Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast
    Man the draft in large part is entertainment for us. ESPN rankings mean absolutley nothing. Tons of first round picks flop of are out of the league after a few years. I rather reach 15 picks on a guy like raekwon davis that flores looked super pumped to take, because he has a gameplan for him and his scheme, than take some other dude espn and mel freaking kiper thought was better. We are drafting for the future and potential and coach ability and development. And we have 15 stabs at these guys. Sticking to their guns and plan. I'm fine with it.

Cushenberry and Hennessey are gone now. Thats really the three Centers I felt like were immediate starters. Still some interesting guys but have to imagine they'll give Karras and Dieter a shot at Center.

As of right now I think the oline looks like Jackson, Flowers, Karras/Dieter followed by a right side of Davis and Hunt in some combo. I think that's a monster oline for the run with potential for the pass. Hunt and Jackson don't look great in the pass on tape but graded out very well so I have hope.

I'd expect a few more picks obviously but it looks like it'll be more for depth. Get me one of the Oregon guys available and I'll be happy.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 04-24-2020 at 10:51 PM.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

We settled for the next tier player every time after Tua. Didn't move up for one of the top four tackles. Missed out on the stud interior oline guy in Ruiz. Took Hunt when there was still a ton of spillover from the first round. Got stuck with Davis after missing out on Epenesa and Gross-Matos. Had opportunities to go get one of the higher tier safeties and took Jones who looks like a huge step down. Didn't capitalize on a single slider either. I think our Luck ran out real quick after Tua but they didn't help themselves either.

Now we have all these late round picks competing for how many roster spots exactly? Rookie cuts are going to be a massacre.
    Last edited by fingerbang; 04-24-2020 at 10:51 PM.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    I'm genuinely curious who you guys would have taken instead of who we took.
    Okay I'll bite

Assuming Tua at 5

And I will only take the players drafted by other teams before we would pick again

18. Ruiz although I would have seriously considered K'Lavon Chaisson

26 assumes the trade so it turns into 30.

30. Yetur Gross-Matos assuming I took Ruiz at 18 which I would have thought was a little reach as well

39. Could have taken a list of players Blacklock, Winfield Jr, Akers, Epenesa, Dobbins
    since I already have an edge because I was only taking players who were taken between our picks (as that signifies other teams had similar values placed on them) that eliminates Epenesa, who I like, so I would have a really hard decision between Dobbins and Winfield...I take Dobbins because of Winfields injury history

56.And the list continues Ezra Cleveland, Uche, or Fulton
    I go line here and get Cleveland

70. decide between Josh Jones, Cushenberry and alot of other players probably still to be picked

So my draft of people that were available at every spot thus far
    5. Tua
    18. Ruiz
    30. Yetur Gross-Matos
    39. JK Dobbins
    56. Ezra Cleveland
    70. Josh Jones... they are only on pick 86 so I would have more choices here but I limited my options by using the criteria of only picking players picked between our picks

If I could have traded into the 2nd day I would have added Epenesa, Blacklock or Winfield to that list if I could have gotten the deal I wanted...with an edge already I would have looked at Winfield probably slightly over Blacklock

[QUOTE=LRizzle;33461790]Man the draft in large part is entertainment for us. ESPN rankings mean absolutley nothing. Tons of first round picks flop of are out of the league after a few years. I rather reach 15 picks on a guy like raekwon davis that flores looked super pumped to take, because he has a gameplan for him and his scheme, than take some other dude espn and mel freaking kiper thought was better. We are drafting for the future and potential and coach ability and development. And we have 15 stabs at these guys. Sticking to their guns and plan. I'm fine with it.[/QUOTE

Good call. I trust the coaching staff. They are drafting young talent that appear to be dedicated according to all the reviews of every player weíve taken. Sometimes you donít draft starters if there is not a starter available to feature system. You draft players that will fit your system. People are forgetting that we have 4 picks in the first two rounds next year where we can draft the center. So we missed the RuiZ who was a late 1st 2 nd rnd center. Oh by the way we signed a center in free Agency for a year. People are acting like this team is one draft away from going to Super Bowl. I remember the same draft board jumping up and down being excited how we trade it up with the Raiders several years ago or that defenses and out of Oregon. How did the pan out? Thatís right it didnít pan out. Just let them pick what they want to pick and letís see how it works. I kind a like where this is going. They are increasing our depth this draft with the pics that they have. And I believeTua is going to work out. Which gives us two first round picks next year to pick a center so you guys stop whining and a tackle. There are receivers every year in the draft and we have a decent receiving team. Why are we gonna draft another receiver, when our line is trash and our entire defense is trash.

Quote Originally Posted by csonka39 View Post

So my draft of people that were available at every spot thus far
    5. Tua
    18. Ruiz
    30. Yetur Gross-Matos
    39. JK Dobbins
    56. Ezra Cleveland
    70. Josh Jones... they are only on pick 86 so I would have more choices here but I limited my options by using the criteria of only picking players picked between our picks

If I could have traded into the 2nd day I would have added Epenesa, Blacklock or Winfield to that list if I could have gotten the deal I wanted...with an edge already I would have looked at Winfield probably slightly over Blacklock
    I loved Ruiz so you've got me there. But you've got two OTs that are just as big of projects as Jackson and Hunt but with far less upside. Both are significantly better run blockers than Cleveland and Jones as well which is a big point of interest for Flo.

YGM is as much as a reach as Noah since both were probably early day 2 guys. I know we as fans still prioritize Edge over Secondary but that's clearly against Flo's motto. Its the New England mold to always invest in versatile secondary guys so I would get used to picks like Noah and Jones. At this point I'd rather have a better secondary than front 7.

And of course Davis is my least favorite pick so far, but he makes sense. High upside to potentially be a monster if we figure him out. But at worst he is a great run defender that can play both 3-4 DE and 4-3 DT. Remember we had one of the worst run defenses in the league last year. Its a MAJOR need.

Our OL got bolstered with a legit LT prospect that is 20 years old. 20! screams potential at LT. I would have loved Ruiz at #26 . . . not sooner. Maybe they view Karras as a potentially good OC capable of handling the position? If he does good, they extend him. If not, they use of their early picks next year on one. Hunt had a 2nd rd grade on him by most analysts, and they took him in the 2nd rd. He is brutally strong, something our OL has lacked the past decade. And again, has a ton of potential. So we draft two high ceiling OL kids that are really, really good in the run game right now, and can only get better in the pass game, and people are crapping their pants over it?

Oh yeah, the coach we all think is going to be really good for us and get the most out of his players and runs a certain type of defense actually gets the guys he wants . . . a top press corner, and strong DT to help stuff the run, and a three year starting S that is super athletic to add leadership and depth to our DB core . . . all actual needs when you look at it, but yeah, eff them cause they didn't pick the players that crappy sites like ESPN or CBS had 'ranked' higher? You know why those guys are at ESPN and CBS and NFLN and not actually working for a NFL team right now? Cause they don't know their *** from their elbow when it comes to actually scouting these guys.

You ever notice that they all seem to follow the same crowd with rankings and thoughts . . . all of the sites rankings seem to be the same . . .they all change them together.

I thought that the team filled a lot of holes with quality players that all have huge upside. I said it before, the team was not going to a Super Bowl in 2020 or 2021. This draft is building the foundation for 2022 and beyond.

We finally have a franchise QB, we finally have a lot of potential on the OL and the secondary, and people still find ways to b***h and moan because we didn't take 'hot names' or 'flash players' that would have gotten a higher grade by some dumb*** TV analysts.

you don't like it, that's cool. I get it. If you can't find the positives behind the players selected in any given year, then you are always going to be disappointed come draft time. Its about building an actual football team, not trying to please people, including myself, that think they now whats better than actual football minds.

I personally like where this team is heading and the draft has been pretty decent so far.

The 3rd round is starting to rap up. So far it feels like we should expect any trade ups so our next pick is 137.

There's still some guys I love available at all the spots people want. WR has guys like Peoples-Jones, Tyler Johnson, Kj Hill. Love Deejay Dallas and Josh Kelly at RB, also keep an eye on James Robinson from Illinois St. Edge unfortunately just lost Alex Highsmith to the Steelers who I loved, but Curtis Weaver and Bradley Anae who whipped Austin Jackson. Theres also a ton of good Olineman left.

Get any of those guys in the 4th and I'm happy.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 04-24-2020 at 11:57 PM.

I will say that I'm curious to see if Flores trades up or trades a pick or two for higher 2021 picks. Because 15 rooks is definitely a lot. But we are clearly building something. We didn't sign anyone in their 30's, all of them 25-28 range. Players that if they fit the mold and grow and work, keep them and they'll be in their prime range with these players we are drafting, if not you move on. Would still like to see an extra 4th rounder or two picked, no need for 9 picks on day 3. At least it starts at noon EST so we won't have to suffer long.

Wouldn't be surprised at all to see us use our top 4 picks next year on a WR/RB/C and BPA on defense. Can't fix everything in one year. Although we were so close to getting ceedee lamb man... wish we had gotten him at 18. That's my biggest damn moment of the draft. So close...
    BRUH

Grier said he might look for trades tomorrow or might just sit tight. I would bet on sitting tight.

I can't wait to see how people feel when we draft another CB or Safety tomorrow. Its going to be amazing.

Its amazing to me how many people are freaking out about not taking a WR. We've got plenty of talent there, and while I want one its clearly not neccessary. If Parker or Williams struggle next year or get hurt you have two first in another loaded draft to get a guy if you need one. Would you want Denzel Mims, or possibly Jamar Chase, Devonte Smith, Waddle or Justyn Ross?

Also got plenty of RBs next year if you miss out.

You can't fix everything overnight when we have so many needs on this team. Fixing the OL is the #1 must after getting Tua. If you can't give him time then picking him was pointless.

Flores is from the Pats where they ran 6-7 DBs more than any of team in the league. Seems Flores want's to do the same but needed more talent there.

I was very high on Hunt and Davis. I had Davis ranked above Epenesa and YGM and said months ago he fit us the most

the FO said they weren't taking a C early months ago. I firmly believed them because 2021 class has Creed Humphrey, we have Karras and this class has late round gems falling because of physicals aka Netane Muti. was no need to take one early

only thing I am weary on is Jackson and missing out on Edwards-Helaire. I am perfectly fine not taking a RB because Clyde was the only one of them I liked. I preferred trading for Fournette over taking any of the others

Coming to Miami 2021

Fournette would 100% be worse than not drafting a single running back.

But holy **** Derrik you made me excited about the possibility of Creed Humphrey next year. I'm game to pass on center and see what we have in Dieter and Karras.

Imagine a first next year of Creed Humphrey and Devonte Smith.

I am looking at James Lynch and Eno Benjamin on day 3. I think Lynch fits us like Davis

Coming to Miami 2021

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Fournette would 100% be worse than not drafting a single running back.
    its worse to overdraft a RB. none of the others had elite traits. I always considered Swift a change of pace back and not a lead back. Taylor is a fumble king and Dobbins is a product of what was around him. Dobbins should be more athletically gifted for as small as he is

Coming to Miami 2021

Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast