Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

2020 Draft thread

Talk about NFL draft prospects here that you would like to see in a Dolphin uniform next season.

Our current allotment of draft picks

1st: #5 overall
    1st: #18 overall
    HOU 1st
    2nd: #39 overall
    NO 2nd
    3rd: #70 overall
    4th round Compensatory (JAMES)
    5th: #135 overall (AIR)
    5th: #145 overall (PIT)
    5th: #148 overall (LAR)
    5th round Compensatory (WAKE)
    6th: #166 overall
    6th: #178 overall (DAL)
    KC 7th
    Last edited by Wrench; 12-30-2019 at 09:23 PM.

Dammit I wanted to make the new threads.

Pitt pick falling into the top 20 is huge. I think it puts us in the perfect spot for one of the DEs. I know everyone has been mocking the late 1sets to go DE and OL but I really dont see any other positions worth those picks at the moment. Secondary really isnt worth it around there and I dont think we should look at RB or WR in the 1st.

Btw where is the KD pick?

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

The pick was conditional so I assume that's why it wasn't listed on tankathon. Reportedly it was a 6th that could of become a 5th with certain conditions. Have to wait and see on that one.

I've seen a few people saying that it will be moved to a 5th, which would actually be us getting our 5th back from Arizona. But absolutely nothing official yet.

Btw just in case people havent seen some of the QB chatter from other teams, heres a quick recap of some teams that might be competing with us.

Phillip Rivers after his game yesterday spoke honestly that hes willing to play elsewhere and isnt retiring. One way or another it seems like LA will be looking for a QB.

Rumors have started to pop up with the Colts that they've lost faith in Jacoby Brissett as the franchise guy. They gave him a decent deal this year but arent handicapped by any means. There was talk around the time Luck retired that Ballard was very interested in Jordan Love.

And Bruce Arians was just a bit ago if he felt like the team could win with another QB. His answer: “With another quarterback? Oh yeah. If we can win with this one, we can definitely win with another one, too.’’ So add the Bucs to the ever growing list of teams looking for QBs.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Btw just in case people havent seen some of the QB chatter from other teams, heres a quick recap of some teams that might be competing with us.

Phillip Rivers after his game yesterday spoke honestly that hes willing to play elsewhere and isnt retiring. One way or another it seems like LA will be looking for a QB.

Rumors have started to pop up with the Colts that they've lost faith in Jacoby Brissett as the franchise guy. They gave him a decent deal this year but arent handicapped by any means. There was talk around the time Luck retired that Ballard was very interested in Jordan Love.

And Bruce Arians was just a bit ago if he felt like the team could win with another QB. His answer: “With another quarterback? Oh yeah. If we can win with this one, we can definitely win with another one, too.’’ So add the Bucs to the ever growing list of teams looking for QBs.
    I honestly hope that someone tries to jump SD or CAR and calls MIA up for a trade opportunity. People already know I'm clamoring for Lawrence or Fields in 2021, so trading back for a 2020 1st and 2021 1st +++ would be right up my alley with this draft. We have to build this team throughout the entire roster.

If we can go into 2020 with Fitz and Rosen at QB, but an upgraded OL, draft a young RB1, and stack the defense with young talent, then it would still be a fun, entertaining team to watch.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...238608913.html

The sixth-round pick acquired from Arizona for running back Kenyan Drake has met the thresholds necessary for it to become a fifth-rounder.

The fifth-rounder sent to Miami for Drake was originally owned by the Dolphins but traded to Arizona in the Rosen deal.
    1st post updated.

I know this isnt the choice but I prefer Fitzpatrick over Rivers.

More and more people are starting to talk about Tua staying another year in college. Theres just more and more hints of it happening.

With the Gailey signing, this means that both Herbert and Love fit very well into his style of QB. Traditional spread offense that features a lot of QB running. Both Herbert and Love could fit in well.

Getting a pretty strong sense that Tua isn’t going to declare.

Per Simon Clancy

Chan Gailey move is more likely to do with Jordan Love than Tua. Especially as I have consistently heard that the mood inside the building is that Tua will return to Bama, now it seems eligible juniors are deciding return, some of them posted by Tua himself.

Per Ck Parrot.

Lol at ck pretending he has sources in flores staff. Dude is such a clown.

Ck wasnt even saying it was dome actual report. Just reading between the grape lines and saying Gaileys style fits well with Jordan Loves style.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Ck wasnt even saying it was dome actual report. Just reading between the grape lines and saying Gaileys style fits well with Jordan Loves style.
    He flat out said he "consistently" heard that the "mood" inside the building is tua is returning.

Ck pretending he gets all kinds of insider info from inside flores staff is straight up bs. Ck is a nobody.

Wasn't there an OC around the league that wanted to take a stab at some young QB...??? Does that OC currently have a job...???

In all serious though, if Flores likes Love or Herbert than hey he's the HC... I know people are in love with the 21' draft and it's QB class, but what if the Phins go 8 and 8 and wind up picking in the late teens...??? I think taking a QB in the 1st or 2nd of this draft will be a safe pick... Let him learn behind Fitz and let Fitz continue to be the test dummy while the OL still takes shape...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast