Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 56 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    I would wait for center until 2021. I don't think any are worth a 1st or 2nd in this class. Karras can hold it down until then. OL is stacked in 2021 draft and free agency and the main problem is OT. feel we need 2 in this draft 1 of which has to come in round 1.

Cleveland is the only OL guy I have going in R1 outside of the top 4

Dugger is my top #1 S but we have Cal coaches so who knows. Winfield and Ashtyn are very tiny

Swift is way overrated. us taking him in R1 would piss me off on the level of us taking Herbert at 5

Coming to Miami 2021

2020 Mock Draft

5 - Jordan Love

*trade down* picked GB. they get a top LB. we gain 2020 3rd

26 - Ezra Cleveland
    30 - Zack Baun
    39 - Lucas Niang
    56 - Clyde Edwards Helaire
    70 - Kyle Dugger
    *trade up from GBs 3rd* - James Lynch

Coming to Miami 2021

This team cannot disregard the OL in their top 6 picks this year. The smartest move is to use 2 of the 6 picks on OL. We NEED a LT in the worst way. I feel good with Karras at OC, but I love what Cesar Ruiz brings in his game. I think he would be a very good pick at #26 or #39.

This team will need to trade up with the #18 pick to get one of the better OTs in this draft. I fully expect them to trade into the top 13 again for an OT. We still need another good DT, a S, and have to get one of these WR in the late 2nd, or 3rd. The depth is just so amazing that we could get a WR with a 2nd rd grade in the 3rd rd.

we don't have ten first and second rounders we can't fill everything.

I fixed OT. finished the front 7 minus NT. fIxed S and RB. after Lynch go BPA

Free Agency - get depth on OL. free agency should be way better at OL in 2021 so getting depth should be easy

Draft - Rondale Moore and Creed Humphrey

Coming to Miami 2021

I would say that the 1 thing that makes me have some faith in our draft is having Marvin Allen in our Office

While I think getting a tackle is important I wouldnt trade up for it.

I am ok with Fitzgerald as our QB for 1 more year.

imo, i'd rather trade #18 & #70 for Andrew Thomas, J Wills or Mekhi Becton rather than settling for Austin Jackson at #18 or #26. While I think Jackson will be a good player (only 20 years old right now), I don't like him as our main option at LT. Its going to be a crap shoot, cause there could be a major run on OT where we are left having to choose Jackson at #18, far earlier than he should be going.

My spot for OT is the moment that Josh Jones is the last one on the board. To me it's a big 5 and Jones is the final one. The moment hes the last one left is when I start looking to trade up. Austin Jackson is someone I could see us drafting but would be one of the few OTs that would make me feel upset.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Id support drafting love pvwr herbet all.day, herbert shows no instincts at all.

I also really.hope we get one of these top wrs, the wr position is at such a premium in todays nfl, we should snatch up one of the studs.

The only way you draft herbert is if you throw all caution to the wind, and let him run as much as possible.
    Last edited by TakeAnotherL; 04-12-2020 at 11:28 PM.

Peter King is reporting that both Grier and Flo are against giving what it would take to trade up to 1 to land Burrow.

He also points out that while Grier was around when the team made the wrong choice on Brees, he was also working for Parcells who of course has always said "the most important part of ability is availability".

So even Peter King doesnt know who we're leaning towards.

Lol now theres reports that the Pat's love Herbert. I've been arguing on other boards that Herbert fits the Pat's recent mold of a QB. So even though many of us, espcially me, feel like he doesnt fit what Flores is looking for, hes been associated to people who would love Herbert.

I've been saying for awhile that Herbert is a more athletic version of Goff and Jimmy G. The type of QB that does everything you ask, and can make all of throws that you need him to in your scheme. A lot of coaches dont think "oh we need a guy who can carry the team by himself." Theyll look at the bigger picture and say I want a good QB but I want a great team first and foremost.

I wouldnt be surprised that even though we saw the Chiefs win over the 49ers in our stadium, that Flores saw that and liked the 49ers much more than he liked the Chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Lol now theres reports that the Pat's love Herbert. I've been arguing on other boards that Herbert fits the Pat's recent mold of a QB. So even though many of us, espcially me, feel like he doesnt fit what Flores is looking for, hes been associated to people who would love Herbert.

I've been saying for awhile that Herbert is a more athletic version of Goff and Jimmy G. The type of QB that does everything you ask, and can make all of throws that you need him to in your scheme. A lot of coaches dont think "oh we need a guy who can carry the team by himself." Theyll look at the bigger picture and say I want a good QB but I want a great team first and foremost.

I wouldnt be surprised that even though we saw the Chiefs win over the 49ers in our stadium, that Flores saw that and liked the 49ers much more than he liked the Chiefs.
    I think this is the long term move for a consistent year after year approach at being a super bowl contender. The key is to not pay your qb top 5 $ when they are only average. If you can get away with paying him in the top 10-15 of qbs in the league for his 2nd deal then you do it. If not you move on.

To be fair, Jimmy G has a monster contract and the 49ers are doing just fine. But they also have one of the best play callers in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    To be fair, Jimmy G has a monster contract and the 49ers are doing just fine. But they also have one of the best play callers in the NFL.
    I'll add to that...with all of their talent on rookie contracts except Sherman and Staley. If you're going to use one end of the spectrum you need to use both ends. Niners are able to do this because they're getting incredible value from players on their rookie deals. That's great drafting and with jimmy g going down the year before being able to nab Bosa. Now, as they players are due new deals they will have to look at the qb position, and if jimmy g isn't progressing then they can move on. If he is progressing they will have a problem on their hands - albeit a good problem to have.

^rookie contracts are huge for teams to compete and make SB runs. SF and KC are the current models (SF - hit on all levels of drafts in the past 3 years; KC has Mahomes on rookie contract)

This is why I don't foresee MIA trading any high draft picks to move up into the top 3 of the draft. Grier knows that if he hits on all three 1st rd picks, he has them for 5 years under great contract terms. Thats why it wouldn't surprise me to see him trade back up into the bottom of the 1st rd using a 2nd and 3rd to get another player for a 5th year option.

Like you said, 5 years down the line it might present a cap space problem, especially if he drafts players that work out tremendously, but a good problem, also like you said.

Thats why keeping Rosen for another couple years is important (young 1st rd QB that can re-create a trade market for himself), refreshing the crop of WR every year as well (allows for the release of higher priced players like Wilson easier).

Page 28 of 56 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast