Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627
    Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    I don't want Tua seeing the field until we have 3 of the 5 o lineman solidified. We have an extremely young and raw o line and I'm not risking putting the face of the franchise behind said o line until they become a solid unit. I've had this as a red shirt year for Tua for the beginning which is why he was a perfect choice for us this season. We have the grizzled veteran in Fitz on a cheap 1 yr deal and Rosen as well. If the o line isn't getting the job done and Fitz gets hurt then put Rosen in. I don't want Tua getting the David Carr treatment.

Keep in mind I'm also hoping for like a 6 win season at best so this also plays in to the idea of letting Tua sit all season.
    Me too. And I just looked at the schedule and there's no way anyone will pressure Flores to start Tua in November - December anyway lol.

If I were the FO, Tua would the #3 QB no matter what.

1. Fitz
    2. Rosen
    3. Tua

There is no way I am letting Tua touch the field unless the other two QBs are injured. I'm still hoping Rosen shines in TC and can somehow establish a clear foothold at #2, knowing Tua is #1 in 2021.

We already know that the FO won't get in the way of Flo playing the guy he wants. If so then Rosen would have been the starter last year.

I think it really comes down to the medical staff. If they give him the OK and don't think he needs to be on some kind of plan for the hip recovery, then he'll start much sooner than we ever thought. If he's healthy then its a legit competition. I still think Fitz starts the year, and his leash will be much longer than last year. But if we start 2-4 then I think we could see Tua come in immediately.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Btw, Barry wrote yesterday that the FO is more than willing to play Tua early. So again this will be 100% on if Flo thinks he's good enough.

I'd love to shelve him for the year. Let the staff mold his body to help alleviate some of the stress on his hip. Then work on his mindset and his release. All while you let the young oline gel together. But I think we see Tua play before the halfway mark. The only way I see Tua riding the bench is if Fitz continues to play well and makes others around him play better. Im super high on Fitz and think he could get this team to a wildcard spot, but I won't be surprised at all of he comes out and sucks *** either. Its the most consistent thing he's done his entire career.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    We already know that the FO won't get in the way of Flo playing the guy he wants. If so then Rosen would have been the starter last year.

I think it really comes down to the medical staff. If they give him the OK and don't think he needs to be on some kind of plan for the hip recovery, then he'll start much sooner than we ever thought. If he's healthy then its a legit competition. I still think Fitz starts the year, and his leash will be much longer than last year. But if we start 2-4 then I think we could see Tua come in immediately.
    You're missing the point.

It's the o line I, and others, am worried about not Tua.

We have potentially 4 new starters on the o line. You'd be an idiot to be the future of your organization and the new face of the franchise, and the city, behind it until you the unit has gelled into a solid o line.

But saying you're willing to play Tua early might also be a way to get the most out of your other 2 QB's, especially a guy like Fitz, who is playing to extend his career another year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    But saying you're willing to play Tua early might also be a way to get the most out of your other 2 QB's, especially a guy like Fitz, who is playing to extend his career another year.
    Also a way to get ticket sales up.

Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    You're missing the point.

It's the o line I, and others, am worried about not Tua.

We have potentially 4 new starters on the o line. You'd be an idiot to be the future of your organization and the new face of the franchise, and the city, behind it until you the unit has gelled into a solid o line.
    No I understand, but Flo won't consider the state of the Oline when considering if Tua should play or not. If anything it might push him to play him early. One of the many reasons he put Fitz back in over Rosen was how Fitz overcame the terrible line play. The thing that makes a great QB better than everyone else is how he overcomes poor play around him. So if the Oline struggles, FLo might say that Tua is starter because he's better in the pocket and makes better decisions.

Again I agree that I'd prefer to see Tua sit while those guys develop. But Flo is going to put the guys in that help the team win. If Tua gets the ok from the training staff, then he's clearly the best QB on the team. And the best QB will help overcome the Oline.

I get what you're saying on what Flo wants to do but you have to look at the whole picture of Tua's future and not just 2021.

I have no problems at all putting Fitz, a 37 year old journeyman qb, behind bad o line play. For the future of the Fins I don't care if he gets banged up. He's at the end of his career and he isn't a franchise qb.
    For Tua, I do have a problem putting him behind a bad o line. He's coming off the hip surgery, which I don't think his a LT problem for a qb since in theory they won't be taking the hits like Bo Jackson was, and putting him behind a bad o lien spells trouble. He's already said he needs to be better at throwing the ball away instead of taking hits - a la R. Wilson.
    Drafting Tua this year was the perfect situation for him and the franchise. This season isn't a "win now" season but it would be cool. Tua can sit behind Fitz and Rosen while learning the playbook. If Fitz gets yanked then start Rosen. Reasoning being is he's already a sunk cost for us so we can either let him get light up or maybe he plays decent and he can become an asset on the trade market.

I guess what I am getting at is Risk MUCH > than the reward of Tua seeing the field this year behind an inexperienced and non cohesive unit, as of now.
    Risk is much greater than the reward of having Tua see the field behind a bad o line.

I completely agree with you, but I just dont see Flo going with that mentality. Its a weird situation where he always claims to be planning for the future, but is also prioritizing winning now. The only example I've seen from Flo looking to shelve a guy was X last year, although the knee ended up being much worse than we originally thought of so it might not have been as much of a "redshirt year" as we thought of.

I think its going to be very obvious early on what the plan will be with Tua. I think if he is even practicing this year that he will play eventually. Its as black and white as that. If the medical staff says he's good to go then Flo is going to play the QB he thinks is the best. I just dont see him looking at a redshirt year.

The Dolphins have rounded out their coaching staff by hiring Steve Ferentz (the son of Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz) as a coaching assistant and former Chiefs RB Kolby Smith as their offensive QC coach.

Flo keeps up his trend of hiring literal who people. But i give him credit for still adding months after the original changes.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    The Dolphins have rounded out their coaching staff by hiring Steve Ferentz (the son of Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz) as a coaching assistant and former Chiefs RB Kolby Smith as their offensive QC coach.

Flo keeps up his trend of hiring literal who people. But i give him credit for still adding months after the original changes.
    I really like the Ferentz hiring. I think that was an under-the-radar, and extremely under-rated hiring. Giving guys a shot . . . I love it. Flo is going to be one of the top HC's in the NFL within the next 5 years

Tua jersey surprisingly arrived yesterday... Wore it right after postal worker handed it to me...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627