Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 54553545556 LastLast
    Breida is better than Howard

I am looking at Micah Parsons, Brevin Jordan and Ja'Marr Chase next draft

Coming to Miami 2021

Dolphins took the most talented player in the draft. His health being the only question mark. If Tua stays healthy this draft is a huge win.

the LT Austin Jackson will be a beast and possibly the best tackle in the draft 6-foot-5, 322-5.07 time in the 40-yard dash, vertical and broad jumps coming in at 31 and 115 inches respectively. It's the athleticism that catches the scout's eyes when they cut the tape. his nimble feet as a strength for his ability to cover a lot of ground quickly. The youngest tackle in this draft class who had a down year due to a bone marrow transplant to his sister.

The dolphins secondary could be the best in the league in with some time Noah Igbinoghene and Brandon Jones added to what is already here will be amazing.

ROBERT HUNT will be a stud at guard and maybe develop into a solid RT.

RAEKWON DAVIS a solid interior defensive nfl lineman who will add to depth.

SOLOMON KINDLEY will be a solid rotational depth guard.

the 5th round is where the dolphins got the best value and really strengthened there team JASON STROWBRIDGE and CURTIS WEAVER are both steals in the 5th. Trading for breida will be a great rb and make a nice 1-2 pinch with Howard. excellent move.

A long snapper BLAKE FERGUSON has the intangibles and should be solid for years

MALCOLM PERRY Versatility is Perry’s greatest asset. He played quarterback and running back at Navy, racking up 4,359 rushing yards and 40 touchdowns while also throwing for 1,311 yards and 10 touchdowns in limited passing duties. The Dolphins could look at him at both running back and receiver. this info on him is copied didnt watch much navy football.

A very good draft. Tua stays on the bench this year gets 110 percent healthy while ol and weapons develop for next year.

Even though I liked the draft overall, I am concerned at how many players are high upside guys. The coaching staff HAS to knock it out of the park.

And I think Grier and Flores are worried about it too. Flo said after the draft that they "like most of the guys we picked" and Grier mentioned there were a few table slams because of players going right before us.

If I had to guess, they probably liked the idea of Wirfs/Ruiz/Wilson in the first who all went a few picks before us. Of course there's Swift and Dobbins going a few before and maybe Ashtyn Davis going 2 picks before Brandon Jones.

I like this draft but I'm just super worried about all 3 olineman being super raw, but you're not going to find a super polished olineman after the top guys anyways.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 04-26-2020 at 12:50 PM.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Flo said after the draft that they "like most of the guys we picked" and Grier mentioned there were a few table slams because of players going right before us.
    Light those fire's up coach...!!!
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

This draft was ugly in the sense that we completely re-tooled the trenches, which is what we have needed for a decade. We got the icing first with Tua, and then the rest of the draft were the cake ingredients, so to speak.

I know some people dislike the Austin, Hunt, Davis picks . . . but those are the nasties a winning team needs to have in order to succeed. I personally really like those picks and I think Davis is going to shine in our system. He's going to play like a 1st rd talent under Flores. The kid is a beast. I don't think Hunt is going to win the RT spot, but I fully expect him to win the RG spot over Deiter. Deiter and Kindley will be very fine depth at OG. Now we just need to find another swing OT that can back up either OT spot and we're pretty decent.

OL: Jackson-Flowers-Karras-Hunt-Davis . . . thats 100% better than what we had last year.

This draft was really, really good in my opinion. The young kids on the OL should be much improved come 2021 when Tua starts and when we expect to be challenging for the playoffs.

Any of these UDFA OL men promising enough to make the team? I mean Davenport, Pinckney, Isidora and Sutherland don’t really look appealing at the bottom end of our OL.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 04-27-2020 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    Seattle had to cut DJ Fluker and Justin Britt due to cap. Is either worth a look?
    Justin Britt is an ok center but we already signed a vet one. Fluker is meh at best, rather give our young OGs reps.

Sorry Wrench, I changed my message as you were answering my question. I was just thinking out loud that we have Davenport, Pinckney, Isidora and Sutherland at the back end of our OL depth. Wondering if it would make sense replacing them in order to improve it. But yeah I get it, why waste money on extras—unless we’re worrying about injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    Sorry Wrench, I changed my message as you were answering my question. I was just thinking out loud that we have Davenport, Pinckney, Isidora and Sutherland at the back end of our OL depth. Wondering if it would make sense replacing them in order to improve it. But yeah I get it, why waste money on extras—unless we’re worrying about injuries.
    Well we are only going to keep 9 as it is and there are locks in

Austin Jackson, Robert Hunt, Solomon Kindley, Ereck Flowers, Ted Karras, Jesse Davis, Michael Deiter

Only leaves 2 spots. Think the other 7 can fight for them.

I'd bet on Isidora and Calhoun being the final two guys, but I guess it depends on how you feel about them bouncing around on the line. We kinda have a log jam at RG right now.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

So, for anyone who has "the Athletic" subscription and lets' be honest, you all should -- there's an excellent article there about the draft grades on each team, relative to their big board. This board has predicted tons of "diamond in the rough" draft picks, and analyzes each teams draft vs how much draft capital they had to work with.

For those who can't see the article behind the paywall, here's the few tidbits around Miami.

They were ranked 22nd in terms of how they did in acquiring talent vs how many picks they had, relative to the rest of the class. This makes a lot of sense, given Miami reached for a lot of players but still had a lot of draft picks to use as ammo.

Their worst pick (aka biggest reach) was their LS pick (who takes a long snapper early?)
    Their best pick (aka biggest value) was Curtis Weaver

Overall, they were middle of the pack - or a little less, which is what the media has more or less said as well.

My personal take, we should have been at the very top of the curve with this many draft picks. Way too many reaches on players that likely could have been available later but they got the guys they wanted (at any cost), which should be viewed as a win, I guess.

In addition, hitting on Tua and drafting a franchise QB makes this draft a win regardless of the rest of the class. And yes, Tua can bust but he was the right pick at the time and it's hard to say otherwise given what we know right now. I do like the Jackson pick, even though I think he could have been had later (considering Josh Jones dropped to the 3rd round) and I think Noah might end up being a star at CB but again, he was a reach in the first but there was rumors of the Vikings taking him with their next pick, so who knows.

Hunt is one of the best guards in the draft but there wasn't a single interior lineman taken between Hunt and Davis, our next 2nd rounder. There was a TON of 1st round guys available during this draft slot that they missed out on. Davis is another guy who I wasn't very high on and run-stuffing DLs who can't really pressure the QB shouldn't be round 2 picks but I digress. I don't care for the safety all that much either, not when they could have had Xavier McKinney instead and probably still gotten all these players one slot lower. Day 2 was by far the worst day for Miami IMO, they just didn't get good value here and other analysts back this up, almost universally.

So, the grades make sense to me -- a lot of C+ and B- for Miami, which seems about right. I'm just upset because they could have hit a home run. A Jose Bautista, bat flipping, upper deck monster shot home run and they settled for a double in the gap. We'll see how this class turns out but it's hard to be too upset about building the trenches, as that's how you win in this league... I just think those picks could have been pushed out a little bit and we could have gotten better talent in places we reached for later in the draft.
    Last edited by StayOnBoard; 04-28-2020 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    So, for anyone who has "the Athletic" subscription and lets' be honest, you all should -- there's an excellent article there about the draft grades on each team, relative to their big board. This board has predicted tons of "diamond in the rough" draft picks, and analyzes each teams draft vs how much draft capital they had to work with.

For those who can't see the article behind the paywall, here's the few tidbits around Miami.

They were ranked 22nd in terms of how they did in acquiring talent vs how many picks they had, relative to the rest of the class. This makes a lot of sense, given Miami reached for a lot of players but still had a lot of draft picks to use as ammo.

Their worst pick (aka biggest reach) was their LS pick (who takes a long snapper early?)
    Their best pick (aka biggest value) was Curtis Weaver

Overall, they were middle of the pack - or a little less, which is what the media has more or less said as well.

My personal take, we should have been at the very top of the curve with this many draft picks. Way too many reaches on players that likely could have been available later but they got the guys they wanted (at any cost), which should be viewed as a win, I guess.

In addition, hitting on Tua and drafting a franchise QB makes this draft a win regardless of the rest of the class. And yes, Tua can bust but he was the right pick at the time and it's hard to say otherwise given what we know right now. I do like the Jackson pick, even though I think he could have been had later (considering Josh Jones dropped to the 3rd round) and I think Noah might end up being a star at CB but again, he was a reach in the first but there was rumors of the Vikings taking him with their next pick, so who knows.

Hunt is one of the best guards in the draft but there wasn't a single interior lineman taken between Hunt and Davis, our next 2nd rounder. There was a TON of 1st round guys available during this draft slot that they missed out on. Davis is another guy who I wasn't very high on and run-stuffing DLs who can't really pressure the QB shouldn't be round 2 picks but I digress. I don't care for the safety all that much either, not when they could have had Xavier McKinney instead and probably still gotten all these players one slot lower. Day 2 was by far the worst day for Miami IMO, they just didn't get good value here and other analysts back this up, almost universally.

So, the grades make sense to me -- a lot of C+ and B- for Miami, which seems about right. I'm just upset because they could have hit a home run. A Jose Bautista, bat flipping, upper deck monster shot home run and they settled for a double in the gap. We'll see how this class turns out but it's hard to be too upset about building the trenches, as that's how you win in this league... I just think those picks could have been pushed out a little bit and we could have gotten better talent in places we reached for later in the draft.
    The thing with Hunt is that he was listed as the 2nd best OG in the draft, and I bet there was a very good chance if he wasn't taken at #39, he would have been taken before #56. Just because there wasn't one taken in between the two picks doesn't mean he wouldn't have come off the board before #56.

I wish there was a website that literally took rankings from actual scouts currently employed in the NFL. that would give us a whole bunch more info than what is out there.

Like you said, MIA got a decent amount of the guys they wanted, whether analysts think they are reaches or not. Thats whats important.

For instance, I really wanted Blacklock at #39. But he went at #40 instead. Does it mean that Blacklock is going to be better than Hunt? no. but you can tell that Flores and Grier wanted run-stopping at DT, not pass-rushing from the DT spot. So I am 100% good with Davis at #56. I love that the trenches were taken care of. That allows MIA to go fancy in the 2021 draft if they wish with WR, RB, LB . . . whatever works for them.

With baseball references, a walk is as good as a hit. We hit a leadoff HR with Tua and took an early lead, and then kept hitting singles, doubles and walks the rest of the way. We ran the other starting pitcher in the 5th inning (so to speak) due to a high pitch count. And in the end, we won the game imo.

Between the draft and FA, the total complete grade for the off-season is an A- for me.

1. Drafted a franchise QB.
    2. Drafted a potential pro-bowl LT.
    3. Drafted a potential lock-down press-man QB to grow into his game
    4. Signed a legit lock-down CB1 to go with our other CB1. Our secondary had CB1a, CB1b and another CB2.
    5. We got vastly improved both OL and DL through draft and FA.
    6. Signed a workhorse RB, and traded for a speedy RB (but oft-injured)
    7. Gailey at OC will help with the young QBs learning to play in the NFL
    8. Going into 2021 off-season with another large amount of cap space to improve even more.

If anyone told me that these several things would happen between FA and draft this year, I would have taken that 11 out of 10 times, 8 days a week, 25 hours a day.

I think we are getting average reviews of the draft because we didn't take the "Sexy" play makers. I couldn't care less. This seems like a classic Patriots draft, outside of Tua, to me. High character and high potential players. I think the selection of Iggy at the end of the 1st has a lot to do with the 5th year option and the constant ? of X's knees. That's a very understandable concern the front office can have. Say he has issues with his knees again this season, we can cut him post June 1 with about $1.5 mil in dead cap and saving $12 mil.
    Austin Jackson is projected to have the highest potential of the LT's in the class plus he donated bone marrow to his little sister AND he's 20.
    Because this class was very deep at WR other positions were able to fall down the board like Hunt. Hunt was projected to move into the last 1st if he would've been able to participate at the Senior bowl.
    Who cares if we took a long snapper int he 6th round when we have so many picks. There's a history of success in the Ferguson family as long snappers + we had a ton of picks. I would've liked to trade up to select the guys we wanted but it also takes 2 to tango.
    We were interested in trading up for Wirfs with SF but they didn't want to drop back to #18 and miss out on Kinlaw.

This draft was about building the trenches and hopefully our coaching staff will be able to succeed in getting the most out of these young men.

BTW - without taking into account this years draft class I believe we will have about $74mil in cap space next season with the potential to add another $12.5 mil if we move on from Howard and Ogbah.

Overall this wasn't a sexy draft but a draft that was needed.

Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    I think we are getting average reviews of the draft because we didn't take the "Sexy" play makers. I couldn't care less. This seems like a classic Patriots draft, outside of Tua, to me. High character and high potential players. I think the selection of Iggy at the end of the 1st has a lot to do with the 5th year option and the constant ? of X's knees. That's a very understandable concern the front office can have. Say he has issues with his knees again this season, we can cut him post June 1 with about $1.5 mil in dead cap and saving $12 mil.
    Austin Jackson is projected to have the highest potential of the LT's in the class plus he donated bone marrow to his little sister AND he's 20.
    Because this class was very deep at WR other positions were able to fall down the board like Hunt. Hunt was projected to move into the last 1st if he would've been able to participate at the Senior bowl.
    Who cares if we took a long snapper int he 6th round when we have so many picks. There's a history of success in the Ferguson family as long snappers + we had a ton of picks. I would've liked to trade up to select the guys we wanted but it also takes 2 to tango.
    We were interested in trading up for Wirfs with SF but they didn't want to drop back to #18 and miss out on Kinlaw.

This draft was about building the trenches and hopefully our coaching staff will be able to succeed in getting the most out of these young men.

BTW - without taking into account this years draft class I believe we will have about $74mil in cap space next season with the potential to add another $12.5 mil if we move on from Howard and Ogbah.

Overall this wasn't a sexy draft but a draft that was needed.
    Thats exactly it, if your team doesnt draft the "evaluators" favorite players than they knock your draft.

This team had the worst, pass blocking, run blocking in the nfl.

We also had the worst run stopping defense in the nfl.

We also needed a long term franchise qb, and our leading rusher was ryan fitzpatrick.

This roster had MAJOR issues. We addressed all those issues.

In what world is that not a huge win for us? Not to mention adding one of the best cornerbacks in the draft to an already strong cornerback group.

I dunno why people are knocking the long snapper. I bet he has a far better shot at making the roster than 98% of the players drafted after him.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Even though I liked the draft overall, I am concerned at how many players are high upside guys. The coaching staff HAS to knock it out of the park.

And I think Grier and Flores are worried about it too. Flo said after the draft that they "like most of the guys we picked" and Grier mentioned there were a few table slams because of players going right before us.

If I had to guess, they probably liked the idea of Wirfs/Ruiz/Wilson in the first who all went a few picks before us. Of course there's Swift and Dobbins going a few before and maybe Ashtyn Davis going 2 picks before Brandon Jones.

I like this draft but I'm just super worried about all 3 olineman being super raw, but you're not going to find a super polished olineman after the top guys anyways.
    I 100% think the player they pounded the table because they missed him was Edwards-Helaire. I believe they expected him to be on the board still when they took Robert Hunt. I don't think they were after Wirfs or Ruiz. Ruiz shouldn't even have been a 1st rounder. people overhyped him in a weak class at the center position. Wilson also was a huge reach but the Titans had a big need there and weren't picking again for awhile. Hunt is also better than Wilson. Wirfs was the weakest of the supposed top 4 and is going to get a QB killed his rookie year. I could see them getting mad and pounding the table because Wirfs was the one that fell

Coming to Miami 2021

Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 54553545556 LastLast