Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    I honestly hope Tua stays, because the the Phins can focus on another area of need and not jump at an oft-injured QB at #5. And besides, that would make 2021 potentially one of the best QB classes in recent memory.

The entire MIA FO being at the Bama game does not necessarily mean it was for Tua. Jeudy, Ruggs, Smith, Willis, Leatherwood, Diggs, Lewis . . . . basically first hand scouting on potentially several 1st rd and high 2nd round talents.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    I honestly hope Tua stays, because the the Phins can focus on another area of need and not jump at an oft-injured QB at #5. And besides, that would make 2021 potentially one of the best QB classes in recent memory.

The entire MIA FO being at the Bama game does not necessarily mean it was for Tua. Jeudy, Ruggs, Smith, Willis, Leatherwood, Diggs, Lewis . . . . basically first hand scouting on potentially several 1st rd and high 2nd round talents.
    Why do you think if we wait until the 2021 class that we are somehow guaranteed to get our guy? We could very possibly be drafting in the middle by next draft.

And why do you keep saying that class is so special?

People have a crazy weird obsession with lawrence, like they did with tebow. Hes good, but he has never been better than tua or burrow this year.

Leatherwood announced today he was going back to Bama. Shifts more chance Tua returns of more of these guys return.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Why do you think if we wait until the 2021 class that we are somehow guaranteed to get our guy? We could very possibly be drafting in the middle by next draft.

And why do you keep saying that class is so special?

People have a crazy weird obsession with lawrence, like they did with tebow. Hes good, but he has never been better than tua or burrow this year.
    Tua going back would make the 2021 class amazing for QBs. Lawrence is a legit #1 pick in the 2021 draft right now. Have you even watched him plan? The guy has underrated mobility and athleticism, and his release is freakishly quick, with a strong arm. I already said I would trade multiple 1sts for Lawrence, and I stand by it.

Burrow came out of nowhere . . . noone could have foreseen what Burrow has done. Lawrence is a special QB. I don't care if I'm the only one that sees that. I would take him above Burrow and Tua right now. I would give up a RGIII type of deal for Lawrence next year.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Tua going back would make the 2021 class amazing for QBs. Lawrence is a legit #1 pick in the 2021 draft right now. Have you even watched him plan? The guy has underrated mobility and athleticism, and his release is freakishly quick, with a strong arm. I already said I would trade multiple 1sts for Lawrence, and I stand by it.

Burrow came out of nowhere . . . noone could have foreseen what Burrow has done. Lawrence is a special QB. I don't care if I'm the only one that sees that. I would take him above Burrow and Tua right now. I would give up a RGIII type of deal for Lawrence next year.
    Yeah but if we can just grab tua this year doesnt that make much more sense?

Hes talking about next years draft having 3 legit top QBs would be good because we can instead use the 5th pick this year to further build the team while snagging one of the 3 QBs that drops in 2021. Btw if you dont see it with Trevor you dont know how to scout QBs. Lawrence is the single best QB I have ever watched in college. If he went to some crazy spread scheme I honestly think he puts up 70 TDs in college.

Leatherwood staying is huge news. I really liked him with the Houston pick or if he fell to the 2and. Continues the trend of Alabama players coming back. Not making the playoffs might legit get 5 elite players to go back to school.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Hes talking about next years draft having 3 legit top QBs would be good because we can instead use the 5th pick this year to further build the team while snagging one of the 3 QBs that drops in 2021. Btw if you dont see it with Trevor you dont know how to scout QBs. Lawrence is the single best QB I have ever watched in college. If he went to some crazy spread scheme I honestly think he puts up 70 TDs in college.

Leatherwood staying is huge news. I really liked him with the Houston pick or if he fell to the 2and. Continues the trend of Alabama players coming back. Not making the playoffs might legit get 5 elite players to go back to school.
    exactly my point, thank you. Tua, Lawrence and Fields all in the same class . . . along with that random QB who just goes berserk? Yup, best QB class in a very long time.

If Tua goes back, then there could be competition to jump SD and CAR for Herbert from a team desperate for a new QB. We could end up getting the third 2021 1st we would need to move up for Lawrence. I would still look to trade one of our 2020 1sts for a 2021 1st just to make sure we have enough draft assets to make such a move without mortgaging future drafts too badly.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post

Calm down with that nonsense i never said lawrence wasnt good, just that nothing hes done says hes any better than burrow or tua. Hes never been better than tua or burrow, thats a fact.

And stop with this system nonsense, Watson was better at clemson under the same system.

Lawrence is good, id gladly draft him, but hes not the special qb you guys hype him to be.

I think a lot of you guys are just obsessed with his long hair or something.

And again, what makes you think we would be in position to get them in 2021? You cant predict that kind of thing.
    Last edited by TakeAnotherL; 01-02-2020 at 05:40 PM.

Calm down with that nonsense i never said lawrence wasnt good, just that nothing hes done says hes any better than burrow or tua. Hes never been better than tua or burrow, thats a fact.

And stop with this system nonsense, Watson was better at clemson under the same system.

Lawrence is good, id gladly draft him, but hes not the special qb you guys hype him to be.

I think a lot of you guys are just obsessed with his long hair or something.

And again, what makes you think we would be in position to get them in 2021? You cant predict that kind of thing.
    He's never been better than Tua or Burrow? Cmon now - I think you need to edit that comment because you know dang well Lawerence was way better than Burrow before the season started.
    Lawerence would be the #1 pick if he was able to go in the 2020 draft.

Lawerence led his team to a national championship over Tua, as a freshy. Fact
    Tua has way better weapons at his disposal. Fact

Lawerence is special.

Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    He's never been better than Tua or Burrow? Cmon now - I think you need to edit that comment because you know dang well Lawerence was way better than Burrow before the season started.
    Lawerence would be the #1 pick if he was able to go in the 2020 draft.

Lawerence led his team to a national championship over Tua, as a freshy. Fact
    Tua has way better weapons at his disposal. Fact

Lawerence is special.
    Lawrencw was terrible the first half of this season. Funny how short term everyones memory is. Tua and burrow were both outplaying him by a long shot.

And lawrences national championship win was all his defense doing the work, lawrence didnt do anything that game.

His defense with 8 all conference defenders won that game and everyone who watched it knows it.

Lawrence is good, but both burrow and tua were much better qbs this year.

What Lawrence did to Bama in that title game as a true freshman was unheard of. He picked them apart. He had a rocky start to the season no doubt but he's 19 years old.

He's not the best QB I've ever seen no, Luck is that by alot for me. But he is damn good, but I also agree I don't think the gap from him to Tua or Burrow is that much or a reason Id skip on either and wait.

Id take lawrence, burrow, or tua. The difference between their nfl careers will most likely be health/coach/organization.

I think its thst close between the 3 now, but based on this season burrow and tua far outplayed lawrence.

I just dont understand the wait till 21 crowd.

We thought we would be locked in for a qb in this draft, and were not. People keep saying wait for 21 as if its some sort of lock we would get lawrence, as if no other team wants him.

So why would we play that game again, if we have a chance at tua this year?

Id take lawrence, burrow, or tua. The difference between their nfl careers will most likely be health/coach/organization.

I think its thst close between the 3 now, but based on this season burrow and tua far outplayed lawrence.

I just dont understand the wait till 21 crowd.

We thought we would be locked in for a qb in this draft, and were not. People keep saying wait for 21 as if its some sort of lock we would get lawrence, as if no other team wants him.

So why would we play that game again, if we have a chance at tua this year?
    Of course its not a lock, but its all based on one's perception of the QBs. All three of Tua, Lawrence and Fields have a legit franchise changing feel to them. I prefer Lawrence over all of them, even Burrow, if I were building a franchise.

If MIA decides that it will build the team up with the draft picks this year, and then gamble on trading up for Lawrence (or whomever) in 2021, then there would be nothing stopping MIA from offering one of the best packages for the #1 pick next year. And it all starts with the 1st rd in 2020. If Tua goes back, MIA will be trying to trade out of the 1st rd this year for an extra 1st in 2021.

The owner, FO and coaching staff have already preached patience in the rebuild. They tried for #1 this year, and failed at it. This was supposed to be a 2-3 year rebuild, and by selecting a QB in 2021, it still falls within that timeline.

Lawrencw was terrible the first half of this season. Funny how short term everyones memory is. Tua and burrow were both outplaying him by a long shot.

And lawrences national championship win was all his defense doing the work, lawrence didnt do anything that game.

His defense with 8 all conference defenders won that game and everyone who watched it knows it.

Lawrence is good, but both burrow and tua were much better qbs this year.
    You're just digging yourself a hole you can't get out of.

Trevor Lawerence 2019 National Championship stats as a 19 year old freshman.
    20-32 347 yards passing 3TDs 0 Turnovers 27 yards rushing and 0 sacks

Lawerence 1st 3 games of the season he had 5 INT's and all 3 games Clemson won by 14 or more. He was taking risks he wouldn't normally take in tough games. And he only threw 3 more INT's the rest of the season to date.

I love Tua and would take him at #5 but if this team doesn't want to take that risk then I have zero issue getting more picks for 2021 to trade up for Lawerence. I've never been one who takes a qb just to take a qb. I think it's a waste unless you are able to take one you love.

I think we all should be happy we have plenty of options/directions to go in securing our franchise qb of the future. Good problem to have!

You all made really good points and in some ways, everyone is right.

I certainly would put Lawrence in the same tier as Tua and Burrows. Burrows was AMAZING this year, though I do honestly worry at least a little that he's a one hit wonder. Who saw this season coming? No one. At the same time, he could just be legit a franchise guy but it's not really relevant, as Cinci is taking him.

I would take Tua in a heartbeat, assuming his health checks out and he's available at 5.

I would have no problem passing on everyone if an elite player dropped to 5 that Miami thought they could build around. Taking a guy a little later isn't awful, we have three picks, Lamar Jackson was drafted at the end of the round and I'd say the Ravens made out well. I also hated (HATED) that pick at the time, btw, so I'm certainly not going to be upset if they went with someone like Jordan Love instead, for example.

I also have no problem just simply waiting until 2021 but I agree with TakeAnotherL that you simply can't bank on a QB being available or what slot you'll be picking. There's too many variables, literally impossible to know. You also can't say "well, we'll just trade 2 firsts and 2 seconds to move up, we have draft capital". What if the team who's picking first overall LOVES Lawrence and tells you to go **** yourself, the pick isn't for sale? PERIOD? Too many think you can just move up/down in the draft, when in fact it's incredibly difficult. Miami could be picking in the teens next year for all we know, strike now if you get the guy you want (or... pass if you don't like any of them).

FWIW, I hope we take Tua at 5, bench him for the year to really make sure he's healthy and ride the FitzMagic train one more season. We'll probably go 6-10 or 7-9, install Tua after a year learning and hope for the best after that.

Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast