Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast
    If you go to the Dolphins sub reddit you'll see a million posts about the Jersey taking til October 6th.

I think right now they're just throwing it out there in case it really does take that long. Kinda like Amazon saying they're only shipping essentials and then it shows up the next day.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Apparently we've had discussions with FA CB Logan Ryan. I loved the idea of getting him before Jones, but now it seems a little excessive. Feels more like we've been in touch but I doubt anything actually happens. If we had rookie training camp and could get a good feel of where Noah is I could see it happening, but as of right now it seems excessive.

its not excessive right now. Ryan is a good NCB and right now the defense Flores wants to run will utilize DBs more than previously. If Noah or Needham get hurt, then that means we have to slide McCain back to NCB, which leaves another hole at a safety position. Same with Howard, he gets hurt, that probably pushes someone outside, leaving NCB barren again. I would love adding Ryan on a 1-2 yr deal to motivate not only him, but the others back there to step up. We get Ryan, we legit will have the best CB unit in the league. If the price is right, this a no-brainer for this team.

Trust me, I won't complain about another CB. But at the moment we have 4 solid options. Thats about as good as you can realistically expect. Signing Ryan means you're stealing time development time from either Needham or Noah. Espcially when you could get upgrades at pass rusher and safety.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Trust me, I won't complain about another CB. But at the moment we have 4 solid options. Thats about as good as you can realistically expect. Signing Ryan means you're stealing time development time from either Needham or Noah. Espcially when you could get upgrades at pass rusher and safety.
    Not when your running out 6DBs. We will be playing them alot, one injury and you need more help.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Not when your running out 6DBs. We will be playing them alot, one injury and you need more help.
    exactly. Howard is not going to play all 16 games. Needham can flip to outside when Howard misses some time. Noah can, and will be imo, the starting NCB day 1, and there will be no momentum lost in his development. Ryan can come in and play outside in a pinch, command the NCB if they want Noah to focus on a TE. It just makes way too much sense to have him on the team. I'd sign him immediately, even if it is multiple years. Noah is not going to be a stud year 1, and will still have to develop in year 2 as well. Ryan to the Phins would be awesome.

There are no real good DE or pass rushers out there worth signing. A coverage sack is just as good as a pure pass rush sack.

So if there is more and more talk about a shortened, or even cancelled, NCAAF season, does anybody think the NFL Supp draft pool will be loaded with talent of kids that decided to head back to college, but may not get to play? Like, could there be multiple 1st rd talented guys enter the pool? and would you be okay if MIA spent a 2021 1st or 2nd rd pick on a kid who could potentially go in the top 2 rounds in 2021?

The NFL has come out and said that they don't expect the Supplemental draft to be affected much this year. I just don't think many of the notable players will change their mind purely. I mean if Etienne, Hubbard or Devonte Smith came out I would sprint to turn in a 1st round pick for them. But none of these guys are going to get the ability to really go through the process and sell teams on themselves. I mean at best they'll get one meeting and a makeshift pro day where no one can actually go and watch. Plus you have to think most teams will be overall happy with their roster as of right now. So the value for these potential high guys will plummet. Just doesn't make sense.

Plus I really want Smith next year but I think the team needs this year to see if they need another WR.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    I mean I won't complain at all if we pick him up. I'm completely OK with clearly establishing an identity on the team and if that means we've got a billion good CBs I'm cool. Just feels a little excessive to have 45mil plus in 4 CBs.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 05-15-2020 at 10:46 AM.

Does anybody here think, behind a better OL, that Rosen can seriously compete with Tua to be the legit #2 behind Fitzpatrick? I'm not talking because of Tua's injury. I'm talking straight football . . . . can Rosen beat Tua as #2 QB for this year?

I personally think he can, and I think he could/should be given a fair opportunity to try and upend Fitzpatrick as the starter at some point in 2020 (if MIA starts off super again).

I love Tua, and I want him to be a starter in 2021 . . . I honestly don't want him seeing the field at all in 2020, unless injuries force him to start.

A Tua/Rosen QB room is not bad at all in 2021. I really hope MIA doesn't trade Rosen in the next year or two. With Tua's injury history, it would be smart to have another young QB on the roster to help spark the team in that event.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    If you go to the Dolphins sub reddit you'll see a million posts about the Jersey taking til October 6th.

I think right now they're just throwing it out there in case it really does take that long. Kinda like Amazon saying they're only shipping essentials and then it shows up the next day.
    New date for shipment is mid September... Has anyone heard or seen something different... Pissed because they should already have the Tua jersey with #1 for being picked in the 1st round...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Does anybody here think, behind a better OL, that Rosen can seriously compete with Tua to be the legit #2 behind Fitzpatrick? I'm not talking because of Tua's injury. I'm talking straight football . . . . can Rosen beat Tua as #2 QB for this year?

I personally think he can, and I think he could/should be given a fair opportunity to try and upend Fitzpatrick as the starter at some point in 2020 (if MIA starts off super again).

I love Tua, and I want him to be a starter in 2021 . . . I honestly don't want him seeing the field at all in 2020, unless injuries force him to start.

A Tua/Rosen QB room is not bad at all in 2021. I really hope MIA doesn't trade Rosen in the next year or two. With Tua's injury history, it would be smart to have another young QB on the roster to help spark the team in that event.
    Rosen should be the back-up... Give Tua the whole 20' season off...

Rosen is too cheap to trade... Best case scenario, if Fitz gets hurt Rosen steps in and the Phins end up with another top 10 pick and potentially a top 10 pick with the Texans pick...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Does anybody here think, behind a better OL, that Rosen can seriously compete
    I just don't think he has the fire to compete with any starter (Tua would be starting if there was no hip injury)... He's also too young to be a productive back-up... IMO, if they want to trade him (which I don't want because of how cheap he is), send him someplace where he may have a shot competing for #1 spot...

Reggie Lewis

Rosen just isn't good. It's just super obvious to see at this point in his career. Sure he'll be better with a good team around him, but that doesn't fix poor accuracy and timing issues. I don't think he performs even remotely close enough to pass Tua in similar situations. I liked Rosen coming out of college, but Tua is one of the best QB's I've seen as a prospect.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 05-22-2020 at 11:13 PM.

Assuming Tua's hip is good enough to go this year, the reason he might be still sitting anyway is because he has things to learn so as not to take a lot of abuse while learning. Primarily, when to extend a play and when it is over and time to throw it away. Better he looks at that using film of FitzPatrick and / or Rosen than his own film. Let the line improve and let him learn that part of the game as well as anything else he needs and slot him in as your starter for next Sept.
    But of course there will be immense pressure to play him, chants of Tua every time a couple of picks are thrown and the line might improve later this year. What do they do then? I think Flores can still handle that correctly.
    What if Ross is also eager to see his shiny new toy on the field in November or December?

I don't want Tua seeing the field until we have 3 of the 5 o lineman solidified. We have an extremely young and raw o line and I'm not risking putting the face of the franchise behind said o line until they become a solid unit. I've had this as a red shirt year for Tua for the beginning which is why he was a perfect choice for us this season. We have the grizzled veteran in Fitz on a cheap 1 yr deal and Rosen as well. If the o line isn't getting the job done and Fitz gets hurt then put Rosen in. I don't want Tua getting the David Carr treatment.

Keep in mind I'm also hoping for like a 6 win season at best so this also plays in to the idea of letting Tua sit all season.

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast