Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 35 of 56 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    If we trade up for an OT I'm going to riot.

Literally, first thing I'll need to do is go to Amazon or some place and buy a new keyboard because mine will be smashed to bits.

If we pass on Tua for Herbert... Sadly the same thing will happen. We really should just stand pat and take whoever falls, thankfully we have less than a half day to wait it out but what they do at 5 will go a long way in how the rest of my night will go and how many beers I end up drinking lol.

3&5

Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    If we trade up for an OT I'm going to riot.

Literally, first thing I'll need to do is go to Amazon or some place and buy a new keyboard because mine will be smashed to bits.

If we pass on Tua for Herbert... Sadly the same thing will happen. We really should just stand pat and take whoever falls, thankfully we have less than a half day to wait it out but what they do at 5 will go a long way in how the rest of my night will go and how many beers I end up drinking lol.
    What do you guys think about the dolphins trading 18/26 and a second rounder to the Lions for the third overall pick. They take the top offensive tackle and Tua or Herbert... I hate to give up that last first rounder but that gets us top talent.

HAPPY DRAFT DAY EVERYONE! This should be the most exciting 1st round ever for us Fins fans.

A couple of things and scenarios I've been thinking of the past 24 hours...

Trade up to #3 for a OT? The f?
    -"IF" that is the case then we have 1 rated far above the rest of the group of 4.
    -OR could it be Willis and leave him at RT all while we have plans to trade up from #18 to get Tua IF he's still there around 10? Very risky IF Tua is still rated #2 qb by a decent margin
    -I don't really buy us trading up for an OT when only moving up from #5 to #3.
    -With the Skins, Lions, and Giants willing to trade down the price shouldn't cost too much to trade up for an "OT" maybe the second 2nd or a 3rd..I mean it's 99% likely the Lions still get their man at #5 so they're picking up a free pick.
    -Are we saying OT to keep the price tag of trading up lower than it would be for a qb? I believe so and it would be brilliant

Apparently Schefty said Miami has called Cincy a couple times over the past week about trading up to #1 and the answer has been NO.
    -Are we trying to move up as far as possible to still Get Burrow? I doubt it and I don't think Cincy can risk the backlash of not keeping Burrow.

#5 and #70 for #3 and draft Tua
    #18 and #56 and 2 5ths or #39 for #101 3ish range and draft OT if one of the top 4 are still there (Thomas/Wirfs/Willis/Becton)
    #26 BPA except RB or trade out of the 1st for a 2nd and a 2021 1st

In this scenario we will still have a 2nd rounder left to use and maybe a 2nd if we trade out of #26.

If we take an OT with our 2nd pick in round one and it's say Willis or Wirfs or someone who can play RT then I call Washington to ask about Trent Williams again. The price has come down and it sounds like a 3rd will work. who knows if we are willing to meet Trent's asking price though.

Tua
    Trent Williams
    OT
    BPA/recoup a 2nd rounder we used to trade up for and an extra 2021 1st

I did see someone mention on twitter about the salary cap dropping significantly for the 2021 league year because of the loss of revenue with this BS corona virus. Hopefully Miami is also keeping this in the back of their mind when it comes to $$ next year AND if they are entertaining the Trent Williams option. I think I saw it coudl drop $30 mil if there is a large decrease in sales revenue.

Some of you have mentioned how smart of a businessman Ross is. He's sat back and let the GM not draft a qb for a couple years even though he wanted one. I truly believe this is the year we take one and we are moving up to #3 to take Tua. Everyone can see how marketable Tua is and I believe that is HUGE in Ross's eyes. Tua has the pedigree of a winner in college, playing early and often in his career, poise to come off the bench at halftime to win the Natty as a freshman, great family back ground, and he is well respected by his teammates as a leader. Build a solid o line in front of him and instill in his head it's o k to throw the ball away int he NFL rather than take hits. Brady and Peyton did that their entire career and that's a main reason why they stayed healthy for so long.

SIGN ME THE F UP on Tua at #3

Quote Originally Posted by Fluke77 View Post
    What do you guys think about the dolphins trading 18/26 and a second rounder to the Lions for the third overall pick. They take the top offensive tackle and Tua or Herbert... I hate to give up that last first rounder but that gets us top talent.
    Edit:
    I think you meant Miami keeps #5. Then it's probably ok value but we have so many holes to fill, I don't think I'd do it.

I'm going to mock what I would want to happen, along with a couple things I think will happen.

#5 - QB Tua Tagovailoa - I honestly cannot see MIA bypassing him at this point, especially when their team doctor's cleared him. He is the best QB in this class if he returns to full health.

TRADE #13 (MIA sends #18 & #70)- OT Jedrick Wills - I think he will be the last of the top 4 OT left on the board and MIA pounces to get him as their RT to protect Tua.

#26 - OT Austin Jackson - I'm doubling down on OT, and this kid as some major upside, maybe the best potential in the draft, but will take a couple years to get there.

#39 - DT Ross Blacklock - really amazing value at a position of need. I think he sticks around until this pick. people want RB here, but Howard is only 25 years old and RBs are a dime a dozen. And also I think a good one will be there at #56. speaking of . . .

#56 - RB Jonathan Taylor - A lot of miles on those legs, but a dynamic talent that I think people are underrating because of his bruising style and how many carries he's had in college.

I didn't want to go through rounds 4-7, although I think we are going to see a WR and OL/DL/LB depth taken with alot of those picks.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    I'm going to mock what I would want to happen, along with a couple things I think will happen.

#5 - QB Tua Tagovailoa - I honestly cannot see MIA bypassing him at this point, especially when their team doctor's cleared him. He is the best QB in this class if he returns to full health.

TRADE #13 (MIA sends #18 & #70)- OT Jedrick Wills - I think he will be the last of the top 4 OT left on the board and MIA pounces to get him as their RT to protect Tua.

#26 - OT Austin Jackson - I'm doubling down on OT, and this kid as some major upside, maybe the best potential in the draft, but will take a couple years to get there.

#39 - DT Ross Blacklock - really amazing value at a position of need. I think he sticks around until this pick. people want RB here, but Howard is only 25 years old and RBs are a dime a dozen. And also I think a good one will be there at #56. speaking of . . .

#56 - RB Jonathan Taylor - A lot of miles on those legs, but a dynamic talent that I think people are underrating because of his bruising style and how many carries he's had in college.

I didn't want to go through rounds 4-7, although I think we are going to see a WR and OL/DL/LB depth taken with alot of those picks.
    Only thing I'll say is I have a hard time seeing us not taking a safety throughout the draft process.
    BRUH

Quote Originally Posted by LRizzle View Post
    Only thing I'll say is I have a hard time seeing us not taking a safety throughout the draft process.
    I love McKinney but I think Chinn is going to be a good pro - you'd have to grab him at the top of the second though, if you wanted to make sure you got him and that's where I have Miami picking up their RB of the future.

I really like CeltBruinSoxFan's mock scenario, I would be extremely happy if that's what happened tonight. I would maybe swap Chinn with Blacklock but Blacklock is a fine prospect in his own right and you really can't go wrong there I don't think. He might not even last that long...

I just can't see how anyone could be upset if we came away with two starting tackles, a starting QB, a starting RB, and a starting safety; all after just 2 rounds. That would be incredible.

Another guy I absolutely love at the top of round 2 is Pittman, I think that guy is going to be a star. See, this draft is deep -- we should be figuring out how to get more high picks, not less by trading these away :P

Whats the vibe if we sit at 5, take an OT and just snag the QB that drops? Omar seems to think that we'll pass on Tua and just snag the OT.

And now to add another reason why I need today to be over: there's starting to be rumors that we are back on Herbert.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 04-23-2020 at 12:44 PM.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Whats the vibe if we sit at 5, take an OT and just snag the QB that drops? Omar seems to think that we'll pass on Tua and just snag the OT.

And now to add another reason why I need today to be over: there's starting to be rumors that we are back on Herbert.
    Omar has as much insider information about this draft as I do (aka, nothing).

There's a million things for Miami going on right now. The latest is, they want 3 from the Lions and to keep 5 so they can offer 3 + 5 to Cinci for 1st overall and take Burrows.

Yikes.

So, that's essentially what... 5/18/26/39 + another pick and maybe even a little more?

No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post

Strange draft all around... Announcing from a basement will be interesting...

If the pick is gonna be an OL with the plan that Love is around at 18 it is what it is... Jake Long at #1 turned out 1 winning season for what 5 seasons...??? Hopefully that doesn't ever happen again...

With Brady gone the Pats are all but finished IMO... East is wide open even with Fitz...

If they want Thomas that badly at #3, then I'd be OK with Love and Ruiz to follow... If they can snag Thuney from the Pats then Thomas-Thuney-Karras-Deiter/Ruiz-Davis IMO looks like apretty good line to me, especially for the run game...

Draft a RB day 2 and maybe one of the RB's on the roster pans out behind that line...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    Omar has as much insider information about this draft as I do (aka, nothing).

There's a million things for Miami going on right now. The latest is, they want 3 from the Lions and to keep 5 so they can offer 3 + 5 to Cinci for 1st overall and take Burrows.

Yikes.

So, that's essentially what... 5/18/26/39 + another pick and maybe even a little more?

No thanks.
    You're right on Omar, but this whole process has my anxiety through the roof so every little thing is killing me lol. Peter Schrager is talking about Herbert too and Lance Zierleine had him too.

But I 100% trust Jeff Darlington who is saying its all Tua. He mentions that yes we've made offers to the Bengals, but it never got ridiculous like people are saying now.

I just want tonight to be over.

what I want to happen

5. Tua
    18. Jedrick Wills
    26. Tee Higgins
    39. Clyde Edwards-Helaire
    70. whomever is the highest rated S on the board still

Coming to Miami 2021

I hope the Dolphins dont trade up to 3.

If the Dolphins want a OT move up to 8 to 10 range. You might not get the OT you want but you should still get a top OT and you won't give up as many draft picks.

I like having all the picks...do not wanna trade up unless they can get to #1 but I shutter to think what that would cost

1st Round
    QB of their choosing if they dont think they can get him at 18 at 5 (I hope it's not Tua...too much on the injury history for me)
    A top tier tackle (trade up if necessary to maybe 10 with the Browns might not cost an arm and a leg)
    Ruiz or Cushenberry (end of first or top of second)
    After Young goes early if one of the 3 next edge rushers is still on the board at 26 I would be great with that at 26 too.

2nd Round
    Winfield Jr
    Dobbins or Swift
    Would love to scrape up enough of those mid round picks to get into round 2 or 3 again WR is so deep would love to grab someone who fell especially if Aiyuk is there...I like Pittman Jr too, end of second early third. KJ Hill day 3 if he's there

3rd Round - BPA

If they like Rosen - in the smokescreens of all smokescreens - that would surely allow us to flat out kill this draft and rebuild the "team" Of course if thats the case Rosen himself might even have been fooled

Darlington

Based on my latest convo, my mind is officially blown on potential of what might happen with the Dolphins and I no longer trust anyone and I don't like anyone and I just want this to be done because I now feel like Russell Crowe in a Beautiful Mind and I don't know what's real.

They're really gonna draft a LT at 3, huh.

Page 35 of 56 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast