Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 56 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Antoine Winfield Jr just ran a 4.48 40. Remember that Flo said his father was his favorite player of all time. If we decide against Simmons I'm 100%ok with taking Winfield at 39.
    Winfield would be a nice addition if he can stay healthy

As a Buckeye...loved watching his dad play, wished Jr would have gone to Columbus too

Hope he didn't run too fast. I would like a RB at 39 but would look for Winfield with the next pick if the meds check out...just tired of chronic injury prone players. All part of the game but some guys get nicked and keep going and other guys just seem to get dragged down

He's being talked about in Cleveland as a mid-round pick and in the next breath they say best safety out there with flexibility to move him around...like most of the draft...have to wait and see how it shakes out through pro days and what the medicals and interviews revealed

I believe the scenarios of trading up for #3 for Young would be done ahead of the draft to guarantee the selection of either Tua (if nobody trades up to @) or Young falling to #3. It's a great idea in theory but there is now way the Lions would do this as they would Love Young OR trade down to a team who wants Tua and receiving more compensation while on the clock than they would before the draft.

If Burrow and Tua go before we pick at #5 we will have 1 of Young/Simmons/Okudah available to choose from. I like Young - Okudah - Simmons is that order. I thoroughly hate the idea of taking Herbert or Love at #5 because it reeks of desperation to find the next Mahomes and ending up with the next Bortles/Trubisky/Mariota. I want elite talent at #5 or a trade down if possible.

Again, I don't have an issue trading up to #3 if it costs us #5 and #39 and 3rd. The Skins interest in Tua and Burrow is a massive smoke screen for me. This is a leverage ploy to hope a team jumps the Lions as the ideal trade destination for Tua. Don't forget the Skins still have Alex Smith's cap hit and if they take Tua they will be starting Colt McCoy I guess. lol that just screams like a mess of a qb situation there after they trade away Haskins. I don;t see it happening.

WSH is not taking Tua, its all smoke. They will take Young. I think MIA should be putting smoke out there in regards to both Okudah and Simmons, just to scare DET from actually trading out of #3 and missing out on their prime target in Okudah.

MIA has total control of the draft, if they want someone, they're going to get him, but at their price, not someone else's. WSH is smart doing what they are doing. I'd fully want MIA to do the same exact thing if the shoe were on the other foot.

Miami doesn't have total control of the draft because they can't guarantee themselves Burrow.

Love is easily worth 5 to me. his college tape is better than Mahomes college tape and his arm is better than Mahomes. Love's arm is the closest arm I have seen to Marino. Mahomes is more Elway
    Last edited by tunnicliffderek; 03-02-2020 at 10:02 PM.

Coming to Miami 2021

MIA is going to tell everyone that they like Love, and Herbert, and Tua. They are going to keep everyone on their toes. I'm hoping they come out and start talking their love of the top defenders as well. If DET is in love with Okudah, but they know that MIA 'loves' him too, why would they take the risk of trading back behind MIA for another team to draft Tua? They wouldn't. MIA has to start pumping some of their own smoke regarding other players.

Also, I'm starting to think that MIA trades back into the 1st rd, specifically with SF at 31 (SF really needs to trade out. They own 31, and then their next pick is in the 5th rd). Something like #59 & #70 for 31. Especially if another OL prospect or maybe a RB they covet is there.

I still don't trust Love being a good option in the top 5 for us. But I also think that Grier may be stubborn and not give up any picks to trade up for Tua, and let someone else jump him and go with Love at 5. If this is the option, and they decide to trade back into the 1st rd at #31, they could potentially have: 5, 18, 26, 31 & 39 in the first two rounds. That's how you start the rebuild!

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    MIA is going to tell everyone that they like Love, and Herbert, and Tua. They are going to keep everyone on their toes. I'm hoping they come out and start talking their love of the top defenders as well. If DET is in love with Okudah, but they know that MIA 'loves' him too, why would they take the risk of trading back behind MIA for another team to draft Tua? They wouldn't. MIA has to start pumping some of their own smoke regarding other players.

Also, I'm starting to think that MIA trades back into the 1st rd, specifically with SF at 31 (SF really needs to trade out. They own 31, and then their next pick is in the 5th rd). Something like #59 & #70 for 31. Especially if another OL prospect or maybe a RB they covet is there.

I still don't trust Love being a good option in the top 5 for us. But I also think that Grier may be stubborn and not give up any picks to trade up for Tua, and let someone else jump him and go with Love at 5. If this is the option, and they decide to trade back into the 1st rd at #31, they could potentially have: 5, 18, 26, 31 & 39 in the first two rounds. That's how you start the rebuild!
    ^^^This guy gets it!

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    Miami doesn't have total control of the draft because they can't guarantee themselves Burrow.

Love is easily worth 5 to me. his college tape is better than Mahomes college tape and his arm is better than Mahomes. Love's arm is the closest arm I have seen to Marino. Mahomes is more Elway
    Lol what?

Mahomes threw 7 tds vs LSU, in what world did love ever look better than mahomes in college? Show me that game.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    WSH is not taking Tua, its all smoke. They will take Young. I think MIA should be putting smoke out there in regards to both Okudah and Simmons, just to scare DET from actually trading out of #3 and missing out on their prime target in Okudah.

MIA has total control of the draft, if they want someone, they're going to get him, but at their price, not someone else's. WSH is smart doing what they are doing. I'd fully want MIA to do the same exact thing if the shoe were on the other foot.
    I wouldnt completely put it past wsh to take tua.

Haskins is a complete stiff in the pocket. I said thag before the draft, against pressure, he will get dominated everytime.

If wsh sees that the way they should, they should take tua.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post

Haskins is a complete stiff in the pocket. I said thag before the draft, against pressure, he will get dominated everytime.

then they should take him if they feel that bad. So that puts us in a peculiar situation. Do we hit the panic button and draft Herbert/Love at #5, or do we potentially take a QB of our defense and snag Isaiah Simmons at #5 (if NYG doesn't take him) or another lock-down CB in Jeff Okudah to pair with Howard?

I'm not sold on either Love or Herbert at #5, but I'd consider one of them in the top 15 with a possible trade up.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post

The problem here is the selection of Haskins was made by Snyder. Local kid who was forced on to Gruden's lap while he was on the hot seat. So that tells me Haskins is here to stay for a couple years. I fully believe this is all smoke to see what teams will offer for #2 pick to jump the Lions but they end up "settling" on Chase Young, another local DMV talent.

I'd rather trade up to #3 and roll the dice on Tua than select Herbert or Love at #5. Selecting either of them at #5 makes me sick to my stomach.

I'm okay with Herbert at 5...Love lower, maybe 9-13 range (just because of the position and not because of the skillset necessarily) and if he isn't there so be it. Afraid of Tua with the injuries although when healthy he's lights out. But that history scares me off.

I would trade up for Burrow but not give everything, Herbert at 5, trade back outta 5 if nothing happens on those fronts unless I give up on a QB this year and go another direction while I have the picks and really build the whole team.

In the back of my mind I keep hoping that Rosen is the real smokescreen and they really like him and he's what we hoped he is allowing us to trade out of 5 and we end up with 4 first rounders to build around a QB that's better than we all think and already on the team...but that would be quite the psyop

If you don't go QB in 1st (say Eason in 3rd) and you can trade out of 5 that gives you

2 OL in the 1st
    Edge in 1st
    BPA in 1st (CB, Safety, LB)
    then a RB or gem that fell outta 1st by dumb luck at 39

Thats alot of potential starters on rookie contracts and tons of flexibility to fill gaps with veteran talent this year or next... and 4 players with 5th year options.

All assuming Rosen can actually be at the helm or you trade for or sign a veteran that just needs a change of venue to thrive.

Alot of big if's for sure...but fun to think about

... and if it all turns out horrible next year you give up both 1sts and the following years to get your quarterback but you've already got the chemistry going on the line to keep the guy alive.

I wouldn't trade up for anyone right now. What happens in the draft may be determined in free agency. If Tua drops to 5 then I would consider him, but I don't think he is worth 2 extra firsts to move up.

I would be ok with moving down and picking up extra picks if our guy is not at 5.

Quote Originally Posted by csonka39 View Post
    I'm okay with Herbert at 5...Love lower, maybe 9-13 range (just because of the position and not because of the skillset necessarily) and if he isn't there so be it. Afraid of Tua with the injuries although when healthy he's lights out. But that history scares me off.

I would trade up for Burrow but not give everything, Herbert at 5, trade back outta 5 if nothing happens on those fronts unless I give up on a QB this year and go another direction while I have the picks and really build the whole team.

In the back of my mind I keep hoping that Rosen is the real smokescreen and they really like him and he's what we hoped he is allowing us to trade out of 5 and we end up with 4 first rounders to build around a QB that's better than we all think and already on the team...but that would be quite the psyop

If you don't go QB in 1st (say Eason in 3rd) and you can trade out of 5 that gives you

2 OL in the 1st
    Edge in 1st
    BPA in 1st (CB, Safety, LB)
    then a RB or gem that fell outta 1st by dumb luck at 39

Thats alot of potential starters on rookie contracts and tons of flexibility to fill gaps with veteran talent this year or next... and 4 players with 5th year options.

All assuming Rosen can actually be at the helm or you trade for or sign a veteran that just needs a change of venue to thrive.

Alot of big if's for sure...but fun to think about

... and if it all turns out horrible next year you give up both 1sts and the following years to get your quarterback but you've already got the chemistry going on the line to keep the guy alive.
    Rosen looks like a future backup QB in this league. Lets not let him be our next Tannehill.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I wouldn't trade up for anyone right now. What happens in the draft may be determined in free agency. If Tua drops to 5 then I would consider him, but I don't think he is worth 2 extra firsts to move up.

I would be ok with moving down and picking up extra picks if our guy is not at 5.
    It's not going to take 3 firsts to move form #5 to #3 and this will be more clearer once the free agency qb carousel is completed.

#5 a 2nd and a 3rd should get it done.

If they love Tua, they'll package the picks to move up to 3 without hesitation. But I just don't envision Grier parting with any valuable picks to do it. His plan is to rebuild the team with the picks. I personally think MIA stays at 5 and still gets Tua. I think SD, CAR, OAK, IND, TB, etc know they cannot beat MIA in a trade offer, and I think they will be dealing with contingency plans more so than trying to find a way to get up to #2 or #3.

Now NYG at 4 . . . that worries me. throw a couple 5ths their way with #5 to move up to ensure nobody comes knocking

Page 18 of 56 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast