Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Jags just traded Foles to the Bears for a conditional 4th. At the moment this means Gardner Minshew is the starter.

I've been saying for awhile that the Jags are a sneaky possible team for Tua. I believe they have the 2nd most picks in the draft right behind us and NE. They have the ammo to move if they want him. They've got 2 firsts the next two years and might flip Yannik Ngakoue as well.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 03-18-2020 at 02:24 PM.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

And now Rapaport is reporting that the Chargers wont be signing a vet. Theyll stick with Tyrod Taylore and look to address it in the draft.

So much for Tua dropping to 5.

yeah stuff happens. MIA may not even be on board with trading up for Tua, and may just let Herbert/Love slide to 5 and take them. Or SD falls in love with one of those and trades up because they are afraid MIA may take one of them, and then Tua is sitting there at 5 for us. I truly think they are hooked on either Herbert or Love, both of which would be reaches at #5. Tua's injury is scary. One sack and falls akwardly on that hip . . . he's toast.

We're set up really well in the draft to get almost whoever we want.

Could X and #5 get us #2? Could that be the plan? I would absolutely hate that idea, but I've seen crazier things. Could Rosen truly be their play, and they are pulling the most amazing smoke-show in NFL history?

MIA could just sit back and let whichever QB they want fall to 5 and go from there. I'm not worried about it at all.

Jags and their fans love minshew, i dont think theyll want to draft a qb high.

Chargers on the other hand obviously could. But drafting tua wouldnt help them this year since he wont even play.

I dont buy the whole "they wont take Tua because he might not play this year" deal. From all reports he's on pace to actually play this year. Obviously the lack of a pro day and team medicals could affect that but I think it's still an option. People are severely underselling just how good he was before the injury. If the Chargers think he can play at all this year then theyll think they can win immediately.

Btw we signed LB Elandon Robert's from NE. Hes the FB that caught a TD on us in NE last year.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    I dont buy the whole "they wont take Tua because he might not play this year" deal. From all reports he's on pace to actually play this year. Obviously the lack of a pro day and team medicals could affect that but I think it's still an option. People are severely underselling just how good he was before the injury. If the Chargers think he can play at all this year then theyll think they can win immediately.
    Well if your in win now mode, that means your coach and gm are being told to do whatever it takes to win now, drafting a qb who wont play this season certainly doesnt help you.

And no, hes not playing this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    I dunno why people are so surprised we didnt spend big on oline, i said all off season no way that was going to happen.

Some of you thought we would pay 2 OTs, big money, that was never going to happen.

The pats never spend big on oline. If you spend big on oline than you cant spend on defense. And in todays nfl, teams have realized they need to spend a lot to have a good defense, which is what flores wants.
    Just wanted to point out that 3 of the top 5 cap hits on the Patriots as of today are O-Line guys. But yea, they don't spend on O-Line.

A great O-Line isn't what kept the Cowboys competitive for years and wasn't what made the Titans great this year. And it's not critical to help your qb stay healthy and establish the run (which in turns keeps defense fresh and allows them to go 100% and make plays to get off the field also).

Games are won in the trenches. Always has and always will (maybe not when players get replaced by robots because of corona virus but until then...)
    BRUH

Quote Originally Posted by LRizzle View Post
    However the Flowers deal sucks. Give me Bulaga at 3/30M over Flowers all day. Make Jesse Davis our OG of chess piece for the O-Line instead of insisting he should be our starter, he's not that good. Karras, Flowers and Davis are all very average at best. Now we are going to throw a 1st round OT into the mix. I don't see our O-Line being that much better than last year which is a shame. Probably go from 30-32nd range from last year to 25-28 range this year.
    Bulaga is 31 and has only played 16 games twice in nine years. He doesn't stay healthy, Packers let him walk for a reason.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Just wanted to point out that 3 of the top 5 cap hits on the Patriots as of today are O-Line guys. But yea, they don't spend on O-Line.

A great O-Line isn't what kept the Cowboys competitive for years and wasn't what made the Titans great this year. And it's not critical to help your qb stay healthy and establish the run (which in turns keeps defense fresh and allows them to go 100% and make plays to get off the field also).

Games are won in the trenches. Always has and always will (maybe not when players get replaced by robots because of corona virus but until then...)
    ^^^True words

Dolphins are re-signing S Adrian Colbert to a one-year, $1.775 million deal, per @RosenhausSports. Colbert was not tendered yesterday as an RFA.

Rosenhaus also tweeted that Godcheax might be next for an extension.

so not including any contract extensions and rookie contracts after the 2020 draft, MIA will be at $110M in cap space in 2021. Thats just kind of amazing to think about. Beside Godcheaux^, who could possibly be in line for an extension? WIlson, MacMillan, Haack and maybe Biegel are the only ones I can think of outside Godcheaux.

"Games are won in the trenches" is just a cliche football saying.

No one is saying it doesnt help a ton to be really good up front, but you can only spend so much up front, without it hurting other positions.

And the value of wrs and corners has exceeded the value trench players in todays nfl.

Our 2 highest highest paid players are cornerbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    so not including any contract extensions and rookie contracts after the 2020 draft, MIA will be at $110M in cap space in 2021. Thats just kind of amazing to think about. Beside Godcheaux^, who could possibly be in line for an extension? WIlson, MacMillan, Haack and maybe Biegel are the only ones I can think of outside Godcheaux.
    That's pretty much the list outside of Albert Wilson. I'm honestly shocked hes still on the roster. I think he looked great at the end of the year but I just figured the staff would move on.

Honestly Godcheax is the only one worth and extension at this point. Haack is replaceable and Biegel and McMillan are both guys I want to see more from. McMillan needs to prove hes more than just a 2 down LB and Biegel might be replaced by all the pass rushers we brought in.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Falcons and Dolphins had the most trade interest before the Rams released Todd Gurley.
    Gurley's contract was bad enough that a trade was never going to happen, but they are sensible landing spots. The free-spending Dolphins have since signed Jordan Howard, but that might not be a deal-breaker. Atlanta would be a homecoming for Gurley, and the Falcons currently have one of the league's worst backfields. Gurley, of course, does not have good 2019 film.

Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast