Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by t2a2e9j12 View Post
    https://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2020/ best mock i have seen so far for miami.
    That mock was missing Deandre Swift. I would much rather Swift than Ruggs.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    That mock was missing Deandre Swift. I would much rather Swift than Ruggs.
    I agree 100%

swift goes 119 to falcons. Miami takes Taylor at rb. this draft is very deep at wr and rb though.

Cant go wrong drafting swift or ruggs imo

Quote Originally Posted by t2a2e9j12 View Post
    swift goes 119 to falcons. Miami takes Taylor at rb. this draft is very deep at wr and rb though.
    This draft while it does give the Phins good talent, I donít get the 4 picks at WR? I feel WR happens to be one of the Phins stronger positions at this time.
    I do like Taylor, but he has tons of miles on him and thatís why Iíd rather use multiple picks at RB, especially if heís one of them. RB is definitely a position of need for Miami and like you said itís deep at both positions this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx19 View Post
    This draft while it does give the Phins good talent, I donít get the 4 picks at WR? I feel WR happens to be one of the Phins stronger positions at this time.
    I do like Taylor, but he has tons of miles on him and thatís why Iíd rather use multiple picks at RB, especially if heís one of them. RB is definitely a position of need for Miami and like you said itís deep at both positions this year.
    Parker - often injured (2019 first year he was healthy)
    Wilson - still trying to make way back from injury (may be a cap casualty in off-season)
    P Williams - torn ACL
    J Grant - Injured past two years

So where is our depth exactly? If we're going spread offense, I would LOVE Ruggs or Lamb on this team. We can't trust our group of WRs right now in terms of health, or if some will even be on the team.

If Tua is there at #5, I have no problem taking him. I would never trade up for him. But from even more reports coming out, I think MIA is keying their interest on Herbert for some unknown reason. Maybe its the whole health issue with Tua? Maybe they envision Herbert to be the best of this crop because of his potential and the fact he was in an offense that didn't utilize any of his strengths?

I hope they target at least one OL in the 1st, and possibly in the 2nd as well. I feel like two of our top five picks should be OL. There are really no worth-while edge rushers to take high imo, unless Epenesa somehow drops in the draft, I'd stay away from DE early.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Parker - often injured (2019 first year he was healthy)
    Wilson - still trying to make way back from injury (may be a cap casualty in off-season)
    P Williams - torn ACL
    J Grant - Injured past two years

So where is our depth exactly? If we're going spread offense, I would LOVE Ruggs or Lamb on this team. We can't trust our group of WRs right now in terms of health, or if some will even be on the team.
    You forgot Hurns and Ford. How many backs do the Phins have?
    I never said we were swimming in WR's, but if you think RB is a deeper unit please explain! Because I don't even see a viable #2 back in MIA let alone a starter! I also never said to not go with 2 picks at WR, however FOUR picks at any ONE position(except maybe oline & DB) is a lot when you need to fill many holes!
    Last edited by Maxx19; 01-27-2020 at 02:25 PM.

I'm all for adding another WR, but I think it would be a terrible decision to take one early. I understand the idea of just adding quality players and a guy like Ruggs will be a stud in the league. But the value will be so much better if you target a lineman than trying to find one later on. There will be some good WRs that drop to the 3rd or 4th round. I'd rather capitalize on that then try and find another Michael Dieter in the 3rd.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx19 View Post
    You forgot Hurns and Ford. How many backs do the Phins have?
    I never said we were swimming in WR's, but if you think RB is a deeper unit please explain! Because I don't even see a viable #2 back in MIA let alone a starter! I also never said to not go with 2 picks at WR, however FOUR picks at any ONE position(except maybe oline & DB) is a lot when you need to fill many holes!
    never said RB was deep. I said that our WR group is not strong. Its a nice group, but to say strong? no way. we have something like 14 picks in this draft. picking a couple WR is fine by mean.

Jay Glazer is reporting what many have thought over the past few weeks. The Chargers are moving on from Philip Rivers. Theres obviously a lot that can still happen, as Brady and Teddy may ne available for a team that's already set up to win. But it's going to be crazy to watch what we do about the Panthers and Chargers. Honestly at this point with all the buzz around Herbert and Love I could see both teams jumping us and we get stuck with the 4th option.

Just couldnt lose to the Colts or the Bengals huh.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Jay Glazer is reporting what many have thought over the past few weeks. The Chargers are moving on from Philip Rivers. Theres obviously a lot that can still happen, as Brady and Teddy may ne available for a team that's already set up to win. But it's going to be crazy to watch what we do about the Panthers and Chargers. Honestly at this point with all the buzz around Herbert and Love I could see both teams jumping us and we get stuck with the 4th option.

This was the whole point in getting assists and getting ammo. If we really do fall in love with a QB then you deal up for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    This was the whole point in getting assists and getting ammo. If we really do fall in love with a QB then you deal up for him.
    Oh I 100% agree, I guess it just sucks since we're just right there. Itll hurt like hell if on draft night we see a team hop us by two or three spots.

But you've got so much ammo that you can survive without a few. At this point I dont think itll end up being a monster haul like the RG3 trade or anything like that but who knows. Get your guy no matter what.

But I honestly dont feel like Grier is that type of guy. I'm afraid he wont go for the bold move and will be ok with Love or Herbert. He just seems like the type of guy that wont make a move unless he gets the deal that he wants.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-27-2020 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post

Hey, we tried to give the Bengals the win!

There's going to be a lot of smoke the next couple months on trading up, which teams love the qbs in the draft and which ones don't.

Once the free agency qb carousel settles in we will have a much better idea who who won't need a qb. I'd say the Saints and Patriots are the two teams where the most of the decisions are effected by.

If Brees retires then I would think they resign Teddy B. If Brees decides to return then I can see Teddy heading to SD. If Brady leaves NE he could go to SD or Raiders or somewhere else. If he goes to Raiders then Carr becomes available. If he stays in NE then Raiders may not need a new qb. There isn't too many teams who will be able to sign Winston if he's seriously looking at $30mil a year. Who knows what the Panthers will do with Cam, maybe with a new head coach in Rhule he may want to keep him.

Until free agency starts (legal tampering period) I think there's way too many scenarios that could happen to begin to speculate on teams behind us trading up for a qb.
    Remember there isn't a team who will be able to beat what Miami has to offer. If we fall in love with a qb then I'm pretty sure we will get him. Obviously, it would be ideal if we don't have to trade up for him. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    never said RB was deep. I said that our WR group is not strong. Its a nice group, but to say strong? no way. we have something like 14 picks in this draft. picking a couple WR is fine by mean.
    My actual words were ď Itís one of the Phins STRONGER positionsĒ ! With the lack of talent on this team, IT IS!!! Name a position on this team that is stronger? Maybe linebacker and thatís a stretch.
    I also never said not to go WR man!! Just that RB is definitely more of a need!!
    You also donít know if Gailey is going to run the spread offense here. Heís run many different offenses in his career and is known to mold to the talent on the team. Not force a square peg in a round hole.
    Last edited by Maxx19; 01-27-2020 at 05:46 PM.

Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast