Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    You guys know Tannehill isnt on the team anymore right? We dont have to argue about him?

In actual Dolphins news Grier said he expects Fitz back next year.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    Nope, he didn't deserve it especially since Lamar couldn't even throw last year.
    Here you go!! “Lamar couldn’t even throw last year”

I have literally not twisted anything to fit my narrative. I gave you that statistics you saw the statistics and don't like what you see because it busts your argument of Tannehill being a more improved player than Lamar from the 2018 season to the 2019 season.
    What does Lamar being behind Flacco have anything to do with being more improved from 2018 to 2019? If anything it furthers my point!!! By your logic Tannehill regressed as a qb from 2018 to 2019 because he wasn't starting weeks 1-5.

Lamar could always throw the ball, I never said he couldn't. His touch passes were an issue in 2018 big time.... Show me where I said Lamar learned how to throw in 1 off season.
    It appears you like deflecting quite a bit and use the same line of "you really don't know football."

Maybe you;re the one who doesn't know football
    Being a rookie behind a vet one year and then the starter the next doesn’t make you most improved. It makes you unleashed and able to do more things. So every QB that did the same as Lamar should win most improved? Rodgers? Brady? Favre? I can go on but it’s a waste of time with you and your vast knowledge of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    You guys know Tannehill isnt on the team anymore right? We dont have to argue about him?

I hope so, he’s great for this team!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx19 View Post
    Here you go!! “Lamar couldn’t even throw last year”
    Sheet - I did say that.

Being a rookie behind a vet one year and then the starter the next doesn’t make you most improved. It makes you unleashed and able to do more things. So every QB that did the same as Lamar should win most improved? Rodgers? Brady? Favre? I can go on but it’s a waste of time with you and your vast knowledge of the game.

If they improved the most then yeah, obviously.

Was Lamar Jackson in the MVP conversation in 2018? No. Is he in the MVP conversation in 2019 after setting the record for most rushing yards by a qb? Yes.

You even agreed with me and said Tannehill shouldn't have won it when you said Parker should've.

If they improved the most then yeah, obviously.

Was Lamar Jackson in the MVP conversation in 2018? No. Is he in the MVP conversation in 2019 after setting the record for most rushing yards by a qb? Yes.

You even agreed with me and said Tannehill shouldn't have won it when you said Parker should've.
    Tannehill wasn't in the convo for MVP either in 2018, 2017, 2016....

I do agree with you, just not with who should've won it. That doesn't change that Tannehill won the award, which in honesty is the only fact in our argument and not opinion. People with much more knowledge and info about football than myself and you made the call, not us. GO DOLPHINS!!!!!
    Last edited by Maxx19; 01-23-2020 at 02:22 PM.

Barry has gone nuts the past two days with a ton of insight. A few things regarding FA's

The Dolphins basically have until week 1 until Wilson, Reshad and Kilgore have their contracts guaranteed for the season. So we can basically take all three into training camp and have them battle it out and release them last minute if we want to. Wilson you get the most cap relief by releasing him but Kilgore only cost 3 mil. So we can basically look to find his replacement before we move on from him and Reshad. Although Grier praised Kilgore a lot today he finished his answer with "For us, we expect him to be here, but we’ll see."

The team is looking to add around 4 starting caliber OLineman. Jesse Davis hasn't been told if he'll be a starter yet, but he'll be a part of the team obviously.

Barry is also saying that Bobby might move back to Nickel, which frees up the FS position.

The team was impressed with CB Trae Hayes and WR Isaiah Ford over the last few weeks of the season and expect to give both a good look in the offseason.

The team would like to keep safety Kevin Colbert but will place a low tender on him. The team also wasn't sure about Raekwon when the season started but now think he can fit well into the rebuild and might look to get a long term deal done soon.

And probably the biggest thing: One player said nobody was very upset about the dismissal of offensive coordinator Chad O’Shea because some (not all) didn’t like his play-calling. They liked O’Shea personally. It's one of those weird things since most of us felt like that was the best part of the team last year. You also have to think that Flores didn't like his teaching style since that was the main thing he talked about with all of the new coaches.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-24-2020 at 01:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post

Lol you brought him up, and started the whole thing, you knew where that would go.

Literally everyone in the Dolphins fandom was discussing Tannehill. I didnt think it would turn into a full blown arguement. We all agreed he was fine but it was time to look for an upgrade.

Btw in more news, the Dolphins are hiring Cal Defensive backs coach Gerald Alexander as the teams new DB coach. Another young up and comer that has a lot of respect by his peers.

Gerald Alexander is another great college hire, dude really helped the CAL secondary

It's so weird how Flo is building the two sides of the ball. The defensive side is all young gun college coached that have a great history of developing great college units. Obviously the high school coach is still a little weird but I legitimately enjoy how Flo has gone down this creative path and hasnt just brought in old fart football coaches that expect people to know what to do.

Then the offensive side you have Gailey lol.

But Alexander is great and I would absolutely love if he brought in Ashtyn Davis. Dude is a stud at Safety. I feel super confident in the future of the secondary with Flo, Boyer and now Alexander.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-24-2020 at 09:40 PM.

I am not going to add more to the topic but the reason Lamar Jackson did not win comeback player of the year is because it was his 2nd season in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I am not going to add more to the topic but the reason Lamar Jackson did not win comeback player of the year is because it was his 2nd season in the NFL.
    I totally agree! However, we were discussing most improved which Tannehill also won.

I also do agree this topic is beating a dead horse and we should be talking about the Phins future not past on this thread.
    Last edited by Maxx19; 01-26-2020 at 10:17 AM.

I totally agree! However, we were discussing most improved which Tannehill also won.

I also do agree this topic is beating a dead horse and we should be talking about the Phins future not past on this thread.
    Has there ever been a 2nd year player to win most improved?

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast