Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 316 to 330 of 400
  1. #316
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    11,704
    Jesus, how do you commit 18 penalties? Hes insanely talented but double digit penalties just screams lazy. You can consider half of those to be just as bad as giving up a sack.

    Welcome Back Sweet Prince

  2. #317
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    16,124
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Jesus, how do you commit 18 penalties? Hes insanely talented but double digit penalties just screams lazy. You can consider half of those to be just as bad as giving up a sack.
    18 penalties, wants 20+ million a season AND the Texans almost have no choice but to give it to him.... Given the bounty they traded in order to acquire him.

    With Houston shipping off Hopkins, this trade looks better and better by the day. If Watson gets hurt next season, this could be a much higher draft pick than people realize.

  3. #318
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    11,704
    Watson doesnt even need to get hurt. If he doesnt perform all of the miracles he did last year they probably finish 3rd in the division.

    Welcome Back Sweet Prince

  4. #319
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,620
    HOU is in deep trouble, and I think every one knows it. Stills is a good WR3, and Fuller loves to get injured . . . he's addicted to being hurt. Watson has nothing. Its all him. And that defense is going to suck as well. TEN is my favorite to win that division, and HOU will be a distant 3rd. A healthy Watson, they go 8-8. He gets hurt, top 10 pick.
    Last edited by CeltBruinSoxFan; 04-01-2020 at 03:07 PM.

  5. #320
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    592
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Jesus, how do you commit 18 penalties? Hes insanely talented but double digit penalties just screams lazy. You can consider half of those to be just as bad as giving up a sack.
    Exactly what I have always said about him. Good for a penalty a game basically, which equals a sack when you walk off the yardage. Even last year people said he just needs more time, but consistent penalties in year 2-3? At some point you see it for what it is. The change of uniform helps the crowd with objectivity too, I think.

  6. #321
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    11,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    Exactly what I have always said about him. Good for a penalty a game basically, which equals a sack when you walk off the yardage. Even last year people said he just needs more time, but consistent penalties in year 2-3? At some point you see it for what it is. The change of uniform helps the crowd with objectivity too, I think.
    I know his first year starting at LT was rough with penalties and he got it fixed the second year. Wasnt perfect but better. So if I'm playing devil's advocate hes probably just slow to pick up the cadence which makes him either false start or slow on the snap and forced to hold.

    But even still that's terrible. You dont want your franchise LT to be bad at something that important. A penalty can be just as bad as a sack.

    Welcome Back Sweet Prince

  7. #322
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    432
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    I know his first year starting at LT was rough with penalties and he got it fixed the second year. Wasnt perfect but better. So if I'm playing devil's advocate hes probably just slow to pick up the cadence which makes him either false start or slow on the snap and forced to hold.

    But even still that's terrible. You dont want your franchise LT to be bad at something that important. A penalty can be just as bad as a sack.
    I agree with this. And I will add that it's easier to accept his penalty issue while on his rookie contract but once he's due for his 2nd contract that crap needs cleaned up. Plus, he wants to be highest paid tackle in the game after making his 1st pro bowl, which half the league makes every year. GTFOH
    Uber excited about the possibility of how great the Texans 1st rd pick will be for us next yr!!!

    If we can get about the same for X or use him and #5 and maybe a 3rd to get Burrow then I do that too. I'm open to trading X to move up because of the knees. If he didn't have a history of knee issues then I wouldn't even bother.

  8. #323
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,620
    I wouldn't want to trade X. the dude is a shut-down corner when healthy (i know, a big if). Flores wants Howard and Jones both on the team. Our only real hole in the secondary is filling Reshad's SS position, which will be done in the draft. The team has the chance to build a truly elite level defense the next two drafts. trading X just makes it even harder.

    Hypothetically, we're already using one of the 1sts for Tunsil on an OT, and hypothetically might be using the one for Minkah on a S. Can't trade X cause then we are probably using the 1st we get for him on a CB2.

    on HOU, my thinking is that Billy O'Brien just lost his team with this trade of Hopkins. Not alot of players will want to battle for him. I wouldn't be surprised if Watson asks out after this season.

  9. #324
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    16,124
    Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    I agree with this. And I will add that it's easier to accept his penalty issue while on his rookie contract but once he's due for his 2nd contract that crap needs cleaned up. Plus, he wants to be highest paid tackle in the game after making his 1st pro bowl, which half the league makes every year. GTFOH
    Uber excited about the possibility of how great the Texans 1st rd pick will be for us next yr!!!

    If we can get about the same for X or use him and #5 and maybe a 3rd to get Burrow then I do that too. I'm open to trading X to move up because of the knees. If he didn't have a history of knee issues then I wouldn't even bother.
    Unfortunately, wouldn't be near enough.

    Miami would have to package at least 2 firsts + X to get Cinci's pick and even then, I'm not sure if it'll be enough.

    Think about it another way, Burrows is from Ohio and the team has already sold the fan base on him being the savior. If they traded him for anything less than a RGIII haul, at WORST, the fan base would burn down the stadium. IMO they're not trading him for anything less than the moon. Miami could get him, but it wouldn't be worth the picks. Just go with Tua/Herbert/Love, whoever is available and keep your picks. They're not one player away, not even a good QB.

    If Burrows was a can't miss prospect, like Peyton Manning (and FWIW, no one is ever a "can't miss" player), then maybe you do that trade. I don't think Burrows is in that category, he wasn't even a first round lock before this season and while he had a season for the ages, I would worry about going all in on one player, with so many other holes to fill.

  10. #325
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    432
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    Unfortunately, wouldn't be near enough.

    Miami would have to package at least 2 firsts + X to get Cinci's pick and even then, I'm not sure if it'll be enough.

    Think about it another way, Burrows is from Ohio and the team has already sold the fan base on him being the savior. If they traded him for anything less than a RGIII haul, at WORST, the fan base would burn down the stadium. IMO they're not trading him for anything less than the moon. Miami could get him, but it wouldn't be worth the picks. Just go with Tua/Herbert/Love, whoever is available and keep your picks. They're not one player away, not even a good QB.

    If Burrows was a can't miss prospect, like Peyton Manning (and FWIW, no one is ever a "can't miss" player), then maybe you do that trade. I don't think Burrows is in that category, he wasn't even a first round lock before this season and while he had a season for the ages, I would worry about going all in on one player, with so many other holes to fill.
    I never said it would be enough. That is about the max I would offer.

    If Miami has interest in #1 then they are only bidding against themselves. Nobody has close to the amount of ammo as Miami does. From a Cincy perspective they would love the draft picks, who wouldn't? Cincy has a lot of holes and has the Ravens and Steelers in their division along with a reasonably rostered Browns team. So making the playoffs with having Burrow on his rookie contract the next few years will be rather difficult task.

  11. #326
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SWFL
    Posts
    30,731
    https://twitter.com/AsiataFive4/stat...588641792?s=20

    Isaac Asiata is a Provo City officer now.

  12. #327
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    11,704
    Oh my god the Texans are trading their 2nd this year for Brandon Cooks. So they've traded their top two picks in the 2020 draft, which is loaded with OTs and WRs, for a LT and WR.

    This team is incredibly terrible. Unless Watson plays superman again I actually think their pick could be better than ours.

    Welcome Back Sweet Prince

  13. #328
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9,634
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Oh my god the Texans are trading their 2nd this year for Brandon Cooks. So they've traded their top two picks in the 2020 draft, which is loaded with OTs and WRs, for a LT and WR.

    This team is incredibly terrible. Unless Watson plays superman again I actually think their pick could be better than ours.
    I think it was Dan Patrick who said, if you have a overpriced player to trade call Bill O'Brien.

    I personally think Cooks is overrated. Stills and Cooks are basically a 3rd WR quality player in my opinion.

  14. #329
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Oh my god the Texans are trading their 2nd this year for Brandon Cooks. So they've traded their top two picks in the 2020 draft, which is loaded with OTs and WRs, for a LT and WR.

    This team is incredibly terrible. Unless Watson plays superman again I actually think their pick could be better than ours.
    These kinds of wild trades were pretty normal back in the day, its amazing theres teams still doing this kind of nonsense.

    Not to mention he has a massivr concussion problem.

    Between stills, cooks, and the nd kid, texans will.have 3 scary deep threats at wr. But it still makes no sense. Watson is gonna get murdered back there, Miami, should go all out for him.

    Really, we should of went after him when we had the chance in the draft.

  15. #330
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    I never said it would be enough. That is about the max I would offer.

    If Miami has interest in #1 then they are only bidding against themselves. Nobody has close to the amount of ammo as Miami does. From a Cincy perspective they would love the draft picks, who wouldn't? Cincy has a lot of holes and has the Ravens and Steelers in their division along with a reasonably rostered Browns team. So making the playoffs with having Burrow on his rookie contract the next few years will be rather difficult task.
    I dont for a second see us trading up for burrow and really hope we dont.

    I dont think he will sniff the success he had during his last college season, in the nfl.

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •