Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 56 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    The SEC was the weakest it has been in over 10 years though. He had a great season, but clemson and bama were both in their weakest states, particularly defensively, they have been in years.

The SEC was not the SEC its usually hyped up to be, last season.

Again tua was the undeniable best qb last season when he was healthy, not one person would of said burrow was the best qb last year had tua not got injuried.

So its laughable that somehow burrow had the best college qb season of all time, based on a few stats.

When those SEC teams like clemson and bama had their defenses at their strongest, burrow was a nobody. He was a mid round pick, some people had him a late rnd pick.

Thats why im saying, timing and being a 5th year senior may have had a lot to do with his success.
    Uhhh what?

Clemson and Bama where 3rd and 13th in scoring D. Clemson allowed a season high 23 points to Ohio State before they got blown out by Burrow.

Other top 20 teams he faced last season

Georgia 1st
    Florida 7th
    Auburn 17th

Vs those 5 teams he had a combined 23 TDs thrown and 1 INT. They beat 7 top 10 teams last year, I think the old record was like 4 lmao.

It's not based on a "few stats". It's every stat and it isn't close. Does that translate to NFL success? Who knows but he easily had the greatest college QB season ever.

If Tua did not get injured, it would have been a close race for the top QB in the nation. Burrow had a heck of a season, and Tua was neck and neck with him until the injury.

If Tua doesn't get injured, Tua is the QB1 just for the fact that he would have put up consistent numbers in multiple seasons. Burrow broke out in one season, so the one and done magic would frighten me if I were the GM of CIN.

Right now, Burrow is QB1 for all the right reasons. I would never trade up to #1 for him as I'm not sure he is an elite prospect at the QB position. He is very good, but I'm not interested in him at #1 for MIA.

^^^^That's generally how I feel about Burrow. He had the best season of all time but I think Tua is the better prospect. So with the injuries of course you're going to put Burrow higher than Tua. You just have to.

I would be ok with trading for Joe but not with 3 1sts. I think he'll be very good but hes not at that savior level of prospect like Trevor and Tua. If the conversation is 3 for Burrow or 5 and 26 for Tua then I go Tua all day.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    ^^^^That's generally how I feel about Burrow. He had the best season of all time but I think Tua is the better prospect. So with the injuries of course you're going to put Burrow higher than Tua. You just have to.

I would be ok with trading for Joe but not with 3 1sts. I think he'll be very good but hes not at that savior level of prospect like Trevor and Tua. If the conversation is 3 for Burrow or 5 and 26 for Tua then I go Tua all day.
    I'm even hesitant trading two 1sts for Tua. I think the lack of visits will be favorable in terms of Tua potentially dropping to #5. For a GM/HC duo to trade up to #3 for Tua, you are hashing all bets on the kid without properly being able to medically evaluate him. Will LAC really do that? Where it may take #6 and two 2nds? or more? I highly doubt JAC will be trading #9 and then some when they are clearly in a rebuild as well.

I like what is happening on defense for this team. and I may be the only one that thinks this way, but if Tua is not available at #5 for whatever reason, and I personally don't think that neither Love or Herbert deserve that draft slot either (but I'm sure he FO thinks differently), then I am all for Simmons at #5. Hear me out a bit . . .

Tua gets taken at #3 by someone that trades up in front of us (say SD). That takes Tua out of the equation, but also takes another team out of the hunt for Love/Herbert. NYG have holes all over the place, but most glaring is on OL, even a non-NYG fan knows that. So they take the highest rated OL on the board. So that leaves us at #5 with Simmons staring us in the face.

#5 - LB Isaiah Simmons
    #18 - QB Jordan Love/Justin Herbert (i would take either one at 18. Only other teams I could see going for one of them is maybe OAK, possibly JAC, and potentially NE)
    #26 - OT Austin Jackson (Jones goes much higher, and he is the best of the OT available)
    #39 - S Antoine Winfield Jr
    #56 - RB JK Dobbins/Swift/Edwards-Helaire (i think one of these three would be a great pick-up)
    #70 - DT Davon Hamilton/ Khalil Davis

This gives us some hope for offense, and turns our defense from above average into very good, very quickly. Just saying, losing out on Tua wouldn't be a super terrible, although it would be disappointing at this time

Tua already said he's like to sit out his 1st year so why would the Chargers trade up for him?
    Why would Jax trade up for him when they will be awful next year and will be able to position themselves in take T Law or Fields without having to trade up.
    Carolina signed Teddy B to a 3 year deal.

I have no idea who our competition is for Tua.

And no way am I trading 3 firsts to get Burrow.

Hate to give up all the draft capital to move up but I would give 5, 18 and 39 for Burrow. Doubt that's enough to do it but if Burrow doesn't wanna play in Cinci and only Burrow's group and Cinci really know that. Then why would they take him just for a few years when they could fill 3 spots with long term starters that if they work out they could at least have a chance to keep in the fold? Not like that team is really committed to winning so they aren't going to surround him with talent or coaching so they shouldn't mislead themselves by thinking once he gets there he'll love it.

I wouldn't trade up for anyone else

Injuries give me pause on Tua and not really sold on Herbert but both could be what we need. We've done alot of due diligence on both though so I would trust the FO to take them at 5, or pass and go with a Simmons or Wirfs at 5 and then maybe trade up from 18 to get our QB...even if it's Love that they like.

I like a RB in the 2nd (Dobbins would be my choice but especially if we use the 56 that might be too late for him)

Would love Winfield as CeltBruinSox fan had mocked and I think Kody or someone had said much earlier. He has injury issues too but with a second round pick and not being a QB I'm willing to roll the dice on those issues a little more for a ball hawk in the back of the secondary.

Would love to see a real anchor on the line and another stable long term true starter out of this draft.

I expect them to trade out of some of those picks for next year but wouldn't surprise me to see them actually trade up to get guys that they see value in and burn through all the picks to get the guys they want. So long as they aren't special teams guys that we are gonna "develop" or "add size to" I am good with that too

Not necessarily in this order but if we could get starters in these spots out of this draft I would be pretty happy...we have the capital
    QB
    RB
    2 - OL
    Edge
    S

Maybe
    WR, DT or LB or another secondary if the value presents itself WR is so deep this year

We can really remake this team with this draft...

Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    Tua already said he's like to sit out his 1st year so why would the Chargers trade up for him?
    Why would Jax trade up for him when they will be awful next year and will be able to position themselves in take T Law or Fields without having to trade up.
    Carolina signed Teddy B to a 3 year deal.

I have no idea who our competition is for Tua.

And no way am I trading 3 firsts to get Burrow.
    Tua hasnt said anything like that at all. He said the exact opposite at the draft. He said he would be ok with sitting a year if need be but he believes he'll be able to play this year.

So if he can play this year, Tua would be their best option to compete this year considering Lynn is on the hot seat.

Jax has the picks to move up and get the QB of the future this year. We just showed that you can **** up a tank very easily espcially since Minshew has the same big play energy that Fitz has.

The Bears signed Mike Glennon before they traded up for Trubisky. Teddy gives you the chance to be the guy but if not you can easily move him next year. I mean the Jags just got rid of Foles.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Tua hasnt said anything like that at all. He said the exact opposite at the draft. He said he would be ok with sitting a year if need be but he believes he'll be able to play this year.

So if he can play this year, Tua would be their best option to compete this year considering Lynn is on the hot seat.

Jax has the picks to move up and get the QB of the future this year. We just showed that you can **** up a tank very easily espcially since Minshew has the same big play energy that Fitz has.

The Bears signed Mike Glennon before they traded up for Trubisky. Teddy gives you the chance to be the guy but if not you can easily move him next year. I mean the Jags just got rid of Foles.
    Back from Jan. 31, 2020

During yesterday’s visit to PFT Live, Tagovailoa said he’d be fine with either playing immediately or having an internship, though he acknowledged the benefits of watching.

“Well, I’m okay with both, either if I have to go out there and play you know I’m going to go out there play, but you know if I had to sit behind someone I think that’d that’d be I think a lot better for me to,” he said. “You know in a sense where I can learn under someone who’s a veteran, who’s been playing in the NFL you know just understand the game a little bit more. You know before getting thrown into the fire I guess, but yeah there’s no doubt I wouldn’t mind if it was both sides.”

Couple things...

1. You need to take schedules in to consideration when "projecting" tanking. We played the Bengals, Skins, and Giants this past season. Enough said
    2. Car - signed Teddy to a 3 year deal at $20 mil AAV. $10 mil of the $17 mil for 2021 was fully guaranteed at signing. Also signed PJ Walker from XFL. It's only a matter of time until Cam is gone so you're going to invest multiple draft picks in the qb position this year? NOT HAPPENING
    3. Bears - moved up 1 spot to draft Trubisky because Lynch finessed them. So not only did they make 1 mistake by signing Glennon who was awful to begin with but they made a 2nd mistake in trading up for Trubisky.
    4. - Chargers - ehhh maybe I can see them. You kinda talked me in to it with Lynn being on the hot seat.

Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    Back from Jan. 31, 2020

During yesterday’s visit to PFT Live, Tagovailoa said he’d be fine with either playing immediately or having an internship, though he acknowledged the benefits of watching.

“Well, I’m okay with both, either if I have to go out there and play you know I’m going to go out there play, but you know if I had to sit behind someone I think that’d that’d be I think a lot better for me to,” he said. “You know in a sense where I can learn under someone who’s a veteran, who’s been playing in the NFL you know just understand the game a little bit more. You know before getting thrown into the fire I guess, but yeah there’s no doubt I wouldn’t mind if it was both sides.”

Couple things...

1. You need to take schedules in to consideration when "projecting" tanking. We played the Bengals, Skins, and Giants this past season. Enough said
    2. Car - signed Teddy to a 3 year deal at $20 mil AAV. $10 mil of the $17 mil for 2021 was fully guaranteed at signing. Also signed PJ Walker from XFL. It's only a matter of time until Cam is gone so you're going to invest multiple draft picks in the qb position this year? NOT HAPPENING
    3. Bears - moved up 1 spot to draft Trubisky because Lynch finessed them. So not only did they make 1 mistake by signing Glennon who was awful to begin with but they made a 2nd mistake in trading up for Trubisky.
    4. - Chargers - ehhh maybe I can see them. You kinda talked me in to it with Lynn being on the hot seat.
    His quote, it's like he was legit talking to the Phins right there lol.

I don't think anyone is trading up for Tua . . . I really don't. With not being able to visit these kids, and not being able to perform the team's own physical, it's going to be unlikely someone trades up on a hunch in today's game, especially on a kid recovering from a pretty significant hip injury. His agent will spin his physicals in the best possible light, but without being able to look at him closely and examine him directly, I don't think any GM is going to risk giving up multiple 1sts to move up to 3 or 4.

With the teams not being able to conduct a physical on Tua and have their doctors examine him, I actually wouldn't be surprised if he dropped out of the top 10. Personally I see us taking Herbert at 5 because of this reason. I can imagine how pissed will everyone be if we take Herbert at 5 and Tua is still available at 18. lol

My gut feeling is that we Draft Herbert at 5 after the Chargers trade up for Tua. I get the sense Miami likes both QBs and will sit at 5 and take who is left over

If you believe that Flores has bought into Belichicks philosophy then we will be drafting the best player available—-I don’t think Belichick has ever drafted a QB in the 1st Rd. Same can be said about Gailey, I don’t think there was a QB drafted in the 1st Rd in all of the teams Gailey has been HC or OC on( yes, he did have Aikman in Dallas and Elway in Denver but his other teams had Fitzpatrick, Thigpen, and Fiedler—if anything he could have/should have drafted a better QB.

No saying we are not gonna draft a QB, just think we are not gonna trade up for 1.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 03-25-2020 at 09:51 PM.

I too do not see much trade activity into the top 5 for a QB. the chatter will be there, but I think MIA will stay at #5 and take whichever is available in Tua/Herbert at #5. I would love for it to be Tua, cause when healthy, he's the best QB in this draft. Again, I don't think Herbert is good enough to be an elite QB in the league, but I think he can be a good one with the right system, and the spread offense would be the right system for him. Flores and Grier want high IQ, tough, players. Herbert is extremely smart, and is really tough too. Built like a rock at QB.

But I can also see SD trading to 3 or 4 and grabbing Tua, which would leave only a handful of teams in front of MIA picking at #18 that might take the chance on Herbert. Could MIA possibly grab an OT at #5 and then trade back into the top 15 for Herbert? Sure, I could see that. Would rather give a mid to late 1st & 3rd to move up, than give two 1sts and potentially a 2nd to move up to 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Uhhh what?

Clemson and Bama where 3rd and 13th in scoring D. Clemson allowed a season high 23 points to Ohio State before they got blown out by Burrow.

Other top 20 teams he faced last season

Georgia 1st
    Florida 7th
    Auburn 17th

Vs those 5 teams he had a combined 23 TDs thrown and 1 INT. They beat 7 top 10 teams last year, I think the old record was like 4 lmao.

It's not based on a "few stats". It's every stat and it isn't close. Does that translate to NFL success? Who knows but he easily had the greatest college QB season ever.
    beating up on the weak teams, there defenses did ok, but they werent good.

Clemson lost 8 starters to the draft the season before, all who were all defensive players.

Alabamas defense was the worst we have seen since saban has been there.

Page 23 of 56 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast