Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 56 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    I know we are probably taking a quarterback with our first pick and I don't know if we trade up to get Burrow, settle for whoever is left at 5 and hope it's who we had our heart set on, or drop some capital to move to 2, 3 or 4 if Burrow is unattainable.

But hear me out.

Let's say we could trade for Trubisky with #141. He's now expendable in Chicago and maybe he responds to a change in scenery. We would then have 2, top 10 overalls, competing for the spot without costing much this year and not eating cap on rookie deals. (Fitz mentors them but we let them compete and play) They have a brand new shiny line trying to build chemistry to protect them and develop a running game to keep defenses honest. If one thrives we are golden. If both fail we move on with a much better supporting cast everywhere on the field next year and resign ourselves to spend a considerable portion of the next draft to make it happen and not spoil this years haul of picks.

Round One
    #5 Wirfs
    #18 Thomas
    now we have both tackles that can both play either side for the long term
    #26 Gross-Matos or Epenesa (hoping one would be available)
    if not I try to trade out of that pick otherwise I go best WR available because it's a deep class...Higgins is likely best available on the board at this spot

Round Two
    #39 Winfield Jr (if Winfield is gone I go Aiyuk at WR... unless I had to go WR at 26 and presumably have Higgins) If all those plans are shot I go Ruiz or Cushenberry

#56 Best available RB I prefer Swift or Dobbins but Akers would be okay too
    if they are all gone I go Ruiz or Cushenberry if I didn't back into that pick at 39

#70 May have to package 70 with 173 and a 7th to get a few spots higher to get Ruiz or Cushenberry if they are still on the board assuming I got a RB at 56 and Winfield at 39. If we got the center at 39 or 56 then its Edwards-Helaire here because I probably still haven't got a RB

#141 traded for Trubisky to compete with Rosen

#153 and #154 I go Buckeyes with Hamilton DT and KJ Hill at WR

Rest of the draft I try for some hidden gems or try to move them to get into 3rd or 4th and get a TE

If Rosen and Trubisky both flame out... with a talented albeit green offensive line and new RB and WR to add to hopefully a healthy cast of returning WR's then I suck it up next year and pay whatever it takes to get "that guy". I know we can always upgrade almost any spot, but we would have very few real holes going into next years draft with this years FA and draft...so we have enough picks to get Lawrence or Fields if we need them. If we don't need them...even better.

How about we stop taking teams rejects at QBs? Trubisky is literally the worst case scenario version of Herbert. Guy drafted before studs like Mahomes and Watson (in this draft Tua and Love).

Btw Michael Lombardi is reporting that two teams flunked Tua in their pre-draft physical. He didnt mention names but one was inside the top 10. It's not just the hip but all of the injuries that are scaring teams. We're really about to make the Brees mistake all over again, and it's for basically the same QBs.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 04-08-2020 at 04:28 PM.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

They've been linked to Herbert for a looong time. I have a feeling they take him and Swift in the first and I'm back to being disappointed.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    They've been linked to Herbert for a looong time. I have a feeling they take him and Swift in the first and I'm back to being disappointed.
    This is true. They have been heavily scouting the kid since 2018. So they could have had a crush on him, which has turned into a full-blown bromance now. If Burrow had not gone off like he did, we'd be talking about Tua or Herbert #1 to CIN most likely. And if Tua decided to stay another year, I don't believe there would be as much negativity around Herbert as there is now. But because Tua has now dropped out of the #1 spot, its now a miserable option to have Herbert.

When healthy, Tua is better than Herbert, and imo Burrow as well, and I can say that very few people can probably deny that. BUT . . . Herbert is built like a tank for the QB position. Being injured is nowhere near a concern. He has one of the best pure arms in the draft. He is athletic enough to avoid pressure and gain the tough yards on the ground. Under NFL coaches, he can learn the nuances of the position that he did not get in college.

If MIA has the choice between Tua and Herbert, I would LOVE for it to be Tua, but I am starting to mentally come around to Herbert at #5.

As for Swift, I'd love him at #39 if he's there, but #26 wouldn't be a terrible spot for him if we cannot get another blue-chip type prospect somewhere else. I personally love the idea of X McKinney or Cesar Ruiz right now.

My preference for the 1st rd is:

5. Tua
    18. Trade up into the low teens for OT like Thomas, Wills, Becton
    26. OG/OC Cesar Ruiz or S X. Mckinney

Thats a homerun 1st rd.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    This is true. They have been heavily scouting the kid since 2018. So they could have had a crush on him, which has turned into a full-blown bromance now. If Burrow had not gone off like he did, we'd be talking about Tua or Herbert #1 to CIN most likely. And if Tua decided to stay another year, I don't believe there would be as much negativity around Herbert as there is now. But because Tua has now dropped out of the #1 spot, its now a miserable option to have Herbert.

When healthy, Tua is better than Herbert, and imo Burrow as well, and I can say that very few people can probably deny that. BUT . . . Herbert is built like a tank for the QB position. Being injured is nowhere near a concern. He has one of the best pure arms in the draft. He is athletic enough to avoid pressure and gain the tough yards on the ground. Under NFL coaches, he can learn the nuances of the position that he did not get in college.

If MIA has the choice between Tua and Herbert, I would LOVE for it to be Tua, but I am starting to mentally come around to Herbert at #5.

As for Swift, I'd love him at #39 if he's there, but #26 wouldn't be a terrible spot for him if we cannot get another blue-chip type prospect somewhere else. I personally love the idea of X McKinney or Cesar Ruiz right now.

My preference for the 1st rd is:

5. Tua
    18. Trade up into the low teens for OT like Thomas, Wills, Becton
    26. OG/OC Cesar Ruiz or S X. Mckinney

Thats a homerun 1st rd.
    That's best case scenario imo right now, I would be over the moon with Tua, OT with trade up and someone like McKinney... Though I think he's gone by that pick.

No need to take a RB in the first, there's tons of value there in the second and we have two second round picks.

If we somehow exit this draft with our starting QB, starting RB, starting LT and starting safety then this draft was a home run.

I just hope we don't completely blotch this but I have hope for once...

interesting read for both anti-Herbert and pro-Herbert alike

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2020/4/...terback-rumors

I'm honestly at the point that I'll be surprised if the Dolphins draft Tua, and that seems to be the general vibe that most reporters have right now. Hell it seems like more and more people are talking about Tua dropping now because the injury is just too much of a risk. We might actually have to trade up for Herbert lol.

Like I've said, this will either be the greatest smokescreen of all time or the FO was giving us a heads up so we can prepare ourselves. I dont love Herbert because hes just not my preferred type of QB, but I dont think hes a terrible prospect. But you better be confident in your coaching staff to develop him and develop a great scheme around him. His ceiling is like Goff and Jimmy G.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    I'm honestly at the point that I'll be surprised if the Dolphins draft Tua, and that seems to be the general vibe that most reporters have right now. Hell it seems like more and more people are talking about Tua dropping now because the injury is just too much of a risk. We might actually have to trade up for Herbert lol.

Like I've said, this will either be the greatest smokescreen of all time or the FO was giving us a heads up so we can prepare ourselves. I dont love Herbert because hes just not my preferred type of QB, but I dont think hes a terrible prospect. But you better be confident in your coaching staff to develop him and develop a great scheme around him. His ceiling is like Goff and Jimmy G.
    I've said it before, I wouldn't be surprised if Tua dropped of the top ten.

Mando stated there are reports that there were possibly two unreported wrist injuries as well, that's putting a lot of information out there. Tua's camp has not come out and denied those reports yet either. If these are fully verified, he is officially 'brittle' as Mike Lombardi referenced

The injury that Lombardi is talking about is a wrist injury from his freshman year in spring training. Simon Clancy is reporting that it was a thumb injury from hitting a linemans helmet and he was back to practice within a few days. Teams knew about it before, it's just not talked about since it wasnt a serious injury.

Quote Originally Posted by georgiadolfan View Post
    I've said it before, I wouldn't be surprised if Tua dropped of the top ten.
    And fall right to the Pats.....

What happens if other teams trade up and Burrow, Chase, Tua and Herbert go top 4?

Right now I feel like Miami needs to trade up if they really want one of those four as the first pick.

Jordan Love is still the QB I want at 5. I think he is better than both Tua and Herbert

if one of the top 4 OTs don't fall I would be looking at Ezra Cleveland and Robert Hunt to be my OL picks in this draft

Clyde Edwards Helaire is the RB I want. Jonathan Taylor my 2nd choice. those are the top 2 RBs

Kyle Dugger is the safety I want

Laviska Shenault I want with James Proche late

also love Bryce Hall. not a need with Byron but I wouldn't care

Coming to Miami 2021

also I don't think Tua drops out of the top 10 at all

Coming to Miami 2021

They basically need an entire oline. Sound like a broken record every year but they just never fix it. The running game was historically bad last season and whoever they put in at qb is going to get murdered. Drake was fine in Arizona. Three of the first four picks should be linemen. I really wouldn't mind three lineman in the first.

The draft comes around and everyone wants to make the sexy picks. They needed a line before they shipped out the only serviceable player on it. They better not forget that.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

^^^^I think Grier needs to have 1 of 2 mindsets for this draft. Either go for BPA at every pick and just gather as much elite talent, or value needs higher than BPA.

I understand the idea of just getting elite players. Sparano's biggest failure was that the team just didnt have enough play makers on the team. So if the draft started with Tua, Jeudy/Ruggs, Swift and Uche I would be happy. No matter what we do this year, the team isnt competing for a Super Bowl. So might as well just grab as much elite talent as possible and figure it out from there. You SHOULD be able to find OGs and Centers later in the draft. You could easily grab Hennessy at C and Lemeniux at OG in the 4th or 5th.

But personally I agree that we need to value needs higher than other spots, espcially the Oline. Every GM has a weakness in his evaluations and Griers seems to be OL (and possibly QB). Everyone knows the crapshoot of OGs in the 3rd round that seems to happen every year. The early picks we have line up perfectly for so many picks. My favorite draft is Jones at 18 and Ruiz at 26 followed by a guy like Niang, Wilson or Peart at 56. Then you can get some kind of combo of Winfield/Ashtyn and one of the top 5 RBs with 39 and 70.

Page 27 of 56 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast