Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx19 View Post
    My actual words were “ It’s one of the Phins STRONGER positions” ! With the lack of talent on this team, IT IS!!! Name a position on this team that is stronger? Maybe linebacker and that’s a stretch.
    I also never said not to go WR man!! Just that RB is definitely more of a need!!
    You also don’t know if Gailey is going to run the spread offense here. He’s run many different offenses in his career and is known to mold to the talent on the team. Not force a square peg in a round hole.
    I'm not arguing with you that one position is stronger than another. in terms of an actual strong offense, our WR group is not that good. maybe for this Phins team, its alright. As for RB . . . . .Mostert, Coleman, Breida and Williams. Those are the RB's that led their teams in rushing and to the SB this year. If you think we have to take a RB early, that's your opinion. It would be a luxury pick, but without an OL, you aren't running anywhere dude. I will puke if we draft a RB before an OL.

I just remembering what Grier said about wanting 3 solid players then 1 great player. Just feels to me like he is not going to package valuable picks to move up. And just let the board fall to him throughout the 1st round.

Quote Originally Posted by jtownsfine5t View Post
    I just remembering what Grier said about wanting 3 solid players then 1 great player. Just feels to me like he is not going to package valuable picks to move up. And just let the board fall to him throughout the 1st round.
    That's what I've been thinking about. I mean honestly the only time I've seen him get aggressive was in 2016 and that was for X and Carroo. Besides that he lets the board fall to him. And I feel pretty confident saying that the team is perfectly ok with Herbert and Love.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    I'm not arguing with you that one position is stronger than another. in terms of an actual strong offense, our WR group is not that good. maybe for this Phins team, its alright. As for RB . . . . .Mostert, Coleman, Breida and Williams. Those are the RB's that led their teams in rushing and to the SB this year. If you think we have to take a RB early, that's your opinion. It would be a luxury pick, but without an OL, you aren't running anywhere dude. I will puke if we draft a RB before an OL.
    Umm...I’d rather go defense, oline and then RB, but thanks for assuming!!
    Your opinion that we need to go WR high is even more of a luxury than RB early would. Especially since the Phins actually have WRs.
    I also stated before that I’d rather use a 2nd and a 5th at RB.
    Last edited by Maxx19; 01-28-2020 at 06:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jtownsfine5t View Post
    I agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    That's what I've been thinking about. I mean honestly the only time I've seen him get aggressive was in 2016 and that was for X and Carroo. Besides that he lets the board fall to him. And I feel pretty confident saying that the team is perfectly ok with Herbert and Love.
    And this makes me okay with Grier not paying a high price to move up to #3. Let some other team sell their farm. Our farm has to be rebuilt, and it starts with all three 1st rd picks this year.

Herbert might actually be the pick at #5 if Tua is gone. I like his arm strength and his sneaky athleticism, and I would be fully behind Herbert, even if I don't personally think he's worth the #5 pick. Love scares the crap out of me. I wouldn't touch him in the top 10.

I can 100% see SD drafting a QB, I can actually see CAR retaining Newton, and I could see OAK drafting Carr some weapons.

Can't wait for FA to start

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    And this makes me okay with Grier not paying a high price to move up to #3. Let some other team sell their farm. Our farm has to be rebuilt, and it starts with all three 1st rd picks this year.

Herbert might actually be the pick at #5 if Tua is gone. I like his arm strength and his sneaky athleticism, and I would be fully behind Herbert, even if I don't personally think he's worth the #5 pick. Love scares the crap out of me. I wouldn't touch him in the top 10.

I can 100% see SD drafting a QB, I can actually see CAR retaining Newton, and I could see OAK drafting Carr some weapons.

Can't wait for FA to start
    You’re right and talking draft is just chatter until FA is over and then teams fill what remaining holes they have via the draft. This offseason is going to be exciting!!

From Andy Slater

Tua wants to get drafted by the Dolphins?

Early Thursday on radio row, @FoxSports640 producer @sdiener86 told Tua’s dad he hopes his son gets taken by Miami.

Tua’s father said “so do we.”

I'm sure this will make its round and then Tuas dad will come out and day we just hope he gets drafted or something like that. But its hilarious at this point at how bad both sides are hiding the connection.

Talking with @leighsteinberg asked his client Tua, and if he wants him to go No. 1 in upcoming #NFLDraft “You want to make sure that your client ends up with a good organization....I’m hoping Cinncy falls in love with Joe Burrow".

Lol Tua is tanking for Miami

I mean its not unimaginable that a rookie QB would want to be drafted by MIA. An owner willing to spend money to win (atleast smarter contracts moving forward)? A coach with a vision and high character? A team with tons of cap space and draft picks to upgrade the team? Not to mention the ability to make more money because of being drafted top 5, and playing in a city with no state income tax.

I kind of hope Tua pulls a power play and tells teams he will not play for them in interviews . . . especially if MIA is dead-set on him at #5, hands down, no questions.

I'm not just saying it because I'm obviously in love with Tua to Miami, but I think if there was going to be a QB nowadays to pull that move I think it would be Tua. And it's not just because I think Tua likes it here, but because of his family. We know how much involvement they have in his decision making, I mean they almost convinced him to leave Alabama if he didnt get play time. But even though they like it in Miami I'm sure they could also be convinced on Carolina and LA.

LA for sure . . . just that much closer to home for him and his family. Every day that passes, I become more convinced that SD will trade up in front of MIA for a QB. I'm just not convinced its going to be for Tua anymore. Herbert has better physical attributes and rocked the crap out of the Senior Bowl. Love is being compared to Mahomes, whom they play twice a year. And Tua, if healthy, is the best QB prospect in this class.

I'm good with taking Tua at #5. I'm okay with taking Herbert at #5. I'd chance taking Love and Eason at #18 or #26, but not #5. I am not on board with trading a valuable asset to move up in the draft. I get it, if the team believes Tua is the QB they want and can lead the team for the next decade, then they will trade what they have to. But as a fan, I'm not digging it one bit.

I wouldn't trade anything for Stafford. Herbert is the last player in this draft that I would want. every QB is an injury risk. Tua injury was a freak accident and his medicals will be back before the draft

I would rather have Ruggs over Swift. I would rather Higgins, Shenault, Reagor, Jeudy, Lamb, or Hamler over Swift

Coming to Miami 2021

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    I wouldn't trade anything for Stafford. Herbert is the last player in this draft that I would want. every QB is an injury risk. Tua injury was a freak accident and his medicals will be back before the draft

I would rather have Ruggs over Swift. I would rather Higgins, Shenault, Reagor, Jeudy, Lamb, or Hamler over Swift
    I agree that a RB is the 1st is a luxury pick and is not exactly smart on our part. But if Swift were somehow still there for our first pick in the 2nd rd, I'd take him. We disagree on Stafford though. I think he is an under-rated QB that has played on some piss-poor teams. It wouldn't bother me one bit to have him as our starting QB if he was available and they wanted to make the move.

Page 12 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast