Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    I don't think anyone is going to trade for Rosen with the idea of starting him. I was happy when we traded for Rosen as I thought the risk was worth it, but I think with the way he looked on the Dolphins and how much better Fitzpatrick looked that teams will be looking at Rosen as a backup not a franchise QB.

I am really skeptical of drafting Tua. I feel its more likely he will have a injury riddled career compared to being a franchise QB. I don't think the risk vs reward is worth trading up. I am just glad its not me that needs to make that decision of when, where, and if we should draft Tua.

I'm still a huge Lawrence/Fields guy for 2021. But I also put a 'healthy' Tua in the same tier as them two. The only QB i want in this draft is Tua. If we can't get him, then sell the farm for Lawrence/Fields in 2021.

If DET actually takes Tua, or trades #3 to another team, I'm looking at trading back with a team that wants to jump SD for Herbert and collecting additional picks for 2021.

But I do think Tua, when/if healthy, is a legit franchise QB. I'm just not going to be happy if MIA trades up to 2 or 3 and gives up multiple 1sts for him.

To me it's easy when considering Tua's injuries. Just go ahead and plan for him to miss a full season worth of games due to the hip injury. It looks like the hip will heal but those things just dont go away. So he will miss time at some point.

But when hes in there, I think he'll be one of the best QBs in the league. Theres just no debate for me. The dude will be an absolute stud and make the team a contender.

So even though I am worried about him losing maybe a full season worth of time, I'm cool with being a contender the rest of the time. And with that I am 100% ok with trading whatever it takes, which will be a lot but nothing like past trades that crippled teams.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

The problem with injury prone key players is if you are trying to win a Super Bowl they usually don't get healthier as the year goes on.

Tua may be a great player and when he's on the field may very well make things happen and find a way to put a team on his back and win games.

But you can't do that from the bench and it's tough to do when you are on the field but trying to "play thru it". I get the desperation for a franchise quarterback. I've been a fan since the early 70's so I've been thru it all with this team and would love nothing else than to see the next Marino take over for 20 years. But i really don't want to see them give up all the draft capital we've paid dearly to get to acquire a player that has a Devante Parker like health history (excepting the fact that Devante hasn't even had the MAJOR injury Tua has)

One of my customers is Mike Merriweather who is still connected with the Steelers organization. I was talking to him yesterday and he brought up Tua. I told him I was concerned about his injuries and he said he didnt think Tua injuries was a concern.

If you like tua, which there is literally no reason not to, than his injuries arent going to stop you from drafting him.

But they probably will stop you from trading up a lot for him. Because that would be a career ender for most gms and coaches if the trade failed.

As far as his hip goes, of course all reports are good. There is almost nothing to report at this point though, no one will really know how his health is until after the draft, so i wouldnt take any of the reports too seriously.

Armando just put out a story that talks about what I've been saying for awhile now. Apparently the Dolphins arent locked in on Tua and have injury concerns even outside of the hip. On top of that the team also likes what they've seen from Herbert and think he has multiple fans inside the organization.

But of course, this is also smoke screen season and theres still a lot to happen in the next 2 months.

Theres also reports that the Lions are trying to trade CB Darius Slay. This really helps push them into drafting Okudah.

So much smoke in the NFL and I LOVE IT! lol

- Burrow stating that he has all the leverage in the draft
    - DET possibly moving Slay (targeting Okudah at #3)
    - MIA reporters stating the team may like Herbert over Tua
    - Brady and the Pats not currently negotiating
    - Potential younger QBs being traded/signed in FA (Carr, Mariota, Winston, Bridgewater)

My favorite part of the whole Herbert story is that Armando didnt even report that the Dolphins liked Herbert over Tua. He just said the Dolphins werent solely focused on Tua, have concerns, and do in fact like Herbert.

I've been saying for awhile now that people in the front office still like Herbert. I dont think the Dolphins will look at Herbert as "settling". And the more I think about the trade the more I think that Grier just doesnt like moving up. But it's ridiculous to believe that the team will have Herbert, who multiple reporters have said doesnt seem like the QB type that Flo wants, over Tua.

Rosen was 3x better than herbert in college. Drafting herbert is pretty pointless imo, hes just not good.

Tua has the highest floor (talent-wise) and Herbert has the highest ceiling (talent-wise) imo. I'm not sold on Herbert as a franchise QB, and I'd much rather NOT take a QB rather than reaching for Herbert at #5. But Herbert really has so much potential, and with being coached up, he could be the best of this group. But maybe that's not saying much? If we do take him, its a red-shirt year where he doesn't see the field unless Fitz and Rosen both go down.

And as much as I would like to say that Rosen can potentially be a good QB, its just not showing right now. He is a pure pocket passer that showed he cannot audible at the LOS. Took a ton of sacks. Basically a very poor man's Tannehill.

Part of me is hoping that someone else takes the leap to #3 and takes Tua, because that would make the decision so much easier to trade back from #5 and get additional draft assets to rebuild both lines and be in position to take Lawrence in 2021.

Everyone needs to stop talking about Trevor. It's not going to happen. If Flores couldnt tank with this terrible roster theres no way he can do it with a full offseason with all this money and draft picks. If we cant trade up to get Burrow with 5 firsts and 4 2nds then nothing will convince a team to trade out of Trevor.

And like I've said, I think the team will be completely ok with Herbert. So the idea of passing on a QB wont really be an option.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Everyone needs to stop talking about Trevor. It's not going to happen. If Flores couldnt tank with this terrible roster theres no way he can do it with a full offseason with all this money and draft picks. If we cant trade up to get Burrow with 5 firsts and 4 2nds then nothing will convince a team to trade out of Trevor.

And like I've said, I think the team will be completely ok with Herbert. So the idea of passing on a QB wont really be an option.
    We did a pretty good job of tanking considering 3 of the 4 teams ahead of us in the draft order were on our schedule.
    All teams of the AFC East's 2020 SOS are the 4 hardest in the league.

I don't see Miami just blowing all the cap this year either like the Browns did.

I'm 100% sure if we offered 5 1sts and 4 2nds the Bengals would accept it. Quite frankly every team would accept it unless the team legit only needed a qb to be a Super Bowl contender.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post

Of course its an option. The FO and Ross both see what happens when you settle for a QB in the draft . . . you get another Tannehill. Lawrence is better than any QB in this class right now (Tua's health). If we pass on a QB in this draft then the team WILL BE going hard after Lawrence. It all depends who gets the #1 pick next year. I'm not going to stop pounding the table for Lawrence until I see MIA take a 1st rd QB this year. I have already stated that I would rather build the roster this year and get Lawrence/Fields next year. Grier stated this rebuild will take 2-3 years until we are competitive enough to challenge for a playoff spot. We will not spend $90M in cap this off-season. We will not challenge diddly squat for a playoff position next year. If it takes passing on Herbert to build a competent roster, then so be it.

Page 14 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast