Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
    They sim to be going the Pats route draft wise and it's smart. Get as many picks as you can because at best you might find one elite dude and maybe only half turn out well. So having more lotto picks gives you the best chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    "They obviously coveted him and Barnett from the beginning, which says they wanted defensive pass rush in the 1st... I'd rather that than going with the BPA...

Now I hope they did their HW and get some more quality for needed positions the next 2 days...

Side note... I'm interested in the Steelers TJ Watt pick... I respect teams who have a drafting system..."

That was actually my first post regarding the Harris pick...

I guess I didn't mention anything about bulking up the OLine in that draft...
    It still boggles my mind that any modern day front office could look at charles harris sparq score and watts sparq score and pick harris.

I wouldnt draft harris in any round with that score.

No surprise taco.was cut too, another overdrafted pass rusher whos sparq score scared all the smart teams away.

Cant even believe we got a 7th rnd pick for harris, from atlanta, no less, whos coach was one of the brains behind seattles sparq score system.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Actually magic to get ANYTHING for Harris. 3.5 sacks over 3 years is incredibly terrible espcially from a 1st round pick.

I loved Harris when we drafted him and thought he had enough moves to be able to transition well. But he just never had the physicality to play the position which ruined all of his confidence. Just started over thinking every play. I have never seen a player get close to so many sacks only to be off by a second.
    I haven't either. I think it's because pass rushers who are usually a second late don't last in the NFL. He is what he is, but he beat up on lower competition certain weeks in college from what I heard. If he has a weak guy on him he will puff up his stats that day making believers out of many. Just doesn't have the lower body strength. Spinning is pretty, but NFL players will let you spin and will move laterally fast enough to block you further outward, forcing the wide arc if you aren't super quick or strong enough to make them react as they'd have to honor your possible bull rush or other effective moves. He's just not good enough, no matter how high the Dolphins drafted him. JMO of course.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 05-02-2020 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    It happens. Everyone has terrible picks. Harris was highly rated in the draft and fit what Gase wanted from his pass rushers. The only problem is that Gase's scheme was designed to play with a lead and his offense never had one.

That 2017 draft is rough to look at but just looking over the other 3 drafts for Grier and they're pretty decent. He's pretty much batting .500 which gives good hope for making 11 picks in a single draft. My only problem is that when he misses, he REALLY misses. You're either a starter or cut after camp.
    I cringe everytime someone says Adam Gase. He is doing to the Jets what he did to the Dolphins. Adam Gase hates talent.

I just read this article recently about Gase. A part of the article.

Im rich as f--k has become Gases go-to line since taking over 11 months ago, according to sources. Gase has repeatedly said it to anyone that mentions the avalanche of criticism this year. It has become his defense mechanism.

The Dolphins likely planned on cutting Harris and Charlton and called around to all the teams see if anyone would take either of them and the Falcons likely said we will give you a 7th rounder for Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    The Dolphins likely planned on cutting Harris and Charlton and called around to all the teams see if anyone would take either of them and the Falcons likely said we will give you a 7th rounder for Harris.
    That or the Falcons knew that we were going to cut Harris and called to get him without having to go through the waiver wire. Happens all of the time. The Falcons loved Harris in the draft process and probably saw all the edge guys we brought in.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

I think everyone in here has reservations about Harris when we drafted him. Busts happen. The fact they got anything for him is remarkable.

Falcons decline Harris's 5th year option...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I cringe everytime someone says Adam Gase. He is doing to the Jets what he did to the Dolphins. Adam Gase hates talent.

I just read this article recently about Gase. A part of the article.
    That cant be real, got a link to the article?

My theory on gase was that he grew a serious cocaine habit during his time in miami.

As someone who lives in NY i can tell you jets fans have turned on him quickly and have no faith in him.

I remember first thinking that gase was a confident hard nosed coach who would earn his respect as a HC. Now we know hes just an overly arrogant egotisitical punk.

i honestly thought Gase was going to do great things in MIA and help Tannehill take that leap. Shame he ran some people out of town.

I'm not buying he had a drug problem at all though. Thats a little bit far-fetched. I mean, sure he had bug eyes and acted awkward sometimes, but a cocaine problem? nah man.

I'll agree, he had way more 'punk' in him than I had thought. Even though I hate the Jets, I am curious to see how Darnold plays in his 2nd year under him.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    i honestly thought Gase was going to do great things in MIA and help Tannehill take that leap. Shame he ran some people out of town.

I'm not buying he had a drug problem at all though. Thats a little bit far-fetched. I mean, sure he had bug eyes and acted awkward sometimes, but a cocaine problem? nah man.

I'll agree, he had way more 'punk' in him than I had thought. Even though I hate the Jets, I am curious to see how Darnold plays in his 2nd year under him.
    Its not that far fetched, other coaches were doing cocaine in their office and video taping it, While chatting with stripper.

It is miami...

The Dolphins and WR Albert Wilson have agreed to a renegotiated deal for 2020 worth base value of $3M, with $1M more via incentives. Wilson gets the chance to produce in a system he knows then hit the market as a free agent next offseason.

The move saves us roughly 5-6 mil this year. Straight up pay cut, no extra years added on.

I would love to see Wilson get back to form this year. With his RAC ability I think he could be a stud with Tua.

In the most important news we'll have for MONTHS, new jersey numbers came out finally. Tua is officially #1, first Dolphins QB to wear it. Other notable QBs to wear it are Warren Moon, Cam and Kyler. I preferred 10 and 5 but 1 feels right.

Some other notable numbers that I saw: Laird wearing 32 now, Jordan Howard got Ricky's 34, Brandon Jones and Noah chose 45 and 46 which absolutely must be switched after they make the roster. Both numbers are terrible. Byron Jones chose 24 which is almost as cursed as 19. It feels like every year that we sign our #2 CB they choose 24 and they always get roasted. Don't have a good feeling about that at all.

Lawson took 90 from Harris and Ogbah somehow got 91 which is an absolute slap in the face of the legend Cam Wake. Ogbah is immediately on my **** list.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 05-05-2020 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    That cant be real, got a link to the article?

My theory on gase was that he grew a serious cocaine habit during his time in miami.

As someone who lives in NY i can tell you jets fans have turned on him quickly and have no faith in him.

I remember first thinking that gase was a confident hard nosed coach who would earn his respect as a HC. Now we know hes just an overly arrogant egotisitical punk.
    https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...6ye-story.html

The data is overwhelming. Gase, who is 29-35 in four seasons as a head coach, has lost 26 games by double digits, 22 by at least two touchdowns, and 12 by at least 20 points.

On average, he loses once every four games by at least 18 points, which is a mind-blowing reality for a coach with a history of either winning white-knucklers or getting blown out.

Gase has lost one in three games by at least two touchdowns in his head coaching career. One out of every 2.5 games results in a double-digit defeat.
    Last edited by Plague; 05-05-2020 at 09:58 PM.

Bought my first Dolphin hat in over a gazzillion years...

Last jersey was Keith Jackson...

Gonna take baby steps with a Tua t-shirt with his #1...

"I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast