Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    If Watson doesnt play to the same level next year or gets hurt, that's a top 5 pick. The Texans are terrible unless Watson Carrie's them.

They've also shown why having just one elite player on Oline is useless. Watson still got pressured on a consistent basis.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Here's my opinion going in:

1st: QB (Tua) sit behind Fitz & Brady😁
    1st: Best RB available
    1st: OL
    2nd: OL
    2nd: OL
    3rd: Edge
    4th: WR
    Remaining picks draft (DFense).

See I dont understand the idea of drafting a round 1 RB. This draft has a lot of depth at a lot of positions, but the top end talent is lacking in a lot of spots.

You've got 4 legit studs at RB and plenty of other great options after them. I'd rather try and grab an elite level edge like YGM or Chaisson along with an OT like Jackson or Becton. One of the top guys will be there in the 2nd and theres a strong chance one even drops to the Saints pick.

I would legitimately be overjoyed if we draft 3 or 4 players from this game. Simmons has been all over the place, Chaisson has been a monster and looks like Von Miller with his first step, and Edwards-Helaire looks like a young Frank Gore or Brian Westbrook. I have no idea where Patrick Queen is expected to go in the draft but dude has been incredible tonight.

I'm also 100% against Delpit on the team. Dude takes too many terrible angles and makes plenty of business decisions.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-14-2020 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    I would legitimately be overjoyed if we draft 3 or 4 players from this game. Simmons has been all over the place, Chaisson has been a monster and looks like Von Miller with his first step, and Edwards-Helaire looks like a young Frank Gore or Brian Westbrook. I have no idea where Patrick Queen is expected to go in the draft but dude has been incredible tonight.

I'm also 100% against Delpit on the team. Dude takes too many terrible angles and makes plenty of business decisions.
    Ive always thought delpit was overrated, simmons is going to be a hot commodity for every team for sure though.

If Watson doesnt play to the same level next year or gets hurt, that's a top 5 pick. The Texans are terrible unless Watson Carrie's them.

They've also shown why having just one elite player on Oline is useless. Watson still got pressured on a consistent basis.
    He will get hurt for sure. Hes just that type of player who when healthy, you have to capitalize, because it wont last.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    He will get hurt for sure. Hes just that type of player who when healthy, you have to capitalize, because it wont last.
    There is no guarantee any one player will get hurt. Watson has taken his lumps for sure, but he held up pretty good this past season for them. And HOU will probably make OL a priority to help protect their franchise QB (like any smart team would do) . . . so the hypothetical of him getting hurt is really out there. Do I wish ill-will on any player? Nope. Would it hurt my heart if he did get hurt and it sunk HOU 2020 season? Nope lol.

It was still a great trade by Grier. Tunsil didn't get to the pro-bowl by his play, but by how highly reported on the trade from MIA was. I still like Tunsil alot, but seems that Jack Conklin and Ronnie Stanley (both drafted before him) have played better thus far in their careers

I did a little bit more digging on Patrick Queen last night, and I'm getting ready to lock him in with our 2nd round pick. I watched the past few games and dude was everywhere. Have to watch more obviously but Im blown away. I know most people dont think LB is a major concern but I just dont think you have the versatility that Flores wants in that group. A guy like Queen could be the Hightower type role and you make Baker and McMillan more role players.

My super early mock draft would look like:
    5: Tua
    18: Chaisson or Becton
    26: BPA since I dont expect either of those two to still be there
    39: Queen
    56: best Center available
    70: RB Najee Harris or Clyde Edwards-Helaire
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-14-2020 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    There is no guarantee any one player will get hurt. Watson has taken his lumps for sure, but he held up pretty good this past season for them. And HOU will probably make OL a priority to help protect their franchise QB (like any smart team would do) . . . so the hypothetical of him getting hurt is really out there. Do I wish ill-will on any player? Nope. Would it hurt my heart if he did get hurt and it sunk HOU 2020 season? Nope lol.

It was still a great trade by Grier. Tunsil didn't get to the pro-bowl by his play, but by how highly reported on the trade from MIA was. I still like Tunsil alot, but seems that Jack Conklin and Ronnie Stanley (both drafted before him) have played better thus far in their careers
    No guarantee, but odds are against him staying healthy.

Joe Brady is leaving LSU to join the Panthers. I could easily see their team taking a similar approach to Miami's rebuild but with the young talent they do have I wouldnt be surprised if they're aggressive towards getting a QB this year.

Update: Luke Keuchly just announced his retirement too. I'm calling it now this team is gonna go full rebuild this year. Just a matter of do they take their QB this year or next.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-14-2020 at 09:36 PM.

Tua Tagovailoa is expected to be healthy by April and able to participate in a 40-minute throwing session for NFL teams with 60-80 passes ahead of the draft, his agent Leigh Steinberg says

Trade up now. Dont even risk it.

I would certainly make contact with DET and get the ball rolling . . . but I would also call them about Stafford as well. DET may want to start fresh and rebuild as well with a new QB. They may see Tua within the top 3 on their board too. Ask about both the #3 and Stafford, and then have internal discussions about both options. Grier and Ross were in on a Stafford trade just a couple years ago. They may want to revisit, especially if Stafford only costs #26, or two 2nd rd picks.

Either way, MIA has to decide if they are going all in on a QB this year (draft or trade) or waiting until 2021.

Lol Tua's agent is giving Ross an award. I tried not to read too much into the whole sideline thing and Tua saying owners talked to him but this feels obvious now.

See I dont understand the idea of drafting a round 1 RB. This draft has a lot of depth at a lot of positions, but the top end talent is lacking in a lot of spots.

You've got 4 legit studs at RB and plenty of other great options after them. I'd rather try and grab an elite level edge like YGM or Chaisson along with an OT like Jackson or Becton. One of the top guys will be there in the 2nd and theres a strong chance one even drops to the Saints pick.

I don't like the edges in this draft class after Young and Brown. I really want Bud Dupree who is my #1 target in FA. Claisson is all hype with no production. you have Terrell Lewis who is probably the best but he is so injury prone

Queen hasn't had a very good season except for the championship

RB wise I want Etienne or Edwards-Helaire otherwise I wait. they are my top 2 and I have a huge gap after. I don't have 4 studs

I don't think this is the draft to draft edge in R1

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    I would certainly make contact with DET and get the ball rolling . . . but I would also call them about Stafford as well. DET may want to start fresh and rebuild as well with a new QB. They may see Tua within the top 3 on their board too. Ask about both the #3 and Stafford, and then have internal discussions about both options. Grier and Ross were in on a Stafford trade just a couple years ago. They may want to revisit, especially if Stafford only costs #26, or two 2nd rd picks.

Either way, MIA has to decide if they are going all in on a QB this year (draft or trade) or waiting until 2021.
    trading for Stafford would be the dumbest move ever on our part

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast