Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    I cant imagine it, but I never thought Manning would play elsewhere either. I could easily see Brady making a LeBron like move to LA to start the next step of his life. And the Chargers are a legitimate roster already outside of a few small pieces.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

I think Brady wants to get paid this time. supposedly the Pats offering him 30M a year

Chargers have a ton of holes on offense

Coming to Miami 2021

More and more people are talking about Melvin Gordon going to Miami. It was rumored a lot last year and its picking up steam again.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    More and more people are talking about Melvin Gordon going to Miami. It was rumored a lot last year and its picking up steam again.
    Gross

I really think the Gordon stuff is mainly just Twitter people talking. Barry reported months ago about Drake that the team doesnt want to spend much in RB. I'm sure they like Gordon but I dont see him taking a cheap deal.

I can't say I'd be upset if the Phins got Gordon, but if Grier and Flores stay with the route of finding talent off the street let's say at RB, than I'd rather bring in someone hungry who wants to work their *** off...

The OL is another year away from getting their sh** together anyways so bringing in a talented vet would IMO only cause issues...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

I'm torn on Gordon because I think hes an alright back that could do well for us, but I just hate spending money on a RB. Although signing him frees you up to not draft someone super early so you can use those picks elsewhere.

The domestic abuse charges against Xavien Howard have been dropped. He doesnt have to deal with any other legal issues but he can still be in trouble with the league.

And now to add to the Melvin Gordon talk, there's reports that Gurley might be getting shopped by the Rams and Miami might be a potential team. Someone floated the idea of the Rams possibly including a pick with Gurley just to get rid of his contract.

I'd 100% take a Osweiler type move to trade for Gurley if it got us a 2nd.

I dont see us going anywhere near gordon, rivers made him look a lot better than he actually is, but if rams wanted to salary dump gurley, i think we would be all over it depending on ths pick, i dont even know what picks rams have to trade.

They've got everything besides their first along with three fourths. So I'd be interested in something like their 2nd for a 5th from us just to dump Gurley's salary. Hell I'd even just take Gurley and dump him if we don't want it. You'd get a massive savings if you just used that pick to land an Olineman or use it to move up for Tua.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    They've got everything besides their first along with three fourths. So I'd be interested in something like their 2nd for a 5th from us just to dump Gurley's salary. Hell I'd even just take Gurley and dump him if we don't want it. You'd get a massive savings if you just used that pick to land an Olineman or use it to move up for Tua.
    The whole not contending again this year and taking another year also just allows us to pick from the scrap heap this year at a position like RB, to allow for an extra pick at oline, for example. You'd like a year for a guy to learn, but at RB, if you're spending a fairly high pick anyway, you have to expect he's plug and play ready. I guess what I'm saying is there's no real pressure on the Dolphins to find a stud RB this year anyway, at least not as much as finding oline talent.

How long will gurleys contract effect our cap space?

As for drafting a rb, i could def see us drafting one, cant hurt to start developing one now. Most college rbs have a long learning curve for nfl blocking assignments.

Kenyan Drake being a great example of that.

Also im not really buying the whole were not contending until after this coming season. We may not spend recklessly, but were still going to try to win.

And no way in hell is flores going to allow this team to be the worst rushing team in the nfl.

I want nothing to do with Gurley. LAR refused to roll with him for a majority of the season to save his knees. This was a team that was only a year removed from the SB because they rode him there. The fact that they are willing to potentially trade him is a red flag. Melvin Gordon is not worth the contract he will get either. I'd rather sign a cheap RB like Howard or even Gore again.

If LAR wants to trade him while attaching their 2nd rd pick, for say our 3rd or comp 4th (no way they take a 5th, sorry), then it might be worth considering. But even then I am hesitant.

I should clarify that I absolutely do not want Gurley. I'm just completely against paying for a vet RB. Travis Wingfield brought up the interesting argument that you pay a RB and use picks on more expensive positions but I just think you can find a good player for cheap in the 3rd or 4th easily.

But if LA is just looking to dump his salary I'm game. Give us the 52nd pick and we send back the Talib pick. Gurley's contract hurts the next two years but has an easy out in 2022 with only a 4.2 mil dead cap. Get Gurley and just run him into the ground these next two years then cut him in 2022. This helps give you an immediate upgrade to the run game and just kicks the can down the road for the RB position.

Even though I hate expensive RBs getting a high pick for him is well worth it. Gurley is still a stud when he can actually play so it's not quite like the Osweiler trade where its straight up just buying a pick.

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast