Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Guys the problem isnt that the Dolphins wouldnt try to get Trevor. But theres absolutely NO ONE that will trade out of that pick, and we wont have the same amount of ammo that we have at this exact moment. It would take an absolutely amazing amount of picks to make it happen, but even then it might not be enough. If a team finishes with the first pick it probably means they need a savior at QB and they just got the best college prospect of all time.

And on top of the fact that no one will want to trade out of the pick, we will 100% not be in the top pick. Again, Flo can get 5 wins out of this roster then he will get at least the same next year. It doesnt even require going nuts in free agency. We're going to an XFL roster to a an actual NFL roster this year. The only way this team is in a position to draft Trevor or even get a top 5 pick is to not add a single new player, and play Rosen over Fitz all year.

I also find it hilarious that I've seen people freak out at the thought of trading a single extra 1st or 2 2nds for Tua because we're not just a QB away, but trading two drafts worth of picks is cool for Trevor.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Guys the problem isnt that the Dolphins wouldnt try to get Trevor. But theres absolutely NO ONE that will trade out of that pick, and we wont have the same amount of ammo that we have at this exact moment. It would take an absolutely amazing amount of picks to make it happen, but even then it might not be enough. If a team finishes with the first pick it probably means they need a savior at QB and they just got the best college prospect of all time.

And on top of the fact that no one will want to trade out of the pick, we will 100% not be in the top pick. Again, Flo can get 5 wins out of this roster then he will get at least the same next year. It doesnt even require going nuts in free agency. We're going to an XFL roster to a an actual NFL roster this year. The only way this team is in a position to draft Trevor or even get a top 5 pick is to not add a single new player, and play Rosen over Fitz all year.

I also find it hilarious that I've seen people freak out at the thought of trading a single extra 1st or 2 2nds for Tua because we're not just a QB away, but trading two drafts worth of picks is cool for Trevor.
    every team has a price. to say that whoever holds the #1 pick will not trade out is not true whatsoever. This year Tua was pegged at #1 for almost two years . . . and then BAM! Now he's pegged for potentially the top 5.

I'm not interested in trading valuable draft capital to move up for an oft-injured QB that is coming off of a major injury. So no, any other 1st other than #5, I'm not happy giving up for him.

DET is probably going to overplay their hand and ask for the moon, and most likely no team will bite. Is SD going to give up two drafts worth of 1st rd picks? Let them. Is LV going to give up their two 1sts? Okay. I think DET will use #3, whether they take Tua or not. MIA should not get into a bidding war with anybody for #3.

I stopped reading after you said no one will trade out of #1 with Lawrence in the draft.

Everyone has a price

If their goal is to get Tua at #5 or even at #3 while giving up our first 2nd round pick then I'm fine with that. If it's Tua at that cost, not at all cost, or trade down then you're adding draft capital for next year. Remember, any team taking Tua is wasting a pick, or multiple picks, this year unless it's Miami.

For once Miami has all the leverage. We don't care about 2020 and Tua would like to sit out the season or maybe most of it.
    Det - Need to make a playoff push and have Stafford at a ridiculous cap hit in 2020 with a head coach on the hot seat
    SD - o line is always injured so sticking Tua behind that line is a recipe for disaster
    LV - will have to give up more than their 2 1st rounders for Det to accept that over #5 and Mia's 1st 2nd rounder. Det can still get their man at #5 but could also trade down again adding even more draft capital
    Car - O line sucks as well and just hired a head coach on a 7 yr deal while in the same division as the Saints and Falcons which are much better constructed teams for the short term. Why trade away assets for a qb who will sit for a year?

I don't think I'm missing any other teams, am I?

Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    I stopped reading after you said no one will trade out of #1 with Lawrence in the draft.

Everyone has a price

If their goal is to get Tua at #5 or even at #3 while giving up our first 2nd round pick then I'm fine with that. If it's Tua at that cost, not at all cost, or trade down then you're adding draft capital for next year. Remember, any team taking Tua is wasting a pick, or multiple picks, this year unless it's Miami.

For once Miami has all the leverage. We don't care about 2020 and Tua would like to sit out the season or maybe most of it.
    Det - Need to make a playoff push and have Stafford at a ridiculous cap hit in 2020 with a head coach on the hot seat
    SD - o line is always injured so sticking Tua behind that line is a recipe for disaster
    LV - will have to give up more than their 2 1st rounders for Det to accept that over #5 and Mia's 1st 2nd rounder. Det can still get their man at #5 but could also trade down again adding even more draft capital
    Car - O line sucks as well and just hired a head coach on a 7 yr deal while in the same division as the Saints and Falcons which are much better constructed teams for the short term. Why trade away assets for a qb who will sit for a year?

I don't think I'm missing any other teams, am I?
    I agree with you on the price to move up to #3. I would give them #5 and #39 MAX. If they ask for an additional 1st, I'm hanging up. Even if they ask for a second 2nd rd pick, either this year or 2021, I'm not biting.

I'm willing to sell the farm next year for Lawrence, and maybe there is a team that is willing to do it this year for Tua. I just hope it's not MIA. I honestly think MIA stands pat at #5, and if Tua is there, they probably take him. If not, and they don't want Herbert, I can see them trading back with a team to jump SD for Herbert and loading up again for 2021 (and Lawrence).

Or they could fool everyone and go out and sign Bridgewater or Winston or Mariota and use their draft picks on building the team around one of these QBs.

If you guys want to keep wasting your time on thinking theres even a small chance to get Trevor than go ahead. I just think you're setting yourselves up for disappointment.

Theres been a bit of news concerning two other potential teams for Tua.

Russel Okung of the Chargers is reportedly unsure of the teams direction for the future. The team tried to talk him into it but hes reportedly not happy about it. To me that sounds like they might be going for a quick rebuild. More signs that they might trade up for Tua.

David Tepper, owner of the Panthers, sent out a letter to their fans basically saying they took a bold approach by hiring Rhule and are looking to make bold moves to fix the team. He wants the fans to know that hes doing everything in the hopes of building a long term winner. Basically what Ross said before the tank, just nothing about hopefully not going 3-13. I've said for awhile that I could easily see the Panthers sell off everyone and try to go nuts like we did.

I will continue to push for Lawrence thank you very much . MIA will still be one of the youngest, if not the youngest, team in the NFL next year. Even with FA and this draft, they will probably be last in the AFCE and earn another top 7 pick in the draft. Close enough to #1 to start the conversation about trading up.

Also, with talk that DET is trying to trade Darius Slay, if a team is willing to give up a 1st rd pick for him, does anyone think MIA will internally put Howard on the block if they can get another 1st back?

Next year does have 2 great quarterbacks and I'm sure a few more will make their way into the conversation along the way between now and then.

I would not be trading up for anyone but Burrow in this draft (5,26,39 and something late or next years 2nd pick in the 2nd)

For me if it's not Burrow (which would be a real stretch... although he is wavering on dying a slow death in Cinci) This is the year to really build this team for the future. If you take QB out of the equation this year you fill alot of holes for quite some time.

If we don't go QB this year you could even back out of the 5th and it really gets fun then...yet for this year and for next. Especially if someone is making a big move up (excepting anyone from Boston...no trades with those guys)

People keep wanting to wait till next year to get a QB. This theoretically is the worst the team will be if Flores is the right coach and builds the team right. We will won 5 games and got the 5th pick. You expect us to be worse? If the QBs are so much better than this years than the teams who end up with the 1st or 2nd pick are most likely going to be drafting a QB. Even if it is say the Bengals after picking a QB this draft, I don't expect us to have a top 5 pick again. If Flores is the right man for this job then we will be closer to .500 next year and be picking 10+ most likely. The cost to trade up would go up ALOT from that spot, your talking three 1sts+ at that point.

We have the ammo in this draft to get the guy that we want, you do so and don't look back.

Technically if we wanted too..

We could trade out of 1st this year for extra 1st next year.

Then after draft trade X for another 2021 first.

But we would be kicking the can down the road in Hope's of top 2 teams not needing QB.

Quote Originally Posted by jtownsfine5t View Post
    Technically if we wanted too..

We could trade out of 1st this year for extra 1st next year.

Then after draft trade X for another 2021 first.

But we would be kicking the can down the road in Hope's of top 2 teams not needing QB.
    That's what I've been trying to say. I think Trevor is untouchable, so your best bet is trading up to land Fields. But as Wrench pointed out, theres no guarantee we feel the same way about Fields next year as we do now. And of course there will be other QBs that rise but at that point where do you rank them against guys like Love and Herbert.

If you're in a position to get a guy you like RIGHT NOW then you dont worry about anything else. I also think people are underselling Love and Herbert as prospects. Everyone hates Herbert because he was compared to Tannehill and everyone overlooks the massive struggles Love had around him in 2019.

From Mike Freeman

NFC GM tells me Dolphins are already extremely active in talking with other teams. GM: “They’re shaping up to be among the biggest factors in this draft.”

From Mike Freeman

NFC GM tells me Dolphins are already extremely active in talking with other teams. GM: “They’re shaping up to be among the biggest factors in this draft.”
    and by NFC GM, Freeman probably talked to WSH and DET. teams are going to be hyping the interest in their own picks hoping to create a sellers market. I'm not buying it right. by 'biggest factor', he could be also stating that they could be willing to move down as well.

From Mike Freeman

Yeah, this is pretty easy to see right through this comment made from a NFC GM.

Of course Miami is shaping up to be among the biggest factors int he draft. We have the best draft capitol and won't be using all of our picks.

Tua Tagovailoa mentions that once he gets clearance from his doctors on March 9, he will be full-go.

Tua Tagovailoa says he will hold his own Pro Day on April 9.

Also said the doctors have told him that his hip will be as good as it was before once hes fully recovered. Also mentioned that he could play this year but would be ok with sitting behind a vet if that's what the team wanted.

I'm still in the same boat that I've been all year. Get Tua at all costs.

Page 15 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast