Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    The biggest thing with the complexity issue is the run game. NEs style of offense requires Olineman to win a lot of one on one matchups. Meanwhile Gaileys offense can really simplify things for the oline and hopefully create an easier hole for the RB to find.

I just really hope this doesnt mean Flo thinks his Oline is better than it actually is. Griers comments yesterday make it seem like they know the problem is there, but obviously I'm going to be cynical of the Dolphins.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

We have signed the following players to futures contracts: LB Jake Carlock, LB Terrill Hanks, WR Andy Jones, TE Chris Myarick, T Chidi Okeke, DT Durval Queiroz Neto, WR T.J. Rahming and WR Terry Wright.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Man you've really held onto that whole Cheatriots things.
    Actually, I'm pretty sure the cheatriots have held onto it. Really, who would stop if they were in their shoes given the risk / reward. Cheating makes things less interesting to me, so it does affect which games I watch and my overall view of the importance of winning in the NFL.
    I have a very good memory, possibly eidetic like my son (if eidetic memories exist). I am getting older so I am finally starting to forget some things, which is actually a blessing in some ways. So I guess you could say I hang onto just about everything, but not out of any emotion.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 12-31-2019 at 05:52 PM.

Any chance we kick the tires on Bill Callahan for OL coach?

Quote Originally Posted by jtownsfine5t View Post
    Any chance we kick the tires on Bill Callahan for OL coach?
    We do have the need, most of the time coaching hires are largely based on who they worked with in the past and he doesn't really have any ties but it's possible as thats not always a end all.

Flores has shown that hes willing to hire guys who he hasn't worked with before. Callahan is a good vet coach and obviously shares Flo's focus on the run game. It would make sense. Harry Heistand is another well respected guy who's available now so theres definitely options out there.

But we also brought in 2 of the top Oline coaches last year and both are gone. Flores needs to decide what he actually wants from that coach before he brings someone in.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-01-2020 at 05:10 PM.

I still dont understand the shae firing.

Why give 3 wrs extensions if you were going to get a new OC and system a year later?

Before it made sense to give extensions to wrs who learned the system. Now i really have no clue whats going on.

And its not like it was a mutual split, they straight up fired him.

It just doesnt make sense, i heard talk that shaea system was too complicated and that he couldnt adjust to the talent, but they should of known that going in, i said all offseason the pats system was super complicated and would be a nightmare to install.

I think something happened between shae and flores, who knows what that is. Whole thing is odd.

The Pats offense relies on screens and quick hit passes. Our talent at WR/TE/RB does not equate to that philosophy at this point in time. I'm okay with the firing of him and the hiring of Gailey. Gailey's system will move Gesicki around and allow him spread out. Also works in favor of Parker's skills a lot better too. With the spread offense, I can almost guarantee we're going to see a 3 down RB drafted relatively high (think Swift or Etienne). But this also makes me very weary that this FO will draft a QB relatively high as well, which concerns me. If its Tua, fine. If its anyone else, I'm going to puke.

I agree that the Pat's scheme doesnt neccesarily fit our personel, but I dont believe that Oshea wasnt able to adapt. The passing offense was legitimately good the 2nd half of the season because O'Shea adapted to his talent. But Gaileys scheme kind of pushes us even further down that style of offense, but do you get the same level of play calling from him? That's where I'm the most worried.

But even though the passing offense was fun, the run game was absolutely terrible and Oshea does deserve some blame for that. Now personally I think it's not much blame on him, but Flores clearly thinks differently. But I really would have loved to see O'Sheas offense with an actual Oline and good RB play.

Yeah I think the zero run game was the biggest issue. Plus some have said there was some rift between him and Jerry Schuplinski and they didn't want to loose him.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I think albright said we did it to protect jerry, but that makes no sense because jerry didnt get the OC job.

Not only that, we completely changed systems.

Breer, says flores did it to get away from his "patriots roots" which is absolutely the dumbest thing ive ever heard, and doesnt sound remotely true.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    The Pats offense relies on screens and quick hit passes. Our talent at WR/TE/RB does not equate to that philosophy at this point in time. I'm okay with the firing of him and the hiring of Gailey. Gailey's system will move Gesicki around and allow him spread out. Also works in favor of Parker's skills a lot better too. With the spread offense, I can almost guarantee we're going to see a 3 down RB drafted relatively high (think Swift or Etienne). But this also makes me very weary that this FO will draft a QB relatively high as well, which concerns me. If its Tua, fine. If its anyone else, I'm going to puke.
    Chan runs a ton of 4 wr sets too.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    I think albright said we did it to protect jerry, but that makes no sense because jerry didnt get the OC job.

Not only that, we completely changed systems.

Breer, says flores did it to get away from his "patriots roots" which is absolutely the dumbest thing ive ever heard, and doesnt sound remotely true.
    Yea we fired one former Patriots coach and none of the other thousand we have so we can finally get away from the Pat's scheme lol. And changing the overall scheme doesnt affect the QB coach. His job is to just help develop the young QB on more specific things and just help them learn. Yes it's not quite as easy for Schu to teach since he hasn't been around the scheme for his entire career but that's like saying the RBs coach is going to have trouble now. Plus the NE model was OC talks to the starter and coaches him up while the QB coach mainly talks to the young guy and tries to help him develop.

PFN tried to defend their report that the move was to save Schuplinski by pointing out they never said it meant a promotion. If Schuplinski and O'Shea didnt get along then it's possible they got rid of him to keep Schu happy. Although I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up staying that he gets some title change. Some kind of co-offensive Coordinator or something.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Yea we fired one former Patriots coach and none of the other thousand we have so we can finally get away from the Pat's scheme lol. And changing the overall scheme doesnt affect the QB coach. His job is to just help develop the young QB on more specific things and just help them learn. Yes it's not quite as easy for Schu to teach since he hasn't been around the scheme for his entire career but that's like saying the RBs coach is going to have trouble now. Plus the NE model was OC talks to the starter and coaches him up while the QB coach mainly talks to the young guy and tries to help him develop.

PFN tried to defend their report that the move was to save Schuplinski by pointing out they never said it meant a promotion. If Schuplinski and O'Shea didnt get along then it's possible they got rid of him to keep Schu happy. Although I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up staying that he gets some title change. Some kind of co-offensive Coordinator or something.
    Yeah but if that was the case than why would flores fire someone he worked with for 11 years, especially after shae followed him to miami.

If he did it just to keep jerry happy for whatever reason, he could of mutually agreed to let him go. Shae only had a 2 year deal to begin with, why not give him is 2nd season and jerry can take over after?

None of it makes sense.

And system def matters for assistant coaches. The qb coach has to develop the qb, to the system. There arent mant coaches that are scheme versatile, whatever system you know, is what you know, at least among young coaches.

As I said the reports about moving on from him and keeping Jerry was more on those two just not getting along. Didn't have to do with him getting the OC job.

Also Gailey isn't a one trick pony he adapted over the years, hell he even ran the Pistol for Thigpen when he was the KC OC after Damon Huard got hurt.

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast