Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 34 of 56 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    I mean all week the Lions, Redskins and Giants talked about how badly they want to trade back. I mean the Giants even put it out there that they've done a ton of work on Herbert in the hopes that someone jumped us. Now we're supposed to believe that the Dolphins are looking to move up because they want an OT? When Grier has consistently been a GM that loves to sit tight and let the board fall to him? There's no way unless Grier thinks there will be 4 OT's taken in the top 5 and he wants one of the top 2 or 3.

I firmly believe that they're having conversations, but there's no way it's as simple as this. Literally every 2 hours there's a new report and a new target for us. So either the FO is the best at putting up a smokescreen or they're the absolute worst.

The only problem with this thinking is that all of the Tua reports have started coming out the past few days lol.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 04-22-2020 at 03:09 PM.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

and here's more smoke on the Thuney front I mentioned.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/d...ey-per-report/

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Also reports state MIA doctors gave Tua's physical a passing grade. I bet that piece has set MIA talking trade up again.

There is just no justification of trading up for a damn OT. NYG is the only team in front that could take an OT. Unless they are trying to get NYG to move out of #4 to try and stop someone from jumping to #4 for Tua?

Or maybe, just maybe, the Phins really do like Rosen enough to give him another year under Gailey? Maybe their real play is Lawrence in 2021?

Now I'm one worried Phin Fan

#NoTradesUp
    I would be furious.

Though 2nd AND Williams for a bunch of draft picks, so they can take Tua and protect him with Williams has some merit but it just doesn't make any sense with so many other holes to fill.

This is simply smoke... It has to be.

#NoTradeUp
    Last edited by StayOnBoard; 04-22-2020 at 04:11 PM.

I dont think the Dolphins are going to be drafting high enough next year to draft Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I dont think the Dolphins are going to be drafting high enough next year to draft Lawrence.
    100% agree.

Flores wouldn't tank with a bunch of castoffs and players most people never heard of.

I am extremely excited to see what that man can do with a roster with any sort of resemblance of talent.

I don't want Herbert or Love unless they fall out of round one. I'm really not sold on either being better than Rosen. Two tackles and the top center at the end of round one wouldn't bother me at all. If a top rb drops to 39 we might actually have an identity.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Barry is reporting that the Dolphins have discussed getting #3, but not necessarily giving up #5 to do it. Its basically the Dolphisn trying to get a top OT and QB. Peter Schrager yesterday had a mock trade idea of sending 18, 26 and 39 to get #3.

I just don't understand why, unless you truly believe the 1 guy you want is the next HOFer. The Cards, Panthers, Browns and 49ers have all said they'd like to trade back. You could get so much more value making a trade with one of them rather than making a move like this. Call the Cards, say they owe you for the terrible Rosen and KD trades, and send #39 to get one of your guys.

And **** off if you think you can trade up to 3, take the OT the Giants were thinking of taking, only to watch them trade back with LAC and steal Tua.

I've been saying that for months but I've been told that we could easily trade up for him, just like we could easily trade up for Burrow.

Yeah we won't be anywhere near in the running. If we don't fall to about 10-15 range at min of the draft than this entire off-season was a massive fail and we are back and square one. It's about building. We are not going to have enough to deal all the way to #1 to get a deal done. Either the #1 team will take him or the #2 or #3 will give up more than we can to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    100% agree.

Flores wouldn't tank with a bunch of castoffs and players most people never heard of.

I am extremely excited to see what that man can do with a roster with any sort of resemblance of talent.
    I think worst case scenario we get 6 wins this season. I think we will likely be closer to 8 or 9.

Armando

One final thing on the Dolphins-Detroit trade situation. Iíve been told tonight by person familiar with what Lions are thinking that they are making plans for having the No. 5 overall selection tomorrow night ó Miamiís first scheduled pick of the draft tomorrow.

We riot if its for a tackle.

pro sports talk is saying the deal could be the 18th, 26th & 39th for the 3rd.

Hereís the excerpt:

Getty Images
    The Dolphins might not be trying to move up in the draft to take a tackle instead of a quarterback.

They may be trying to take a tackle in addition to a quarterback.

According to Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald, the Dolphins have talked about acquiring the third pick which belongs to the Lions, without necessarily giving up their own fifth overall pick.

Going by a traditional version of the draft value trade chart, the third pick is worth 2,200 points, and the fifth is worth 1,700.

To come up with something resembling value without sacrificing five, the Dolphins would likely have to offer both their remaining firsts (the 18th worth 900 points and the 26th worth 700) and then some to get a deal done. Throwing in the 39th pick (510 points) gets it close.

Not every team uses the same chart though, and there are other models that would suggest giving up 18 and 26 for the third pick is an overpayment.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 04-23-2020 at 12:33 PM.

I have a Giants fan and he sent me articles from NY about how they were negotiating with Miami to swap picks and they'd nab an extra pick. Someone else mentioned a Washington rumor about us sending the 5 and more picks for Trent and 2nd overall. Now a ton of Detroit smoke. The issue with the Fins is that we have a TON of draft picks and legit needs for a starter where a 1st round pick could play right away other than CB. So what this means is, it's incredibly easy to link us to every freakin' trade and every team. Because every team has a player we could feasibly plug into our lineup and since we have so many picks, every scenario works. I've seen mock trades with the Raiders, Jaguars, Lions, you name it.

I'll believe it when I see it. Considering how many holes we have, sending 18, 26, and 39 for Tua and OT ... Tua better be the next Mahomes or else it'll be a massive failure. Like I said. Believe it when I see it. Keep in mind Mando was saying, "yea my sources with Fins". And then his next line is 'Lions are acting as if they have the pick'. So it's freakin Detroit sources? Because why would you take Miami sources to tell you how Detroit front office is behaving?... They're dying to trade out. Probably hoping Chargers bite. I just can't believe it.
    BRUH

As of right now, the rumors are starting to sound like Miami and Detroit have a plan in place and it involves the 5th pick. If that's true then there's no way it's for an OT UNLESS they truly have Love or Herbert ranked close to Tua. But even at that point you're taking a massive risk at one of them dropping to you.

The 18, 26 and 39 rumors came from Peter Schrager run a mock trade yesterday. There's not been a single report actually saying that's what they were looking for.

At this point it feels like Miami tried to make the smokescreen work, but they're getting nervous at the final hour. But holy **** I just can't imagine making a trade up and selecting a ****ing LT. I like a lot of the guys in this draft but if you're essentially passing on a franchise QB for one the dude better be Joe Thomas and you better have one hell of a backup plan for a QB.

The smoke has been there all season long. Their Plan A was Burrow. Plain and simple. Not happening. Their plan B? Watch it be 'Roll with Rosen' and build it up around him the best they can. The way the rumors are flying out there, and if they have OT higher than QB on their big board, then I think the FO and Flores still believe in Rosen. You can say no way. You can say it's stupid. Whatever. The signs right now are everywhere. Not saying I want this to be the case. I honestly want fresh blood at QB to compete with Rosen.

Everybody football and non-football smart know that Herbert will be there at #5. And a pretty good possibility Tua would be there as well. Why would MIA trade up for an OT if they believed those QBs were better than Rosen for the future?

Just saying . . .

Or, they are trying to lower the asking price for Trent Williams. WSH saw what MIA got in the Tunsil deal, and they want some action like that (multiple picks, most likely 2nd rd). MIA may be offering #56, or #70 and a 2021 3rd (all hyperbole, I am just throwing stuff out there) . . . but I guarantee MIA is one of the teams looking into him. They did last year too.

I agree with Kody though . . . . if they trade up for an OT, its time to flip some cars

Page 34 of 56 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast