Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Has there ever been a 2nd year player to win most improved?
    I donít know? That was one of my thoughts against Lamar winning it. Most players improve from their rookie year.

In one of the weirder ways to see a leak happen, Fox Sports Mexico is reporting that we'll play the Pats in Mexico City next year. This will probably replace the London trip next year for us.

Edit: Now people are coming out saying it's not true. Seems weird that they would decide this months before the schedule is made.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-28-2020 at 05:40 PM.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Tony Pauline reported for PFN that the two names he continues to hear in regards to Tom Brady is Miami and LAC. He also reported that he keeps hearing that Tom might be interested in buying a partial ownership stake in the team after he retires.

It would be the most Miami thing of all time for the team to reset the timeline of the franchise by tanking a year only to sign the guy who spent the past 20 years making our lives miserable. And of course that's on top of the fact that he wants to get PAID and hes just not that good anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Tony Pauline reported for PFN that the two names he continues to hear in regards to Tom Brady is Miami and LAC. He also reported that he keeps hearing that Tom might be interested in buying a partial ownership stake in the team after he retires.

It would be the most Miami thing of all time for the team to reset the timeline of the franchise by tanking a year only to sign the guy who spent the past 20 years making our lives miserable. And of course that's on top of the fact that he wants to get PAID and hes just not that good anymore.
    I'm convinced they want Fitzpatrick back. And I think if they had the choice between 1 year of Fitz, or 2 years of Brady . . . I think they are taking Fitz. I think they are dead-set on a QB this year, and two years of Brady will not improve that situation. Now if Fitz decides to retire, then all bets are out the door. Although I honestly believe they would draft a QB and let that rookie battle Rosen for the starting spot and have another year of low expectations, but high potential for 2021.

Well Fitz was around the media today and confirmed he'll be back next year with the team.

The whole Brady to Miami thing feels like it's really coming from Bradys camp. I'm sure he'd like to play here but theres no reason when you already have a bridge QB in Fitz.

Then thereís the Bruce Beal factor. The partner of Dolphins owner Stephen Ross*has an option to buy the team*whenever Ross decides to sell it. Some believe Ross may decide to sell much sooner than later, with Beal buying the team and selling a sliver of it to Brady. (At least one league source has suggested that a sale to Beal is possible not long after Miamiís concludes its Super Bowl hosting duties.)

Found this in article from PFT

Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross: ďI have no interest in selling the team. Zero. Got it? That I can tell you. People can write what they want to write. Iím going to own it till I die.Ē

Ross also said that he doesn't understand why Brady would want to come to a rebuilding team.

When asked about Tua, he said he thinks Tua is a great player but he's worried about the injuries. But the coaches and team will make the final decision after they look at the alternatives.

Just a few little tidbits before the big game today.

It seems like there are three specific teams looking at Brady. Pat's are willing g to pay 30mil a year to keep him and spend on weapons. And it seems like LAC and the Raiders are both going to go hard for him.

Obviously it would be great if the he went to the Chargers because it would eliminate another team possibly trading up. And as CK pointed out earlier today, if the Chargers are going hard on Brady that doesnt have the feel of a team willing to trade up for an injured QB.

The interesting part is if he goes to the Raiders. Derek Carr had an easy contract to get out of right now so he could be cut or traded easily. Obviously we have Reggie McKenzie in the front office so you'd have to imagine that the conversation would at least come up about him. Personally I think Carr is a terrible QB but itll be interesting to see what happens.

I find Carr to be underated myself, he had a very good season. Yeah he is limited but he is good over wise but I would have zero interest in him being he will be 29 next season. I could see him landing with the Pats though if Brady did leave.

I'd prefer Stafford a million times more than Carr. But I want neither. Mahomes showed tonight that an Elite QB will always give you a chance to win the game no matter how bad it looks.

I also think Ross's comments this week kinda shot down the idea of going for a vet QB. The team clearly likes Fitz so they're not looking for a bridge and Ross has repeatedly stated it's a rebuilding team.

Chiefs won because of the refs but Mahomes did pretty much carry them in the game along with Chris Jones

Chargers getting Brady won't stop them from going QB. they would still go QB and still try to trade up. Brady is 42 and he makes it so they won't be drafting high again. I would prefer the Raiders to get him because Carr traded to a team like the Panthers would stop them from trading up. I would prefer Carr over Stafford. I think the Lions and Redskins both would be dumb to pass on Tua

best halftime show ever by a mile

Coming to Miami 2021

Brady talk is weird. I don't want Brady on our team but I also want to win

Coming to Miami 2021

Brady isnt going anywhere, i cant believe people actually think theres a chance in hell he goes to another team, pats are notoriously cheap, and he knows bellichek wont want to give him the big payday he wants, so hes trying to build leverage.

Thats all thats going on.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Brady isnt going anywhere, i cant believe people actually think theres a chance in hell he goes to another team, pats are notoriously cheap, and he knows bellichek wont want to give him the big payday he wants, so hes trying to build leverage.

Thats all thats going on.
    My thoughts too, but I did think the same thing about Jerry Rice and Joe Montana at the time.

Still, I agree with you - I just don't see him playing for another team. Leverage, nothing more.

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast