Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Never said chan was a one trick pony, i even specified young coaches to make it very clear

IMO, Flores wants stability from the top down for the staff... I'm not saying he's following the NE way with coaches, but it was a conveyor belt up there... Charlie Weiss was the OC with McDaniels as a defensive coaching asst... Year before Weiss leaves McDaniels was elevated to QB coach... Weiss leaves McDaniels moves to OC... Belichick has had Scarnecchia by his side forever... Patricia started from the bottom under Belichick until Bill moved him to the top...

The Gailey move is to give Flores comfort (wow, not a football term...)... It's gives him trust... Caldwell is around to develop a QB and probably to help groom Schuplinsky... This team is in dire need for a OL coach... Marrone would have been great IMO... Good that the Jags gives him another shot... I'd kick the tires on Callahan for OL coach...

It's easy to say ohh another Pats comparison, but name another team that has had complete stability with constant ladder climbing for 20 seasons...??? That's what Flores has been a part of... Problem is the Pats won in belichicks 2nd season... Dolphins and patience is turning into oil and water... Limited success and knee jerk reactions have held this organization back for years... IMO, this team is young which is a good thing, but what constitutes success for this organization...???

Obviously, this season surprisingly took both youth and success on and did pretty damn well... Plus maintaining the 5th pick and 2 more 1st's... More youth and an 8 and 8 season means steady success... Getting past .500 in the NFL is the tricky part, especially with the unknown at QB...

This is WHY I think time to move on from Rosen and draft a QB this draft... 3 firsts IMO gives a ton of leeway to make a solid decision at the QB position this draft... I can easily see this team being coached to an 8 and 8 season especially with veteran coaches and a veteran QB (unless he gets killed during the season)... Being 8 and 8 probably gets you a high teens early 20's in the 21' draft...

I also want a stud RB in the draft...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Josh allen wtf, one play you love him, the next you hate him.

Watson is a magician

Watching that game just continues to make me more on board with Love over Herbert. Love deserves just as much criticism for this season that Herbert has gotten, but we need to make a bold move at QB. Herbert isnt bold, hes the safe pick. He'll be decent but wont carry a team. Love has at least shown the ability tibnaje plays by himself.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Watching this tenn ne game, and they dont even ask tannehill to do anything.

Its all derek henry, and tannehill just gets to throw a few easy passes once in awhile. For all the over talk of how well tannehill is playing, hes still the same qb he was in miami, one that needs a dominating run game.

^^^^imagine basing your evaluation on one game where the Pat's are selling out to stop the pass.

Btw I thought about this earlier. I know everyone wants Brady and Belicheck to retire after this year. But are we sure they wouldnt be the worse team in the NFL next year without them? Meaning they fall into the first pick and land Trevor.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    ^^^^imagine basing your evaluation on one game where the Pat's are selling out to stop the pass.

Btw I thought about this earlier. I know everyone wants Brady and Belicheck to retire after this year. But are we sure they wouldnt be the worse team in the NFL next year without them? Meaning they fall into the first pick and land Trevor.
    But they arent selling out to stop the pass, lol, their secondary can handle tenn WRs all by themselves all day.

Tannehill only looks good when he has a top level running game. First it was with ajayi, and now henry.

God I want Van Noy so badly. I'm just tired of looking at draft prospects and thinking how they might fill that role but I'd rather just go get the actual guy.

Btw a sneaky name we could see is Dion Lewis. Hes been non-existent in Tennessee and if the Titans are going to pay Henry it doesnt make sense to also have Dions contract. Would be a great cheap guy to catch on the rebound and as a vet to pair with a rookie.

Also even though I dont think we look at RTs this year with Davis playing better, I really dont understand the Conklin hype. Incredible run blocker but I think hes an absolute liability in the passing game.

Ill be so happy if henry can run this clock out, and pats get knocked out in the first round, only because we won vs them.

Its the little things sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Ill be so happy if henry can run this clock out, and pats get knocked out in the first round, only because we won vs them.

Its the little things sometimes.
    Exactly. And yes, Henry put that offense on his back, regardless of how hard people want it to be Tannehill. Amazing performance by Henry, really.

Tannehill had a really nice pass with just over 2 minutes to go on 3rd and 8 under pressure. I thought he was panicking a bit and even looked surprised when he made teh completion, but he did it anyway. I think that was the best moment of his career and I hope he can gain confidence from it. Possible turning point throw for him.

I also think he had a great play on the first drive where he threw the ball away under pressure to avoid a sack. That's a sack 100% of the time before this year, so you can see maybe experience and very likely good coaching is teaching him one small thing at a time. Coaches like Vrabel, who is a very smart guy, will key on those details and probably show a guy like Tannehill how to recognize when it's time to throw it away, rather than just tell him to throw it away sometimes, in general terms. I bet they coach stuff like that In Tennessee.

But he also threw an INT to start the 4th, had 2 fumbles, including one where he was just taking the snap and the snap was perfect. You have to take the good with the bad with him even now it seems. But with Henry, you can ride him to the SB behind that line and an above average defense, if his hammy holds up.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 01-05-2020 at 01:58 PM.

Tannehill is a very good QB if you have a good team around him, I've said this in the past that we could win with him but needed a good OL infront of him and other help.

Tannehill is what he is at this point, a slightly above average QB that needs a good team around him. Theres a lot of QBs like that in the NFL and theres no shame in being in that level.

ARMANDO SALGUERO

Latest on Miami Dolphins search for assistant coaches, which is taking unorthodox approach.

The Miami Dolphins search for assistant coaches to fill vacant jobs within Brian Floresí staff promises to get more interesting over the next week and could lead to unexpected

Thatís not the biggest head-scratcher.

Flores has been searching for a DB coach and that search has included Curt Kuntz, who is currently the head coach at Struthers High School in Ohio, per club sources. Flores is believed to have considered other options but Kuntz has been his primary target.

One source even insists Kuntz has already been offered the job.

If Kuntz is hired it would be his first NFL job. Heís been the head coach at Struthers since 2012.

And what is the connection, one might ask?

Well, Struthers High is where Steve Belichick, the father of New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick, played. Belichick has been tied to Struthers for nearly 60 years. And obviously, Flores was tied to Belichick for his entire NFL career before joining the Dolphins.

Armando better be right about this or he is gonna look real stupid.

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast