Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Yea so that means we'll hire the RBs coach from FIU to be the DC.

Btw how we feeling if Tannehill wins the Super Bowl this year? Personally I'll be happy for him when it happens. This Ravens game is also selling me on the idea of signing Conklin and Henry. Just imagine this dominant run game in the Miami heat.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-11-2020 at 11:15 PM.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Tannehill has 3 TDs against the Ravens and has had two perfect TD throws dropped. Hes not going to carry an offense but hes being put into a perfect situation where he just has to be super efficient. Just dont ask him to throw for 300 to win the game.

I miss him so god damn much and I need Tua to replace this hole in my heart.

I was never a Tannehill fan for the Dolphins but I am rooting for him. I never disliked him as a person.

I have watched enough of him with the Titans to think he is playing better than he did with the Dolphins, could be that he has learned on the job or it could be the Dolphins was so dysfunctional that it was hampering him.

Either way he still doesn't look like a stud or anything, make no mistake its Derrick Henry that is carrying this team, but Tannehill is still playing well within the team.

There has been many players who struggled early in their career to blossom in the later years of their career. Maybe Tannehill will be one of those QB's.

Tannehill was on the up here as well till Gase came and the style he wanted to run just didn't work with Tannehill. Titians are playing to the best of him and they fit well as he's always been a good play action QB and with how great Derrick Henry is playing it doesn't make it hard to see why they are doing well.

Armando pointed it out that 2016 was actually a pretty similar style from Tannehill. Obviously had Jay running well, offensive line was holding up, and for the most part Tannehill just feasted on play action deep shots. Only difference is that the Titans are much more consistent on offense and can sustain drives.

More #Giants assistants coming together: QB coach is expected to be Jerry Schuplinski, sources said. Was assistant QB coach for the #Dolphins, who will let him reunite with Joe Judge. Schuplinski was with the #Patriots 2013-18.

I said this in the Gailey thread, but I really want to know why Gtaham and Schu want to just make a lateral move. Is it that they dont like Flo? And on the flip side why is Flores rebuilding half of his coaching staff after one year? Did he not like the guys from the get go and just settled for them? Or is he letting Graham and Schu go purely because he thinks they're replaceable and if that's the case why were they here to begin with?

Graham I understand being he is from Mass and he was just there in 2017 as the DL coach. Schuplinski did get a slight promotion to QB coach from just assistant.

I read somewhere that being we hired Flores after the SB, that he couldn't hire the staff he wanted due to mostly everyone being hired beforehand?

mlombardiNFL
    Best friends with Joe.

Seems Schuplinski and Judge are best friends. Hence the move. So neither guy leaving are red flags IMO or anything like that.

Graham is also getting the assistant HC job. So a better title and more money probably.

I'm not saying the sky is falling, but I am concerned with this much turnover. A part of it is good because Flores is willing to look for upgrades even on the coaching staff. But the fact that he made this many mistakes or felt like they were replaceable is a concern with his initial analysis. It makes me concerned about the replacements hes bringing in.

Im def worried about the staff going forward, im team flores fanboy, but i saw how gase and philbin built their staffs with under experienced coaches, who were unproven and it didnt work out.

What worries me most is with the amount of young players on the team, and young players that will be coming in, i hope we have the right staff to develop them.

With that said, i dont think we lost anything too big, besides shae.

I'm not too concerned about the staff as a whole. I think Gailey was a decent hire to run a much easier system for young guys to learn and grasp. O'Shea has not been picked up by any other team yet for any position . . . something smells about his release.

Flores is the shot caller on defense, and Boyer is a fine replacement for Graham.

The HC is locked in place, he hired an experienced OC to help on that side of the ball (also experience as former HC), promoted a guy he obviously trusts in Boyer to run the D. We're in decent shape at the coaching level.

RapSheet
    Another interesting hire for Brian Flores from the college ranks: The #Dolphins are hiring #Michigan LBs coach Anthony Campanile for a position coach job on the defense, source said. He was Boston College’s co-DC in 2018.
    Young guy only 37.

He got a few offers to be a DC in college. Just like a lot of our other hires he's never coached in the NFL.

As a Michigan fan I can say the LB's were rarely the problem. They've probably been my favorite unit on the team the past few seasons.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast