Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    I agree that a RB is the 1st is a luxury pick and is not exactly smart on our part. But if Swift were somehow still there for our first pick in the 2nd rd, I'd take him. We disagree on Stafford though. I think he is an under-rated QB that has played on some piss-poor teams. It wouldn't bother me one bit to have him as our starting QB if he was available and they wanted to make the move.
    Same with WR(luxury), go defense and oline in the first!
    Last edited by Maxx19; 02-04-2020 at 01:09 PM.

if Swift was there in the 2nd I would be good. I just don't want one in the first. I don't value any of them like I did McCaffrey or Barkley. if Etienne would have came out I would have wanted him

Coming to Miami 2021

For those that want Tua, seems there is probably no way around having to trade up for him.

If thats the case, the max I'd do is A: #5 and #39 or B: #5, #56 and MIA 2021 3rd pick.

SD would have to cough up #6, #37 and another pick, and OAK would have to give up #12, #19, and another pick.

I mean, we do have the best assets to give up. I'd just really hate giving up really high assets to move up. But if he is on track to a full recovery . . . he is the best QB in the class when healthy. I guess its worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    For those that want Tua, seems there is probably no way around having to trade up for him.

If thats the case, the max I'd do is A: #5 and #39 or B: #5, #56 and MIA 2021 3rd pick.

SD would have to cough up #6, #37 and another pick, and OAK would have to give up #12, #19, and another pick.

I mean, we do have the best assets to give up. I'd just really hate giving up really high assets to move up. But if he is on track to a full recovery . . . he is the best QB in the class when healthy. I guess its worth it.
    I am with you, Phins have to many holes to get into a bidding war with pretty much just themselves. No team has the draft capital they have in 20/21.
    The Phins can also threaten Detriot(most obvious trade partner) with taking the player they covet at 5(Okudah or...). It also doesn't hurt that the Tua clan wants to be in MIA.

I'm starting to think there arent as many teams into Tua as we once thought, but at the same time I think the bidding starts at 3 2nds. I mean it's literally the exact same trade the Jets made for Darnold.

I'd be willing to do the two 2nds and the Houston 2nd next year to move up. Then try and trade the Houston pick for some extra ammo. Kyle Crabbs posted his mock draft having Miami do just that, then flipping the Houston pick to Arizona for their 2020 2nd and 3rd and a future 2nd. Perfectly ok with me.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    I'm starting to think there arent as many teams into Tua as we once thought, but at the same time I think the bidding starts at 3 2nds. I mean it's literally the exact same trade the Jets made for Darnold.

I'd be willing to do the two 2nds and the Houston 2nd next year to move up. Then try and trade the Houston pick for some extra ammo. Kyle Crabbs posted his mock draft having Miami do just that, then flipping the Houston pick to Arizona for their 2020 2nd and 3rd and a future 2nd. Perfectly ok with me.
    I don't know about the three 2nds. thats a steep price to pay to move up to spots. DET could play their hand wrong and completely blow it, not getting a guy they covet because we could end up taking him too. I'd pass and I'd tell DET that we are going to take either Okudah or Simmons (whichever one NYG doesn't take) and let them drop down to #6, #7 or #12 and pick from our sloppy seconds lol

I'd stand firm with #5 and #39 . . . and if they need an extra sweetener, I'd either throw either in #70, or the higher of MIA/HOU 2021 3rd rd pick.

As some people are saying, do not get into a bidding war against yourself. Give DET the opportunity to eff it up

Again, the trade literally happened 2 years ago when the Jets moved from 6 to 3. Depending on who's bidding of course will drive up the price but it's not going to be just a simple little trade where we dont give up a lot. If we want our QB its gonna hurt.

I'd go #5 and #26 for #3 and #35 for Tua... Point wise the Phins eek out a win with that deal... Even #5 and #18 has less value than #3 and #35...

If Tua stays at #5 and Love drops to #18, I'd Love to make a deal with the Saints if they covet Love... #24 and #88 for #18... I'd Love to have 7 picks within the first 88 slots... In no particular order outside of #5 - QB, OG, C, DE, S, CB, DT... With another year of Fitz, it lets those rookies develop for a year...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    I'd go #5 and #26 for #3 and #35 for Tua... Point wise the Phins eek out a win with that deal... Even #5 and #18 has less value than #3 and #35...

If Tua stays at #5 and Love drops to #18, I'd Love to make a deal with the Saints if they covet Love... #24 and #88 for #18... I'd Love to have 7 picks within the first 88 slots... In no particular order outside of #5 - QB, OG, C, DE, S, CB, DT... With another year of Fitz, it lets those rookies develop for a year...
    Yea that's just not going to happen. The Lions arent just going to flip picks with a team so we can get our franchise QB. Anything involving the QB always raises the price.

The problem I have with talking about potential trades is everyone thinks they can just get one over on the other team. If you want your franchise guy, and truly believe Tua can be that guy, then it's going to take a lot to get him. If the team does make a deal to move up then it's going to hurt when we see it at first because it will involved quite a few picks. But it's not the end of the world as long as you hit on that guy.

I mean everyone's acting like it's the worst thing in the world to trade multiple picks for Tua when we traded a 2nd rounder for a QB who will likely never see the field for the team again.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 02-06-2020 at 11:43 AM.

for me, it all depends how FA goes for this team. If we get 2 OL and a DE or CB, then I'd be feeling better about the possibility of having to trade multiple picks. I want to see this team lock up young guns and make smart transactions in FA.

Giving Thuney or Peat 5-6 years and $13-14M per year? How about Jack Conklin or Daryl Williams at RT? Maybe try to get a couple decent DE instead of a big splash. Grab another pass rushing DT that can possibly play end in 3-4 (Leonard Williams please!)?

FA sets it all up. If they give up two of their 1sts this year to move up to #3, i'm not going to like it until Goodell hands Brian Flores the Lombardi trophy, with Tua standing next to him.

The biggest thing is you have to remember that the team isnt going to compete next year. People have already talked a lot about how the team will be aggressive but wont be big spenders in FA. I'm sure we'll be tied to a lot of names but will probably be outbid. We've got money but Grier doesnt want to be reckless.

So with that in mind, I'm cool with giving up some extra picks for Tua. Dont look at it as we need to get 8 studs in the draft this year so we can win now. Use this offseason to add some good players and build the team but dont force it right away. Then with the draft just get your QB, have him red shirt this year, and try to fix the rest of the holes next offseason. That way Tua walks into a much better situation.

Matt Miller said in his scouting report that everyone he talks to expects Tua to end up as a Dolphin. By everyone, he means every possible NFL source he has either active or former NFL contacts. It's either the worst kept secret or the best smoke screen of all time.

I think everyone has pegged Tua to MIA since last year, and that's all anybody wants to talk about. MIA has done the most homework on Herbert. I can easily see them taking Herbert at #5 if they refuse to pay DETs asking price for #3. Tua is great, but Herbert really has untapped potential as he played in bogus offensive schemes the last couple years.

Smoke everywhere. Grier states he has the assets to move up wherever he wants (although true, total smoke). Grier isn't going to give up a ton of assets. He's scaring teams into believing he's going to trade up. If DET wants a QB at #3, they ain't trading ****.

Yeah, so Tua seems to be on the right track for a full recovery, which sucks, and doesn't suck, depending who you ask. Its great news because if MIA is adamant about drafting him, and trading assets to move up to do so, then they should be getting a healthy QB for 2021. But its also going to cost assets, and nice ones at that, to move up for him.

A common sense trade would be #5, #39 and possibly #70 for #3 and both teams can call it a day.

But because NYJ decided to sell a farm and a half for Darnold, we may be on that same track, which is dumb as all heck. If MIA can get out of it without giving up ANY other 1st rd picks, then we're in a good spot.

Max I would do is #3, #39, #70 and 2021 HOU 2nd rd pick. I am not into giving up any other of our 1sts in either this draft or next draft. But we'll see.

I refuse to think what it would cost for #2 . . . no way. And if for some reason DET doesn't trade back and Tua is still on the board, I'm on the phone to NYG offering #5 and #70 for #4.

Is Tua ever really healthy though? I know it's an SEC schedule and I know he's played through alot of the sprains and whatnot. But that's a really big hip injury regardless of how well he heals. Add all the other "dings" along the way and then put him against NFL defenders every snap and behind even what should be a dramatically improved line. Will he be the same player? Who knows

Not a chance I trade up for him if anyone is close in the scouting reports.

I would trade up for Burrows and only for Burrows, who I am not sure is sold on being a Bengal. If we are giving up assets that we have given up alot for I want as much of a known quantity and you can get in a draft quarterback.

We can fix an awful lot of problems for a long time with what we have in this draft and next. We have Fitz and if he gets destroyed we have Rosen backing him up. There are a couple great prospects next year coming out and we can build the team with this draft and most of next and mortgage the future by sending future 1st and 2nds next year to get our pick there if we have to.

Alot of veteran QB's are or can be available depending on what some of these other teams are looking to do in this draft. I don't want anybody old as a couple year fix. But there's options out there or potentially out there either in free agency or maybe on the cheap thru trade that would let us keep these picks and build a great long term winner and we have the cap space to fill the blanks with solid vets.

Stafford, Carr, maybe Trubisky fits us better than Chicago and depending on where those teams go...

Not a Bridgewater or Mariota fan and certainly don't want an aging QB as we have Fitz to mentor so no need for Brady, Rivers, Flacco, etc. unless you bring them in as a QB coach down the line. Pretty sure Brady or Rivers could run a QB room pretty well.

I still like QB, Edge, OL in first and RB with 1st pick in the 2nd unless someone we like drops out of the first in a position of need (we have alot of that unfortunately...maybe a CB or another OL) and then BPA the rest of the way or pickup more picks for next year, especially if we don't get our QB this year

If we are done with Rosen, maybe package him with a 5th for Trubisky and see if a change of geography is what each needs...and still draft our franchise QB if he's there without trading up.

Page 13 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast