Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 56 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    I know Grier wants to stay at 5 because that's just Griers approach. But at this point I dont even know if you'll get the 3rd best QB at 5. Pretty much everyone from 2-4 wants to trade back or might be tempted to take Tua. So I could easily see Tua going to Washington and someone jumping us for Herbert or Love.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    I know Grier wants to stay at 5 because that's just Griers approach. But at this point I dont even know if you'll get the 3rd best QB at 5. Pretty much everyone from 2-4 wants to trade back or might be tempted to take Tua. So I could easily see Tua going to Washington and someone jumping us for Herbert or Love.
    If someone jumps us for both Tua and one of Love/Herbert, then **** it, just build the team with BPA and forget QB until next year. Thats what I would do. Or try to trade back from #5 and get additional picks later in the round. I mean, that would be the biggest buzzkill ever if this happened, but what are you going to do lol

Tony Pauline posted this....

What are the chances the Miami Dolphins trade up before draft or when they are on the clock?

Ive heard nothing on the Miami Dolphins trading up in round one. But what I can tell you is that its possible they use their final first-round pick on Ezra Cleveland the Boise State junior to fill their hole at left tackle.

I was just about to post that lol. I havent done much review of Ezra but I think the Dolphins are in an incredible spot with their last two picks. Should be able to get a solid OT easily.

they should be able to fill two OL spots at both #26 and #39. Time to stock pile talent there.

Ezra Cleveland is rising up some boards, but the dude is still a bottom 2nd - 3rd rd pick (big board rank from what I've seen is averaging anywhere between 80-90). They take him at #26, I'm going to vomit. It will be JJ all over again . . . a massive reach when other talented players could be had.

Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    The problem here is the selection of Haskins was made by Snyder. Local kid who was forced on to Gruden's lap while he was on the hot seat. So that tells me Haskins is here to stay for a couple years. I fully believe this is all smoke to see what teams will offer for #2 pick to jump the Lions but they end up "settling" on Chase Young, another local DMV talent.

I'd rather trade up to #3 and roll the dice on Tua than select Herbert or Love at #5. Selecting either of them at #5 makes me sick to my stomach.
    Arizona showed the nfl that the days of drafting a qb high, and sticking with him no matter what are over.

And i think many other teams will follow that new trend, and wsh looks primed to do it.

Haskins is a complete stiff in the pocket, nothing is going to change that.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Arizona showed the nfl that the days of drafting a qb high, and sticking with him no matter what are over.

And i think many other teams will follow that new trend, and wsh looks primed to do it.

Haskins is a complete stiff in the pocket, nothing is going to change that.
    I agree with you especially with a head coaching change in between the selections of early 1st rd qbs.

But, this is Daniel Snyder we're talking about here.

Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    I agree with you especially with a head coaching change in between the selections of early 1st rd qbs.

But, this is Daniel Snyder we're talking about here.
    Yeah i just dont think the new coach would of went there if they were told they were stuck with haskins.

The only issue I could see Rivera running into is that Snyder hand picked Haskins. But Snyder seems like the type to go after whatever is shiney so he could probably be sold on Tua.

Snyder 100% hand-picked Haskins, I severely doubt he's going to admit failure and draft another QB at #2 when Chase Young grew up a Redskins fan, lived in the MD area, and is hands down the best prospect in the draft. You can use permanent marker to write Young's name in at #2 to WSH.

DET won't draft a QB, they want Okudah. Are they willing to bet that NYG or MIA doesn't take Okudah?

NYG won't either, but they are willing to trade back . . . but I'm not sure they are willing to trade back lower than #7 . . . so will CAR or SD jump us at #4? Possibly. Even if I have to give up a late round pick to move up to 4, I would.

Its all going to be interesting. I am hoping Brady signs in SD, which takes them out of the QB hunt this year because they would be in win-now mode. I hope Cam stays put in CAR and they continue to roll with the Cam-Christian offense. OAK has holes just like us, not sure they'd be willing to give both 1sts this year.

I think Tua is ours at #5

Flores, Grier and DC Boyer were all at Auburns pro day today. But the Herald is reporting that the group took all of Auburns defensive players into a meeting room, and did a full install session with them. Then took the players onto the field and had them implement what they just learned. The team feels like this is the best way to learn which players are smart enough to handle a sophisticated defense.

Btw I dont think theres anything that could piss me off more than tanking a season and drafting a DT at 5 like Derrik Brown. Not saying its gonna happen, but the thought came across my head.

We added a 4th and 7th round to our hual via the comp picks. James and Wake both getting hurt and missing most of the year prevented us from better ones.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

To me more specific, the picks are 141 and 251. Barry Jackson is also reporting that the Dolphins will get a 5th from the KD trade.

Really cant believe that James found another way to hurt us with his injuries.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 03-10-2020 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    To me more specific, the picks are 141 and 251. Barry Jackson is also reporting that the Dolphins will get a 5th from the KD trade.

Really cant believe that James found another way to hurt us with his injuries.
    Fins have 14 picks!
    That's crazy. We don't need 14 picks, hope we turn that into 10-11 picks and move up at times to get the guys we want. Part of me wants to even trade back from 5 and snag a 1st round pick later in draft and more draft capital. And then use those extra picks and existing ones to jump back into the 1st and snag 4 1st rounders with those 5th year options. Could pay dividends. Unless Tua is there and Fins really want him, then fine.
    BRUH

Quote Originally Posted by LRizzle View Post
    Fins have 14 picks!
    That's crazy. We don't need 14 picks, hope we turn that into 10-11 picks and move up at times to get the guys we want. Part of me wants to even trade back from 5 and snag a 1st round pick later in draft and more draft capital. And then use those extra picks and existing ones to jump back into the 1st and snag 4 1st rounders with those 5th year options. Could pay dividends. Unless Tua is there and Fins really want him, then fine.
    Ive always thought that was most likely plan, trade back or out of the draft as much as possible, but also use some of oir ammo to trade up in the middle rounds.

Theres no way they want to use 14 picks, plus the undrafted free agents.

I think we entered the season last year with close to 20 rookies, i cant imagine they want to do that again.

Page 19 of 56 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast