Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 56 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    The lack of no CBA for 21 also allowed teams to use the franchise and transition tag. So like the Cowboys can keep two of their big guys and let less people into the FA pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    The lack of no CBA for 21 also allowed teams to use the franchise and transition tag. So like the Cowboys can keep two of their big guys and let less people into the FA pool.
    So, Do you feel it was even smarter and with more foresight with the Dolphins regime to stock pile all these picks before the new CBA?

I don't think the Dolphins were planning some crazy thing with the CBA. I think they're just being smart with the money and trying to stock pile a bunch of picks.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

A few things from Grier talking at the Senior Bowl that I found interesting and just some other random notes from the past few days:

When asked about run first QB's like Hurts Grier said: ďItís been really effective for some players but itís such a violent game. And you always worry about injuries. Especially if itís your franchise guy. But there are some exciting players. That skill set is for that team, teams that use it, itís springboarded winning. Quarterbacks that can run just add another dimension thatís hard for defenses to account for.Ē

On the topic of hurt QB's, the general feel is of course that the team like Tua but they need to see the medicals first hand obviously. Barry notes in his story today that he would be surprised if the Dolphins first pick isn't one of the top 3 QB's of Love Tua and Herbert. The team was apparently impressed with Love during their interview this week.

So much depth at RB and WR in this class! I'm all for taking 2 backs one each in rounds 2 and 5 and a talented WR on day 3 that slips.
    I also see taking a RB at the end of the 1st, like Wrench said, you get that extra year on the rookie deal. This off-season is going to be so much fun

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    I don't think the Dolphins were planning some crazy thing with the CBA. I think they're just being smart with the money and trying to stock pile a bunch of picks.
    Yeah, maybe it's just perfect timing that the CBA changes when the Phins are rebuilding.

I hate that I'm starting to be ok with Herbert at 5 if it happens.

Btw theres more and more talk that the Lions are interested in a QB at 3. Daniel Jeremiah and Charles Davis both talked about it on the Senior Bowl broadcast. Probably a leverage move but it's something that you cant ignore. They could possibly buy themselves another year if they drafted Tua.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-25-2020 at 05:44 PM.

Give me one of Josh Uche or Bradley Anae in the 2nd round. Perfect prospects if we decide to pass on a DE in the first.

Would anyone trade a 1st to Lions for Stafford?

https://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2020/ best mock i have seen so far for miami.

not likely coming off injury might do conditional picks thought. stafford can be awesome but with injuries a 1st is alot

I'd give #26 for Stafford no problem. A proven QB who is better than people give him credit for. But his cap hit would be tough if we were planning on rebuilding heavily through FA.

Personally, the smoke is going to be thick all the way up through the draft. DET may leak info claiming they want a QB, and if that's the case, let them take Tua at #3. Better them than us trading up for him. Do I want a QB outside Tua at #5? No way. But I'm also not willing to trade an additional 1st to move up two spots. Not happening for me. Besides, I've already hitched my wagon to Lawrence or Fields in 2021 . . . ever since Tua's injury, I've been down his this QB class.

Tua is the only QB I would risk it on at #5. I wouldn't be baited into giving anything good up to move up with DET.

If Tua is not available at 5 them use all picks this year to build a team. Then next year package both firsts and future 1st to get Fields or Lawrence. If anything we could even trade out of the first this year with pick 26 to get a 3rd first for next year

I really dont know what I would do about Stafford if he was available. Dude had a broken back and that doesnt just go away. His peaks are great but I also just dont think hes been very good most of his career. I think hes just one of those QBs that the media says is great but really he just puts up stats.

Personally I would roll with Love or Herbert. You wont be in position for Trevor next year and you have no idea how everyone else will do. Simmons has been good but he could get hurt or struggle too. I feel like both have enough tools to build around if you take the time to develop them.

I am not taking Tua at 5. He is just too much a injury risk.
    Last edited by Plague; 01-26-2020 at 01:41 PM.

Page 10 of 56 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast