Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    From what the RBs are saying today we are 100% using a 1st or 2nd rounder on one of them as we have met with almost the entire gourp already. Unless some other guys we really like fall I don't see how it doesn't happen.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

If its not used to trade up, I can see #39 being used to take a RB. I'm not feeling the whole RD1 RB idea that some people are throwing out there. If I had the choice at #26 between the #1 RB in the draft, or someone like Gross-Matos . . . I'm taking Gross-Matos over Swift (or whomever people think is #1).

If #39 is used to trade up, I can see MIA trying to trade back with either #18 or #26 to get an additional 2nd rd pick

I feel the same way. I'd rather take one of the few that drop to 39. Theres about 4 or 5 really good RBs in this draft so you can get good value at 39 for sure. Use that 5th year option on a better value position.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Btw Armando is now reporting that Herbert has a slight lead over Tua with some people in the building. He points out that it's still early and obviously the Dolphins still want to meet with all of the QBs, but at the moment it seems like the team is leaning towards Herbert.

This is also a day after he reported that the Dolphins still very much like Love as a prospect.

It's also on a day that the Redskins schedule interviews with Tua and Burrow and the Giants talk about being open for trades.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 02-26-2020 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Btw Armando is now reporting that Herbert has a slight lead over Tua with some people in the building. He points out that it's still early and obviously the Dolphins still want to meet with all of the QBs, but at the moment it seems like the team is leaning towards Herbert.

This is also a day after he reported that the Dolphins still very much like Love as a prospect.

It's also on a day that the Redskins schedule interviews with Tua and Burrow and the Giants talk about being open for trades.
    It's all cat and mouse games, we will not know one way or the other untill draft night.

So to summarize - Miami likes all 4 of the top qb prospects. Not tipping their hand either way so it sounds like Miami has common sense.

And everyone else in the world came out today to say Tua is still the guy. Although Omar pointed out that everyone is actively hurting the Dolphins when they point out how bad this smokescreen is.

I'm still preparing myself for everything tho. I can be convinced with any of the big 4 even though Tua is my #1 choice. But passing on Tua for Herbert if both were there at 5 would be ROUGH.

CIN isn't going to bypass Burrow. WSH would be smart to take Tua because I personally think Haskins will not be good at all. DET is not taking a QB, but will likely trade back. NYG will likely trade back or take the BPA.

MIA is in a great spot really. They can easily get to spots 2-4 if they wanted to. They have the most assets and really the best assets available to do so. If they want to trade to #2, they can and will. or they can allow the teams in front of them to try and over-sell their picks to MIA, with MIA controlling the show and being able to decline dumb offers.

But I also believe that they are high on Herbert, unlike some people. I think they view Herbert as a top 5 player in this draft, for their needs. I've said it before, Herbert has the highest ceiling out of all of the QBs in the class. Whoever they draft will end up sitting this year anyways and not see the field until 2021.

That 4.7 40 time for Herbert is impressive for a guy his size. Just saying, the dude's sneaky athleticism showed. And his arm strength was really noticeable last night. I mean he flicked his wrist and the ball was gone. If not for his below average footwork and inconsistent performances, he'd probably be above Tua.

I'm really holding out hope that Herbert continues to shine, making it a possibility that all three QBs can be taken in the top 5. I think that would give MIA a little leverage when considering trade-ups.

I'd still prefer Tua over Herbert for obvious reasons, but if MIA went with Herbert at 5 (given Tua was off the board already). . . would it be the worst pick for this franchise? Stronger arm than Tannehill and Rosen . . . already better pocket presence than Rosen and better than Tannehill when he came out . . . has a personality that would play well with the younger team around him. And he would have been considered the top QB last year had he come out.

Maybe not depleting our assets for Tua won't be as bad as previously thought, although make no mistakes I want Tua above Herbert.

So it looks like Joe Judge has strong armed Dave Gettleman in New York because more and more reports are coming out that the Giants desperately want to trade back. So even if we call the Lions bluff on taking Tua and no one moves up with them, we still have to worry about someone going for #4.

But if I'm looking at it as a glass half full, this helps steal some leverage from the Lions.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    That 4.7 40 time for Herbert is impressive for a guy his size. Just saying, the dude's sneaky athleticism showed. And his arm strength was really noticeable last night. I mean he flicked his wrist and the ball was gone. If not for his below average footwork and inconsistent performances, he'd probably be above Tua.

I'm really holding out hope that Herbert continues to shine, making it a possibility that all three QBs can be taken in the top 5. I think that would give MIA a little leverage when considering trade-ups.

I'd still prefer Tua over Herbert for obvious reasons, but if MIA went with Herbert at 5 (given Tua was off the board already). . . would it be the worst pick for this franchise? Stronger arm than Tannehill and Rosen . . . already better pocket presence than Rosen and better than Tannehill when he came out . . . has a personality that would play well with the younger team around him. And he would have been considered the top QB last year had he come out.

Maybe not depleting our assets for Tua won't be as bad as previously thought, although make no mistakes I want Tua above Herbert.
    I really dont understand what Herbert showed yesterday that would make you change your opinion on him. I mean I've kinda turned into the Herbert apologist but we all knew he was big, had a strong arm and was fast. The problem is the athleticism it's all the mental aspect.

He doesnt trust what he sees so it's rare win the arm strength is actually used to his advantage. Even though he can run he's not elusive and doesnt have a plan when he escapes so you cant really talk about him scrambling. And hes as much of a rock in the pocket as Tannehill.

I've said it for months now, but Herbert is just a bigger version of Rosen.

The Sun Sentinel is reporting that Tia left his meeting with the Dolphins feeling like he got a cold shoulder from the team. These are quotes from a source close to Tua.

“How am I supposed to feel like it’s the right place for me if they act like that?”

“Maybe, they are after Justin Herbert.”

No one was excited,” the source added. “They didn’t give any indication of ‘he’s their guy.’ He felt weird, like is this a joke?

The story goes on to say that the meeting is on par with the rest of the meetings the Dolphins have had and that Tua and his family aren't angry towards the team. Flo is trying to keep things tight and obviously has a history of trying to mess with players mentally to see how they respond.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 02-28-2020 at 02:04 PM.

The Sun Sentinel is reporting that Tia left his meeting with the Dolphins feeling like he got a cold shoulder from the team. These are quotes from a source close to Tua.

“How am I supposed to feel like it’s the right place for me if they act like that?”

No one was excited,” the source added. “They didn’t give any indication of ‘he’s their guy.’ He felt weird, like is this a joke?

The story goes on to say that the meeting is on par with the rest of the meetings the Dolphins have had and that Tua and his family aren't angry towards the team. Flo is trying to keep things tight and obviously has a history of trying to mess with players mentally to see how they respond.
    I love it!

This is exactly how it should be. This is great news for MIA. either purposely give him the cold shoulder, or they gave him a wink wink, nudge nudge . . .tell the media this and that? Who knows but I think this is a positive note for MIA.

Legit question . . . if WSH takes Tua at 2, do you think MIA tries to make a play to #3 for Chase Young? I've always said he was the BEST prospect in the class hands down. It may not be smart from a draft asset standpoint, but from a football perspective, it makes a ton of sense for MIA to get the best DE to come out in a couple years.

I mean, if he's there at #3, I am 99% certain DET laughs at trade offers and takes him, but still, something to ponder I suppose.

Page 16 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast