Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    So C.K. was full of **** again, and tua ended up doing what was ths only logical move, which was enter the draft...

Nothing surprising here, why did anyone actually believe he would go back, it made no sense?

We get it, Chris slept with your sister or something. You also missed where this weekend he started to turn it around, just like EVERYONE who was reporting that Tua was going back. I even just hear Kiper say on Sportscenter that everyone he was talking to felt like even as late as Friday night that Tua was staying.

I just started to believe that Tua was going to take the year to get healthy so he can go through full workouts with teams. Maybe play a few games in 2020 so he can have a more concrete idea of where hes going. But the risk of him walking out on the field and getting hurt again was just too big for it to make sense.

I've been saying it all year long, but you do whatever it takes to land him. You call the Lions and the Giants and tell them you'll beat any offer they get. I know the Lions love Okudah and Gettlemen has never traded a pick, but you have to be safe.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-06-2020 at 01:38 PM.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    We get it, Chris slept with your sister or something. You also missed where this weekend he started to turn it around, just like EVERYONE who was reporting that Tua was going back. I even just hear Kiper say on Sportscenter that everyone he was talking to felt like even as late as Friday night that Tua was staying.

I just started to believe that Tua was going to take the year to get healthy so he can go through full workouts with teams. Maybe play a few games in 2020 so he can have a more concrete idea of where hes going. But the risk of him walking out on the field and getting hurt again was just too big for it to make sense.

I've been saying it all year long, but you do whatever it takes to land him. You call the Lions and the Giants and tell them you'll beat any offer they get. I know the Lions love Okudah and Gettlemen has never traded a pick, but you have to be safe.
    You don't tell the Lions or Giants you'll beat any offer.

Detroit will only be dropping 2 slots to #5 and Giants 1 spot to #5.
    #5 and probably the Houston 1st rounder will get it done. Only the Raiders and Jags have 2 1sts this year and they will have to give those up + a 2021 1st to move all the way up to #3 or #4. At worst #5 and #18 I'd part with but no more than that.

I honestly don't really see any team being able to take the risk of drafting Tua in the top 5 except for Cincy and Miami. Let a lone trading into the top 5 to take him.

I think WSH may look to trade back, so he may not even make it to #3. If Grier wanted him badly enough . . .

Trade up with WSH = #5 and #18
    Trade up with DET = #5 and #39
    Trade up with NYG = #5 and #70

I would personally take him at #5 if the team felt he was a can't miss franchise QB and believe his health issues won't be a problem moving forward. But I'm also one of the very few that views Lawrence as a better QB and would wait. If they take him at #5, cool. If they trade another 1st to have to outbid another team . . . I'm not digging that.

I like Trevor more but a large part of that is the injury concern obviously. But theres no shot at Trevor next year. Any team that fails that badly wont trade out of the pick. It would take the most unique situation of all time for a team to get the first pick and not have the desire to draft the best QB prospect possibly of all time.

You get Tua no matter what it takes if you think the hip is healthy. Rapaport said the checkup on Saturday was great and everything looks good so far. Obviously theres a lot of tests to come but even Tua said he hopes to play this year which would be incredible. If that's true then dont mess around and hope he falls. You get your guy now and figure out the rest from there.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    So C.K. was full of **** again, and tua ended up doing what was ths only logical move, which was enter the draft...

Nothing surprising here, why did anyone actually believe he would go back, it made no sense?
    AllbrightNFL
    He was seriously considering it.

From what I understand definitive decision came this weekend after medicals came back looking good.
    Allbright was told on twitter "All that talk of him staying was just malignantly insane." and that was his response.

But keep on your hate rant for whatever reason lol.

A good thing is he says the medicals look good and that's huge.

All of them are idiots and anyone who listened to them is too.l

We know who those people are. People who lack commom sense and listen to the word of frauds like ck.

Lmao at being gullible enough to believe flores has staff members who call up ck and give him insider information about what goes on in their building.

LoL

Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    You don't tell the Lions or Giants you'll beat any offer.

Detroit will only be dropping 2 slots to #5 and Giants 1 spot to #5.
    #5 and probably the Houston 1st rounder will get it done. Only the Raiders and Jags have 2 1sts this year and they will have to give those up + a 2021 1st to move all the way up to #3 or #4. At worst #5 and #18 I'd part with but no more than that.

I honestly don't really see any team being able to take the risk of drafting Tua in the top 5 except for Cincy and Miami. Let a lone trading into the top 5 to take him.
    If the hip injury is going to be good enough for us then it will be good enough for other teams. That's what you have to keep in mind with this situation. There are other teams that are looking at Tua and will be willing to give him the time because their HC isnt on the hot seat.

It's going to be interesting man. I just know that if I'm in that position, and I'm about to make the biggest decision in franchise history that I'm not going to play it safe. Do what needs to be done to get him. The chart says the 2nd rounder would be fair value but who knows if there will be a lot of teams bidding.

Tuas injury is a major concern, nothing will change that, no doctors report will change that.

The good thing is its doubtful anyone trades up for him imo. So its possible he falls to us.

And with us sitting on 3 1st rnd picks this year, and 2 next year, no one is in better position to roll dice on him than us.

Lot of other coaches and gms may want him, but theyll be too worried about losing their jobs if they draft him and it fails. I dont think our staff has that worry.

A healthy Tua is better than Burrow, and would be totally in the conversation for #1 pick. But that hip injury is scary, and as a FO and owner, you have to decide if you're willing to pump $30M+ into a kid that may not ever come back to top form and be that franchise QB. I like Tua. I think he would be great on our team, if/when healthy. But I place Okudah and Jeudy in the same tier as him as well. If it comes down to a red-shirt season and then we 'wait and see' on Tua playing in 2021, or grabbing an elite CB or WR that can play, and start, day 1 . . . I'm going for the elite CB or WR right now, and looking at the other QBs' in the draft for potential.

I think Burrow is better than a healthy Tua and would be the #1 pick regardless of Tua's health. he overtook Tua in pretty much every mock before Tua's injury and has just been better every week since that time. he would be in the conversation no doubt for #1 but he wouldn't win

if we didnt go QB at 5 which is very hard to imagine I would want Derrick Brown there even though we desperately need OT and the draft might not have many

I think its crazy to draft Okudah top 5 myself even though he is consistently mocked there. great player but he was getting abused by Higgins. we already have two WRs similar to Higgins

for me right now its
    1. Tua - I think you take the risk and the only other option in my mind at 5 is Jordan Love
    1. Laviska Shenault - I love me some Shenault
    1. I would love to trade down from this pick possibly with the Bears. get both their 2nd rounders and let them get a QB
    Last edited by tunnicliffderek; 01-08-2020 at 06:50 AM.

Antoine Winfield Jr just declared. Flo said his father was his favorite player of all time because of his physicality and Jr is just as good if not better. Hes a guy I would love to snag with the Texans pick.

If a team falls in love with Tua ( Raiders), I hope Grier doesn't bite and offer #5 and one of his 1st's... If they wanted Tua so badly they had the chance to have a top 2 pick... I'd go # and their first 2nd... No more...

I hate the Raiders and I can see them blowing up the draft and themselves for Tua... Thoughts of Gruden and his draft analysis makes me puke...

If talk is a team will make a big move to get Tua, I'd counter with #5, #27 and the Texans 2021 1st for #3 and Lions #35... Not a big fall off from #27 to #35...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

I just dont see anyone making a big move for tua with that injury, way too risky.

If you can trade up for really cheap than maybe a team would do that, otherwise how many gms want to risk that or even have the job stability to make that kind of risk?

For a team like the Dolphins Jags and Chargers, if hes good enough to draft at 5,6 or 9 then hes good enough to trade up for. Or a team like Oakland who has extra ammo that is also thinking long term and wants to eventually replace Carr.

As of right now all of the hip news is good. Obviously it's still super early and teams havent messed with him yet, but everyone is saying things should be good. So if the medical checks out then all it takes is a GM saying he will be who he was before the injury and most Owners will be ok. It's not like most expect much from a rookie anyways.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast