Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Doubtful Lions deal Stafford anyways, he's still very good. He was pace for 5k yards 40tds and just 10 ints.

Using one of the late 1sts on a RB isn't a terrible thing to do IMO being you get that extra 5th season, then if they are good tag the next year and you have gotten 6 years out of a back before having to pay him loads of money long term.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

The team just needs to figure out which quarterback fits what they want to do...this draft, or next. Or...trade

I don't believe it's about who is necessarily better as a whole so much as who can do what they need to run the offense, someone the locker room rallies around and a guy that comes up clutch when you need him to put the team on his shoulders. Who is that guy...I don't know.

Burrow probably is the best fit in this draft because I think he can run almost any offense, is clutch and his teammates seem to really want to play for him.

Tua...the injuries just worry me. But has the tangibles and intangibles as well.

Then it's just a crap shoot for who might fit the system. Love, Herbert, Fromm, Eason, Hurts. Maybe one of these guys is a better fit and won't take as much draft capital. We could get who we want and not trade away all the picks to get him because we have a lot of other holes to fill and a bunch of rookie contracts with players making immediate impact sure makes it easier to fill a couple gaps with expensive veterans.

There's always trades for Stafford, Trubisky or Bridgewater if any of those guys fit what the staff wants. Stafford is solid and does great things off the field in Detroit as well. Bridgewater wants to start and has the skillset if it fits what we want and Trubisky could be a Tannehill. A horrible line and playbook that hasn't fit him. He could be had comparably cheap I would think and a change of scenery could jump start him if he fits what we want to do. Leaving picks and money over the next couple years to protect and find a running game.

If they love Tua and aren't afraid of the injury, and injury history, I would take him at 5.

If the injury scares them I have no problem using the draft capital to go make the Bengals an offer to get Burrow.

Otherwise if one of the picks or vets really fits what I want more than those 2...I use later round picks for my QB thru trade or draft and go
    5. BPA
    18. OL or DE
    26. BPA
    39. best of the 4 RB's...someone should still be there
    56. BPA
    70 and beyond trade... them around at will or use for any remaining value left on the board

We have 2 1st and 2 2nd round picks next year to go get a quarterback if we need to, plus we have lots of cash to fill some vacancies with vets

I would like to see QB, OL, DE, RB and BPA in the first 5 picks (hoping BPA is a CB, S or another OL)

If the QB that they really like isn't named Burrow i wouldn't reach. If Tua isn't there at 5 if that's their pick, with the injury history (even with a clean bill of health) I'm okay with that. I'm not for giving away another high pick to move up to get a guy with a history of injuries regardless of what the doctors say (we've been burned too many times on both sides of the doctors opinion thing BREES)

After a solid draft...Fill out the OL with veterans thru free agency and probably someone for the secondary.

Coach 'em up and work out the kinks and get some chemistry or see where things aren't working in 2020/2021 and win the division with a team built to compete for years after that.

For all we know chan was hired to help rosen succeed.

Rosen did run the spread in high school and part of college.

Youíre right. The Dolphins dont let any news out of their building.
    I personally would not give up a ton to move up the draft board. No one has the draft capital the Phins have, so hopefully they donít out bid themselves to move up if they want to.
    I would love Simmons, Okudah or the top OT left at 5.

i hope we don't Reach for no Qb

NO hunger Foul
    Highest scoring points
    regular season Champ
    2012 PSD Fantasy football Champion

No Hunger Foul
    2x Def-con1 Squad Champion(1000$ League)
    Highest scoring points
    2011 and 2012 Champion

I think Detroit should go Tua so it wouldn't be surprising to me if they did shop Stafford but probably not until next season

With 3 Firsts, 2 Seconds and a 3rd this year
    along with 2 Firsts, 2 Seconds and a 3rd next year

If we give up trade capital to get a QB this year while holding the #5 pick he better play for us for 15 years plus, and look like the second coming of Marino

Making zero mistake that we put ourselves in the 5 slot instead of higher, knowing full well it could cost us dearly. With 2 more losses we would have picked #2 and this wouldn't even be a discussion unless Burrow was the target. Did the 2 wins feel good enough for a couple weeks to take the sting out for this draft and the possibility that we give up picks to get the guy we could and should have easily had?

We can't even tank right for the rebuild.

Gonna be pretty upset if we reach and trade for a QB when we have so many great picks over the next 2 years and plenty of cap to really make us a perennial winner like we were from 1970 till 2005 barring a handful of those years (out of 35 frickin years). If we trade up he better be durable and really really special for a long time and we better surround him with a great supporting cast on both sides of the ball.

Tired of excuses and BS when we keep shooting ourselves in the foot.

We have so many picks and so much money that we can trade a few picks to move up and get a guy we really think can be a top 10 QB.

I've seen so many people talk about how we didn't need to tank to rebuild the team. We acquired all these assets so we can do absolutely anything that we wanted that we felt like could build the winner. If you told me we had to trade Minkah and our first pick to get Tua before the season started I would have jumped on it. Seriously if we can't rebuild this team with 100mil this year and all these draft picks just because we have to give up 2 or 3 picks then we have a bigger issue than having to trade up.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Something to keep in mind is with no new CBA agreement yet there might not be any cap rollover from the end of the 2020 season to 2021 season. I feel like this needs to be cleared up ASAP by the league so teams know if they need to use up as much cap as possible if they so choose.

If there isn't a rollover of cap next year then 1 idea of trading up without having to trade picks is swapping #5 with the Skins for #2 and Alex Smith's contract and maybe a 2nd in 2021. Basically we'd be buying the the trade up at a cost of cap hits for 2020 $21.4 mil 2021 $24.4mil and 2022 $26.4mil.

Just a thought since they already have a decent lookign qb on a rookie deal in Haskins. This would be an alternative route to getting our qb while not giving up picks but chewing up $20 mil in cap space.

Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    Something to keep in mind is with no new CBA agreement yet there might not be any cap rollover from the end of the 2020 season to 2021 season. I feel like this needs to be cleared up ASAP by the league so teams know if they need to use up as much cap as possible if they so choose.

If there isn't a rollover of cap next year then 1 idea of trading up without having to trade picks is swapping #5 with the Skins for #2 and Alex Smith's contract and maybe a 2nd in 2021. Basically we'd be buying the the trade up at a cost of cap hits for 2020 $21.4 mil 2021 $24.4mil and 2022 $26.4mil.

Just a thought since they already have a decent lookign qb on a rookie deal in Haskins. This would be an alternative route to getting our qb while not giving up picks but chewing up $20 mil in cap space.
    I agree that is should be a high concern to this FO, especially with all of the cap they have. I'd have zero problem taking on Smith's contract at this time, but i don't think WSH does it. They will have the opportunity to take a game-changing, franchise DE . . . they are staying put.

I'm not worried about Tua. I think he will be there at #5. I think that Simmons is going to blow-up the combine and DET will end up staying put at #3 to take him. I also think that Herbert is going to do great at the senior bowl and his stock will jump as well, making NYG the team to trade with at #4. Do we trade up with NYG to make sure SD or OAK don't try to jump us for Tua? maybe. send them #5 and #70 for #4 and #100 and call it a day to ensure you get the player you covet (whether its Tua, Herbert, etc.)

Now another scenario . . . what if a team jumps us and drafts Tua. Do we stay at #5? or do we look to trade back and gift the next best QB to a QB needy team? So if SD jumps us with NYG, do we look to trade back with, say, OAK for them to jump CAR?

Also, what are thoughts on Rosen running in Gailey's system? think he has a chance to turn it around with this easier spread offense?

Senior Bowl started today. Not much to really talk about honestly
    Jordan Love admitted that hes meeting with the Dolphins and Herbert declined to say who hes meeting with. Both were obviously the best QBs on the field and made plenty of "wow" throws.

Mike Garrafalo also reported on NLFN today that the feel is that the Dolphins didnt acquire all of these picks to trade them away. This was in regards to moving to #1 for Burrow but could be the same view they have for moving to #3. There was also Omar talking today about how the general feel around the Senior Bowl is that the Lions might actually be interested in a QB and that most dont think Tua falls to #5.

I really just want these next few months to be done because I'm already exhausted with the wait.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-21-2020 at 09:20 PM.

Omar didn't even know half the people at the senior bowl. Saw many people talking about how clueless he was there today, asking "whos that" over and over.

Clancy shot that rumor down quickly being their GM was talking on the radio today how a QB wasn't in the cards and Stafford was their guy. They can't draft a guy anyways they need to win, if anything they would sign one.

That Kinlaw post was amazing. I mean I understand the guy doesnt watch much college but you think he would do just a bit of research.

I dont see Detroit doing it but I still just dont think Tua falls to 5.

Omar is all about click baiting. All this talk about who is drafting who and team needs really doesn't mean to much until FA is over. After holes are filled through FA, then the draft picture will start to clear up. I really hope the Phins don't give up to much capital if they want to move up, would be a mistake I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post

The new CBA is one of the reasons I really liked the contracts Grier gave out this season. They will have much greater value in 2 years.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast