Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Btw Schefter is reporting that teams are acting as if the league will start on time. Talks are still fluid but that's the current plan.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Tannehill first with the Dolphins and now from the Titans has made a lot of money for being a mediocre QB. I can't see the Titans having long term success giving that much of their cap to a player of Tannehill's ability. They better draft well.

Bradley Roby is getting 3 years 36million. Setting the market for other CB options like Logan Ryan.

the market for DE in both FA and the draft is stanky. I wouldn't be surprised if MIA ends up drafting a couple of the speedy LBers to become our pass rushers, and signing some DT in FA to bolster the line. Arik Armstead mixed in with Wilkins and Godcheaux? I can see them doing something weird like that to run more 3-4 bases.

Also, if Tua is gone before their pick, I can 100% see MIA drafting Simmons . . .just saying that right now.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    wow, Tannehill getting close to $30M per year on his extension. Holy crap. Glad its TEN and not MIA falling into that trap.

I can only imagine what Brady is going to ask for. Bridgewater is probably going to get $25M/yr from some team. Winston too. Glad we're in a position to draft a QB and have him on a decent contract for 5 years.

If Cambell and his bloated contract nets a 5th, I can't see MIA giving a 5th for any other worthy player. We're not contending this year, so I can see 2/3 of those 5ths being traded for 2021 picks, or to trade up into the 2nd-3rd rds.
    Whats crazy is they had no faith in him during the playoffs, they refused to let him try to do anything that could lose them the game.

Than they go and hand him this kind of $? Its nuts...

I'm told the #Dolphins, #Jets, #Raiders, #Eagles are among the clubs that have discussed interest in impending free agent CB Byron Jones, per source.
    https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/s...543419904?s=20

C Matt Skura was given a tender from the Ravens that wouldnt require any compensation if he signed elsewhere. I would be all over that if I'm the Dolphins.

Bill O'Brien is an absolute freaking joke. Dear God he is awful. Every team would have been lining up with their 1st rd pick this yr to trade for Nuk.

Seriously if Watson gets hurt next year that Texans pick is top 5.

Btw a few random Dolphins tidbits. Obviously linked to Byron Jones, but the general vibe is that we will be aggressive towards CBs. The writers are also expecting Miami to stay out of the OT market and focus on the interior in FA and go with an OT in the draft. We've also been interested in DE Shaq Lawson

Bill O'Brien is a fricken nut job! lol

I mean, Deshaun's only reliable weapon and he trades him? Thank goodness we got HOU 1st and 2nd rd picks next year. I would honestly just offer #5 for Watson and see if he says yes

Graham Glassgow just got 44mil from the Broncos. So I think Flowers will be the biggest name Olineman we sign.

Also the team signed some guy at Safety I've never heard of. Simon Clancy said "Clayton Fejedelem is essentially the new Walt Aikens with better tape as a back-up safety. Team captain."

Figured he didnt deserve a separate thread since he'll probably be a backup.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Graham Glassgow just got 44mil from the Broncos. So I think Flowers will be the biggest name Olineman we sign.
    Flowers deal suddenly looks a little more palatable, especially considering he was quite good last year and our line was total garbage.

Sorry just catching up after work. Barry said this earlier about Karras "Per source, Dolphins checked in on Patriots free agent center Ted Karras today. No offer as of this moment, but sides expected to talk again. Fluid situation. Dolphins sizing up center options."

"As of a couple hours ago, there was no ongoing aggressive Dolphins OT pursuit. That, obviously, could change at any time. Perhaps this ends up being a top 4 OT group of Andrew Thomas or Josh Jones or Austin Jackson in 1st round; Jesse Davis; J. Davenport and lower profile vet."

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Also the team signed some guy at Safety I've never heard of. Simon Clancy said "Clayton Fejedelem is essentially the new Walt Aikens with better tape as a back-up safety. Team captain."

Figured he didnt deserve a separate thread since he'll probably be a backup.
    Special teams ace, doesn't play much defense.

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast