Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 56 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    one of those 5ths will be used in a trade up, and one, or both, of the others will be used in a trade out, getting maybe a 4th rd pick for each in the 2021 draft.

I still think we trade back from #18 or #26, all while trading back in at #31. I can see us using anywhere between 3-4 1st rd picks this year.

And with OL about to cash in, I'm guessing that we use minimum 2 of our top 6 picks on OL.

A really big part of me is hoping that someone trades up to #2-3 for Tua, letting MIA take BPA at #5 (Becton/Wills, Simmons or Okudah), and then getting Love or Herbert later in the 1st.

I expect to either trade late round picks for vets or to trade into the 4the. Considering its 70 picks between our 3rd and 4the I cant imagine just sitting on all 3 5ths.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

I expect a decent amount of trade downs and pick up picks for next season.

Yeah I could totally see us trading out of first round with pick 26.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I expect a decent amount of trade downs and pick up picks for next season.
    True, didn't think of that. Good call.
    Can definitely see us sending a 5th to someone for their 4th round pick next year for example.

We have all of our 2021 draft picks, plus Houstons 1st and 2nd round picks in the Tunsil/Stills move (beautiful).
    So we already have 9 for 2021 and we definitely aren't getting any compensatory picks so maybe we move a pick or two from 2020 to get us to 10 picks in 2021, always good to spread out the picks and draft ammo for future trades and keep a good rotation of talent rolling through.
    This draft and our 2021 drafts will dictate our future. We need to hit on at least a couple of probowl talent guys as well as an above average/elite type QB.
    BRUH

Report is all pro days after March 20th are going to be cancelled and combine medical rechecks will as well.

All predraft in house vists are cancelled as well. So no one gets those 30 extra vists.

This is big on Tua. Chance we have to draft him without getting a look at him post injury.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Wrench; 03-12-2020 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Report is all pro days after March 20th are going to be cancelled and combine medical rechecks will as well.

All predraft in house vists are cancelled as well. So no one gets those 30 extra vists.

This is big on Tua. Chance we have to draft him without getting a look at him post injury.

This is interesting, but it puts all of the scouts on high alert. If the NFL does not allow private visits, then all teams are on the same level when it comes to the draft. this may limit someone from trading up for him, so it kind of gives us the advantage at #5 for him to fall there.

The good news of no pro days is it might help push Tua down. So we might not even need to trade up for him. But at the same time since we wont get to meet with him which could obviously push us to Herbert or Love. And even outside of Tua, how does this affect our standing on the other QBs? We've been told that Herbert is in contention for #5 and that the team likes Love but not at #5. So does Grier settle for Herbert?

The Dolphins had advisor David Lee in attendance for the Oregon pro day.

Armando first tweeted this out as QB coach David Lee which really gave me a panic attack for a split second.

Rapoport

While some teams are closing their facilities, others are proceeding with extreme caution. For instance, #OSU RB J.K. Dobbins, one of the top backs in the draft, is currently at the #Dolphins facility on a pre-draft visit.

Dobbins is my favorite RB in the draft, but CK made a great point last week about drafting a RB or signing a vet. Is the drop off between Melvin Gordon and JK Dobbins more severe than say Tre Boston at FS or Antoine Winfield? I'm at the point that I'm 100% ok with signing a vet RB and drafting one in the 3rd or 4th if it means we get a stud like Winfield or another lineman.

Edit: the report is that the Dolphins liked Dobbins so much that they had him come in today before the NFL cancels the full top 30 visits.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 03-13-2020 at 11:29 AM.

Seems NFL has been slow on the response so the 30 in house vists are not cancelled yet. Hence why Phins brought him in early.

For me I'd rather get 5 cheap years of Dobbins then pay Gordon alot for say 3 years. But that's me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Seems NFL has been slow on the response so the 30 in house vists are not cancelled yet. Hence why Phins brought him in early.

For me I'd rather get 5 cheap years of Dobbins then pay Gordon alot for say 3 years. But that's me.

And trust me so would I. Dobbins>Gordon by a lot. But it's an interesting point. I mean we have so many holes that it's hard to fill everything and I would hate to use 26 on a RB.

With so many holes I'd rather just take the best players we have on the board when we pick regardless if it's a need or not. We need talant everywhere.

Also Phins where getting railed by PFT being we still did a in house vist but seems Dobbins is living and training in South Florida so he only had to drive over.

Not sure Dobbins is better than Gordon right now. Cap-wise, sure. But talent-wise, I'd take Gordon over Dobbins right now. I'm not a huge Dobbins guy, but I'm not going to hate if he's picked in the 2nd rd by us. But to me, for MIA, he's not worth a 1st rd pick. No RB is right now.

Wait until #39 if you need to.

If MIA comes away with a QB, DE, OL and/or CB in the 1st rd, its an A+ 1st rd for us. Huge needs.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/...964425730?s=19

Page 20 of 56 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast