Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 646545556
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    The thing with Hunt is that he was listed as the 2nd best OG in the draft, and I bet there was a very good chance if he wasn't taken at #39, he would have been taken before #56. Just because there wasn't one taken in between the two picks doesn't mean he wouldn't have come off the board before #56.

I wish there was a website that literally took rankings from actual scouts currently employed in the NFL. that would give us a whole bunch more info than what is out there.

Like you said, MIA got a decent amount of the guys they wanted, whether analysts think they are reaches or not. Thats whats important.

For instance, I really wanted Blacklock at #39. But he went at #40 instead. Does it mean that Blacklock is going to be better than Hunt? no. but you can tell that Flores and Grier wanted run-stopping at DT, not pass-rushing from the DT spot. So I am 100% good with Davis at #56. I love that the trenches were taken care of. That allows MIA to go fancy in the 2021 draft if they wish with WR, RB, LB . . . whatever works for them.

With baseball references, a walk is as good as a hit. We hit a leadoff HR with Tua and took an early lead, and then kept hitting singles, doubles and walks the rest of the way. We ran the other starting pitcher in the 5th inning (so to speak) due to a high pitch count. And in the end, we won the game imo.

Between the draft and FA, the total complete grade for the off-season is an A- for me.

1. Drafted a franchise QB.
    2. Drafted a potential pro-bowl LT.
    3. Drafted a potential lock-down press-man QB to grow into his game
    4. Signed a legit lock-down CB1 to go with our other CB1. Our secondary had CB1a, CB1b and another CB2.
    5. We got vastly improved both OL and DL through draft and FA.
    6. Signed a workhorse RB, and traded for a speedy RB (but oft-injured)
    7. Gailey at OC will help with the young QBs learning to play in the NFL
    8. Going into 2021 off-season with another large amount of cap space to improve even more.

If anyone told me that these several things would happen between FA and draft this year, I would have taken that 11 out of 10 times, 8 days a week, 25 hours a day.
    we did very little to help the RB position. Howard is fine simply because he was cheap but he isn't a good RB. impossible to fill every hole in one offseason and I am fine with that being one they waited on. just thinking about all the talent we added in one offseason and knowing 90% of next offseason is likely going to go to surrounding Tua with talent

Coming to Miami 2021

The grades are obviously post-draft... I'll wait and see how those picks do during the season... A few of those reporters may end up eating crow...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    we did very little to help the RB position. Howard is fine simply because he was cheap but he isn't a good RB. impossible to fill every hole in one offseason and I am fine with that being one they waited on. just thinking about all the talent we added in one offseason and knowing 90% of next offseason is likely going to go to surrounding Tua with talent
    Howard and breida are pretty damn good, a massive improvement from what we had, and a perfect combo, of power and speed, and perfect for our zone run scheme.

Ive always been a huge fan of both players.

I wanted to draft a rb, i always do, but with our young, newly built oline, it makes way more sense to have veteran rbs who know how to identify a blitz.

Let our oline develop and build chemestry this year, with veteran rbs helping out in the backfield.

And hopfully by next year the oline, is ready for tua, and a stud rookie rb.

On paper the plan makes a ton of sense.
    Last edited by TakeAnotherL; 04-29-2020 at 11:18 PM.

I've been enjoying myself the past few days by just throwing on Tua highlights and I still cant believe him.

I also pray to God that we find a way to add Devonta Smith next year. I just cant get over how incredible he was with Tua these past two seasons. I see a faster Reggie Wayne. I know the class is loaded next year but Smith is easily my favorite.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    I've been enjoying myself the past few days by just throwing on Tua highlights and I still cant believe him.

I also pray to God that we find a way to add Devonta Smith next year. I just cant get over how incredible he was with Tua these past two seasons. I see a faster Reggie Wayne. I know the class is loaded next year but Smith is easily my favorite.
    I personally love Chase from LSU. He is going to be dominant at the next level. Ross is a close 2nd. I think he is going to be really good too. I'd put Smith at 3 or 4 for me right now. But he is definitely a top choice should we miss out on my other top two WR.

And if we can get one of Chuba Hubbard or Travis Etienne at RB too . . . goodness gracious

Tua is going to be disgusting for us. He's going to light **** up! I'm not talking about fantasy football numbers, but just winning and controlling games. In 3-4 years, CIN fans will be crying that they didn't take Tua.

my early 2021 Dolphins 2 round Mock

1. Micah Parsons
    1. Jaylen Twyman
    2. Max Borghi
    2. Sage Surratt

Coming to Miami 2021

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Howard and breida are pretty damn good, a massive improvement from what we had, and a perfect combo, of power and speed, and perfect for our zone run scheme.

Ive always been a huge fan of both players.

I wanted to draft a rb, i always do, but with our young, newly built oline, it makes way more sense to have veteran rbs who know how to identify a blitz.

Let our oline develop and build chemestry this year, with veteran rbs helping out in the backfield.

And hopfully by next year the oline, is ready for tua, and a stud rookie rb.

On paper the plan makes a ton of sense.
    Breida is decent. we still have a massive RB need since he is our top back

Coming to Miami 2021

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    Breida is decent. we still have a massive RB need since he is our top back
    An issue for 2021.

Brieda and Howard aren't the long term answers to the RB issue, but they will sure as hell get us through this year. But I think both have good upside as a #2 back for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    I personally love Chase from LSU. He is going to be dominant at the next level. Ross is a close 2nd. I think he is going to be really good too. I'd put Smith at 3 or 4 for me right now. But he is definitely a top choice should we miss out on my other top two WR.

And if we can get one of Chuba Hubbard or Travis Etienne at RB too . . . goodness gracious

Tua is going to be disgusting for us. He's going to light **** up! I'm not talking about fantasy football numbers, but just winning and controlling games. In 3-4 years, CIN fans will be crying that they didn't take Tua.
    You're 100% right on the rankings. Smith is my favorite but Ross and Chase and by far the best in the class. Chase might be the best WR to come out since Odell. The top of the class just looks ridiculous for WRs. I seriously think there's 5 or 6 guys that you could rank higher than any WR in this years class.

I can't wait to spend all season dreaming of Smith and Etienne only to watch them draft another RT and CB next year in the first.

Jeff Ireland said on a conference call today that the Saints had good intel that Miami and the Chiefs would have taken Cesar Ruiz if he was available. They originally planned to trade back, then got this info and decided to pill the trigger.

Jeff Ireland said on a conference call today that the Saints had good intel that Miami and the Chiefs would have taken Cesar Ruiz if he was available. They originally planned to trade back, then got this info and decided to pill the trigger.
    its a shame cause OC is so damn hard to solidify. That would have made the 1st rd an A+. Karras may surprise and continue to show growth in the starting role there.

Eh. I loved Ruiz and wanted him at 26 but I'm not going to lose sleep over it. Theres been plenty of good Cs over the past few years. If we need one next year then sign me up for Creed Humphrey RD 1.

The main reason I wanted Ruiz was that I felt like he was an easy eval. I dont see an All Pro but I saw a guy with a very high floor. The biggest issue I have with our class is the projection for the Olineman. I just have no faith in our team to develop guys, so when I see guys like Hunt and Jackson I get worried. At least with Ruiz I knew this guy wouldn't suck, even if his ceiling wasn't that high.

Eh. I loved Ruiz and wanted him at 26 but I'm not going to lose sleep over it. Theres been plenty of good Cs over the past few years. If we need one next year then sign me up for Creed Humphrey RD 1.

The main reason I wanted Ruiz was that I felt like he was an easy eval. I dont see an All Pro but I saw a guy with a very high floor. The biggest issue I have with our class is the projection for the Olineman. I just have no faith in our team to develop guys, so when I see guys like Hunt and Jackson I get worried. At least with Ruiz I knew this guy wouldn't suck, even if his ceiling wasn't that high.
    The thing with Jackson is that he is only 20, and all analysts and scouts say this kid as pro-bowl LT traits. He needs to be taught to use his length more, but you can't teach his natural physical ability at OT. I agree on Hunt, although I like the pick now (I wanted Blacklock BAD). I think he kicks inside to OG, and the guy is massive and has really nice agility and nimbleness for his size.

I think they will bring these young OL kids along just fine. This year may be a mess, but these OL draft picks were made for 2021 and beyond. I'm super confident in Jackson and Hunt.

really compelling read from an interview with Senior Bowl director Jim Nagy

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...242469241.html

He had great things to say about Jackson, Igbinoghene, Hunt and Jones. Somewhat okay things to say about Tua and Davis. Brings the perspective of why Flores and Grier drafted these kids above others.

Apparently Justyn Ross from Clemson is going to miss the entire 2020 season after getting spinal surgery for an issue he was born with. Theres the potential he won't be able to play ever again.

Absolutely sucks for one of my favorite WR prospects in next years draft.

Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 646545556