Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 56 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    beating up on the weak teams, there defenses did ok, but they werent good.

Clemson lost 8 starters to the draft the season before, all who were all defensive players.

Alabamas defense was the worst we have seen since saban has been there.
    Show me where the good teams they faced did good? Ohio State had there lowest point total all year vs them.

They will loose another 4 to the draft this year with one going top 5, that doesn't mean they will be bad. Good college coaches can reload quickly. He had three freshmen playing on that D this year who are gonna be high picks in another year as well most likely.

Bama is gonna have at least 7 guys drafted off that D this year. Even if it was slightly lower than normal (Being number 1) it was still clearly a top 10 D.

So with all of the talk that GMs wanted to delay the draft, and with the lack of medical checkups, I am terrified that Tua will drop to us and we will still take Herbert.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    So with all of the talk that GMs wanted to delay the draft, and with the lack of medical checkups, I am terrified that Tua will drop to us and we will still take Herbert.
    This would be a nightmare scenario. I think MIA has Tua only behind Burrow. I firmly believe this FO is ready to redshirt Tua the whole year, and roll with Fitz and Rosen this season. I said it before, with the lack of medical visits allowed, Tua will be there at #5. No one would argue or blame MIA for taking Tua at #5 in the event he does not work out. When healthy, he is the BEST QB in this draft.

I mean from the outside looking in, I have no idea why they would even consider Herbert. I mean hes the exact opposite of EVERYTHING they've said they want in a QB.

But I also know that Grier so far as GM likes to play it safe. Outside of the low risk injury vet signings, I dont feel like hes really drafted injured players.

I mean from the outside looking in, I have no idea why they would even consider Herbert. I mean hes the exact opposite of EVERYTHING they've said they want in a QB.

But I also know that Grier so far as GM likes to play it safe. Outside of the low risk injury vet signings, I dont feel like hes really drafted injured players.
    Didn't Parker have a foot issue when he was drafted?

Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    Tua already said he's like to sit out his 1st year so why would the Chargers trade up for him?
    Why would Jax trade up for him when they will be awful next year and will be able to position themselves in take T Law or Fields without having to trade up.
    Carolina signed Teddy B to a 3 year deal.

I have no idea who our competition is for Tua.

And no way am I trading 3 firsts to get Burrow.
    Lot of times GM's decisions are based on the idea that another bad season may mean the owner looks a different direction for the GM/Coach positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    If you believe that Flores has bought into Belichicks philosophy then we will be drafting the best player availableó-I donít think Belichick has ever drafted a QB in the 1st Rd. Same can be said about Gailey, I donít think there was a QB drafted in the 1st Rd in all of the teams Gailey has been HC or OC on( yes, he did have Aikman in Dallas and Elway in Denver but his other teams had Fitzpatrick, Thigpen, and Fiedleróif anything he could have/should have drafted a better QB.

No saying we are not gonna draft a QB, just think we are not gonna trade up for 1.
    No reason to draft a QB in the first round when you have Tom Brady.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    No reason to draft a QB in the first round when you have Tom Brady.
    Even with him they still took QBs and some being pretty high

Stidham 4th
    Etling 7th
    Garoppolo 2nd
    Mallett 3rd
    Robinson 7th
    O'Connell 3rd
    Cassel 7th
    Kingsbury 6th
    Davey 4th

That's 3 more than what we have drafted in the same time period.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Even with him they still took QBs and some being pretty high

Stidham 4th
    Etling 7th
    Garoppolo 2nd
    Mallett 3rd
    Robinson 7th
    O'Connell 3rd
    Cassel 7th
    Kingsbury 6th
    Davey 4th

That's 3 more than what we have drafted in the same time period.
    Pretty much every season they have had the liberty of taking BPA because they were just so good. TB should be looking at QB next year, but this year its all about building the team for Brady. There is no way Brady would come to TB knowing they would take a QB in their top 3 picks.

imo SD is the only competition for Tua. And with no medicals or visits at all, as well as Tua's pro day cancelled for 4/9, he will drop to #5

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    Didn't Parker have a foot issue when he was drafted?
    Yes but that was under Hickey. But Grier was a high level part of the FO at that point.

Matt Miller is reporting that multiple teams have Herbert over Tua. The main reason being the injuries of course. In a normal year it might be different but since everyone has to trust a 3rd parties evaluation on his injuries it's just difficult to pick him.

We've got about a month to mentally prepare ourselves for trading up to 2 to draft Herbert.

Matt Miller is reporting that multiple teams have Herbert over Tua. The main reason being the injuries of course. In a normal year it might be different but since everyone has to trust a 3rd parties evaluation on his injuries it's just difficult to pick him.

We've got about a month to mentally prepare ourselves for trading up to 2 to draft Herbert.
    I still think for this very reason, Tua will drop out of the top 10.

Tua Tagovailoa 'fully cleared and ready to compete without any restrictions,' says QB's rep.

Remember this when people wanted to fight me that he wouldnt be available this year. This just gives the Chargers even more reason to take him.

Tua Tagovailoa 'fully cleared and ready to compete without any restrictions,' says QB's rep.

Remember this when people wanted to fight me that he wouldnt be available this year. This just gives the Chargers even more reason to take him.
    This part is key. Not a doctor, but his rep. His rep is his pitchman, he's supposed to sell his client to the best of his ability. If my team doctors could not confirm a full bill of health, i would be skeptical. But its hard to pass on his ability and potential at #5. When healthy, he is the best QB in the class, hands down.

SD would have to give up multiple 1sts to jump up to 2 or 3, with no medical review. Not sure a smart GM would do that and put his butt on the line like that.

Iím hoping more and more that we donít draft a QB in the 1st. I still think we have holes to fill, we need to fix our o-line so they can protect our QBólook at what happened to Luck, RGIII, Bridgewater. Letís get our o-line fixed first, letís see if Gailey can fix Rosen before we waste a pick on a guy whoís not a sure thing.

Page 24 of 56 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast