base of players who will be coming back, all young and cheap too, we have a ton of draft picks, tons of free $ to spend, but we know they wont spend recklessly.

And with the OC change, its really hard to figure out who this front office will target pr what kind of system were running, or quite frankly, whats going on.

Hyde reported flores soured on rosen. I trust hydes word because he gets his info straight from the dolphins.

But that information isnt always true, because they use him to put out the information they want out there. So maybe flores hates rosen, or maybe they just want teams to think were targeting a qb.

Or maybe jerry is is being highly valued to develope rosen.

No one knows. This front office has hidden their motives pretty damn well.

All these insiders with sources, none of them have predicted anything flores and his staff have done. No one had a clue shae was getting fired.

Im also starting to wonder if chan was hired to help rosen succeed. Chan loves fits. Rosen is pretty similar in a lot of ways.
    Last edited by TakeAnotherL; 01-03-2020 at 10:11 PM.

If we don't sign someone like Jack Conklin or Trent Williams, I'm gonna be hella upset.

I hope this teams brass realize how important building the trenches are and don't ignore the O-line; especially with a rookie QB.
    I dont think Conklin is an option honestly. Jesse Davis played well once he settled into the RT position. And of course we know the staff has invested a lot of time into Dieter. So I think we're looking at LT, C and RG.

I know a lot of people hated the idea but I have no problem trading the Houston pick for William's. The chances of you landing an impact LT at that pick is slim to none. You could change my draft around and trade that pick for William's, draft Epensa at 5 and then Creed Humphrey at 18 or just take BPA. One of the 3 top centers will be there in the 2nd so you could probably land Ruiz or Humphrey possibly.

Anthony Castonzo, Brandon Scherff and Joe Thuney I think will be the highest guys on our radar.

Castonzo has always been my main target in all of FA really, dude is a super soild LT but the issue is he is thinking about retirement at age 31.

Yea I liked the idea of Castonzo but I feel like he'd be similar to Soldier in New York. Good player on a good line but not good enough to push a line higher.

I'm hoping we get RT Daryl Williams from CAR in FA. Solid RT option that helped their run game and decent at pass protection. Scherff is going to cost mega money, and if given the option, I'd prefer Andrus Peat over Scherff. Thuney might be a cheaper option as well.

LT - ???
    LG - Thuney or Peat
    OC - draft Biadasz (best OC in the entire draft)
    RG - Dieter
    RT - D. Williams

Would WSH take the NO 2nd rd pick + a 4th for Trent Williams? I don't want to give up a 1st for him, even though it might come down to it for whoever gets him.

I just really don't want to draft Thomas at #5. I want something more 'game-changing' like Simmons, or Okudah, or Jeudy.

Also, read a report, I believe it was on Bleacher Report, that MIA has done the most research on Justin Herbert out of any other team. Probably why they weren't in attendance for the Rose Bowl. I'm not liking that.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    I dont think Conklin is an option honestly. Jesse Davis played well once he settled into the RT position. And of course we know the staff has invested a lot of time into Dieter. So I think we're looking at LT, C and RG.

I know a lot of people hated the idea but I have no problem trading the Houston pick for William's. The chances of you landing an impact LT at that pick is slim to none. You could change my draft around and trade that pick for William's, draft Epensa at 5 and then Creed Humphrey at 18 or just take BPA. One of the 3 top centers will be there in the 2nd so you could probably land Ruiz or Humphrey possibly.
    Humphrey def a guy id expect us to be all over.

Scherff and thuney are way too expensive imo. I dont see flores spending that kind of $ on oline guys.

And i dont know how anyone would think its a good idea to trade draft picks for williams who is old. And than have to hand him a massive contract on top of the draft picks? No way

With the Texans winning that means their pick is going to be at best #25.

I really dont see how you can complain about trading that for William's. He'll be 32 next season and most Olineman can play well into their 30s. I'd expect to get at least another 3-4 years out of him. And considering how cheap we are in other spots, especially QB, I am 100% ok with giving him a deal.

You guys want to be cheap on the oline while we continue to struggle to find any young guys to develop. Honestly Jesse Davis is the best then-first round pick Olineman we've had in the past decade. Grier just simply cant find them in the draft and Flo hasnt shown any reason to make us think he can develop them yet.

Take the sure thing. Obviously try and get a better deal but you will not get the same quality of player with that Texans pick. Get vet guys who already know how to do it while you can still afford it. Then draft a few over the next few years and try to develop them so when contracts come up you can extend the young ones and just continue the cycle.

Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast