Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 56 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    ^^^^Nah, I'm not jumping 2 spots to draft a DE. Detroit would probably sprint to the podium but if they didnt I would have no interest in it. Theres already been plenty of reports that the team is reluctant to trade picks and I would hate to do it for a DE.

Worst case if Tua goes before me, I'm 100% ok with Love at 5. I'd understand it if they went with Herbert but Love is the pick to me. Hell, you could probably sell me on the idea of this being plan A over Tua. Even though I'll be ok with trading up for Tua, we are in such a perfect position with all of these picks. Give me QB at 5, OT at 18 then DE at 26. One of the top OTs should be there at 18 and all of these guys would be top OTs any other year. Then snag YGM/Baun/Uche at 26 and I think it's the best draft this team has had in 20 years. Then grab a RB at 39 and an OG/C at 56. I love Tua but it's hard to pass on that draft.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    This is exactly how it should be. This is great news for MIA. either purposely give him the cold shoulder, or they gave him a wink wink, nudge nudge . . .tell the media this and that? Who knows but I think this is a positive note for MIA.
    I like it if its planned. I mean every other smokescreen has been shot down IMMEDIATELY so why not make Tua even doubt that hes the guy. If he starts to think it then maybe Detroit will too.

But if this is just Flo doing the same mental ******** that he did with Stills then it's a massive failure as a coach.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Btw the Redskins interest in a QB is really starting to build up steam. I've said for awhile that Haskins could easily be hit with a Rosen situation. Now Tony Pauline is reporting that the Redskins might look at Philip Rivers in FA.

And of course no one knows for sure right now, but Todd McShay went on a tear today betting Kiper 5grand that Love gets drafted before Herbert. He also very strongly that the Dolphins do NOT want Herbert. It's funny to hear one guy say oh that report is fake but listen to what I have to say because they're telling me the real stuff. But knowing what Flo wants from a QB and how similar Rosen is to Herbert I just dont understand why we would take him.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 02-28-2020 at 10:28 PM.

I know everyone wants to trade to 2-3 for Tua but I want to break bank and give the Bengals an offer too big that they can't refuse it and go get Burrow. even if it took all our 1st rounders in 2020 and 2021 and Rosen idc. I offer what it takes. I think he is Pat Mahomes level special and fits our weapons on offense

Coming to Miami 2021

my top QBs after the combine

1. Burrow
    2. Love
    3. Tua
    4. Herbert

not a big fan of Herbert but not much of anything is after him

Coming to Miami 2021

I am not a fan of the drafts pass rushers so I hope we get that in FA

Coming to Miami 2021

Isaiah Simmons just ran a 4.39 40. Hes basically a bigger version of Julio Jones playing defense. Adam Beasley mentioned the possibility of taking BPA at 5 then trading up to say 8 with the Cardinals to draft Love. If they went for something like this then you should lock in Simmons.

If Tua is gone before MIA picks, or if they don't trade up for him, then Simmons is a legit possibility as both Grier and Flores want to put a focus on drafting defense. We could also see Okudah at #5, which would be fine as well. I'd prefer a trade down for someone that potentially wants Herbert (LV, IND, TB). Simmons is a freak of nature. But I also remember this type of hype over Haason Reddick. Although I think Simmons is a lot better when coming out.

Tunni, couldn't agree more with you regarding the DE in the class. Very underwhelming beyond the top 3-4. But I don't think a ton of talent is going to hit the market in FA either. The LBers this year in the draft are super fast. There was about 15 or so that hit 4.60 or under. MIA could get their pass rush from LBers in the draft too . . .ala NE with Van Noy and Collins, etc.

I still think WSH stays with Young as the pick, and MIA makes the move up to 3 for Tua.

I think free agency is good at DE

my top options are get Burrow which I don't think will happen because of the cost

or

find a way to get Jordan Love and Mekhi Becton

Coming to Miami 2021

I still dont know what to think of jordan love.

Top 10 for a guy who was pretty bad in college seems crazy. Josh allen has sort of worked out and was in a very similar situation, but he looked every bit a mess in the playoffs, that he looked like in college.

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    I think free agency is good at DE

my top options are get Burrow which I don't think will happen because of the cost

or

find a way to get Jordan Love and Mekhi Becton
    I am with you on Burrow...but can't sell the farm for him (I would give alot but not hamstring the team for anyone that hasn't played a down in the NFL yet)

So much gonna happen between now and draft with free agency, combine being dissected and pro days.

Becton likely goes high but would sure be easier in a perfect world to trade out of 5 and get him at 7 and then use that capital and maybe some of our inventory to move up from 18 to get Love if he's our target.

I would really like to see Epenesa or Gross-Matos but neither are likely there for our 3rd pick in the 1st...so probably have to put 26 with something else to get there (at least for Epenesa). I would like a stud RB at 39 so don't wanna give that up although there are a few RB's to pick from and if they are all there after day 1 who knows

Regardless this draft should be exciting for Dolphins fans

Burrow has a phenominal season, my only worry is how good is he with nfl level pressure.

He wont have that top level oline in the nfl.

And thats not to say he cant handle pressure, but its a legit question, he could really get exposed.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    I still dont know what to think of jordan love.

Top 10 for a guy who was pretty bad in college seems crazy. Josh allen has sort of worked out and was in a very similar situation, but he looked every bit a mess in the playoffs, that he looked like in college.
    You're severely underselling how incredible his 2018 tape was. 2019 was rough but I think you can easily sell it off as a QB being pushed to carry an entirely new offense with not a single other player worth drafting. Jordan Palmer mentioned it on a podcast this week, but he lost pretty much every piece of his offense this year and in that lower conference you constantly see coaches just say "go make a play".

To me Love is the same level of prospect as Wentz coming out. I really didnt like Wentz coming out so I understand why some will be turned off. But after watching Tannehill for 7 years and being completely wrong on Rosen, I've adjusted. The best QBs in the league arent just pocket passers that pick you apart little by little. Go and find a guy that has that top level ability and killer instinct and try to develop him to make smarter decisions.

Btw the Tua to Washington rumor is picking ioi p even more. Safid of the Sun Sentinel reported that Rivera told Tua that he wants him to come and compete with Haskins. Theres also multiple people in the building who arent sold on Haskins.

I'm at the point that I'm just preparing myself for Herbert or Love at 5.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    You're severely underselling how incredible his 2018 tape was. 2019 was rough but I think you can easily sell it off as a QB being pushed to carry an entirely new offense with not a single other player worth drafting. Jordan Palmer mentioned it on a podcast this week, but he lost pretty much every piece of his offense this year and in that lower conference you constantly see coaches just say "go make a play".

To me Love is the same level of prospect as Wentz coming out. I really didnt like Wentz coming out so I understand why some will be turned off. But after watching Tannehill for 7 years and being completely wrong on Rosen, I've adjusted. The best QBs in the league arent just pocket passers that pick you apart little by little. Go and find a guy that has that top level ability and killer instinct and try to develop him to make smarter decisions.
    Wentz was a phenominal qb at nd state though.

And i agree love had a terrible team, but mostly all i see is a big arm.

Do you remember logan thomas in college? Hes playing tight end in the nfl, he was even on our roster for a short time.

You cant tell me jordan love looked any more impressive this year than logan thomas did in college.

https://youtu.be/57QIUD9ATOs

I like jordan love, but jist because he can do pat mahomes stuff, dont make him pat mahomes, just like logan thomas in the past.

Antoine Winfield Jr just ran a 4.48 40. Remember that Flo said his father was his favorite player of all time. If we decide against Simmons I'm 100%ok with taking Winfield at 39.

Page 17 of 56 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast