Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    flasportsbuzz
    LB Hanks, safety Hartage, long snapper Pepper and RB Perrine cut by Fins

RIP to Dolphins legend Taybor Pepper. The only man who could replace the previous dolphin legend John Denney

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Dolphins sign Safety Kavon Frazier, who played for the Dallas Cowboys for four seasons.

Frazier, 25, will compete in a loaded Dolphins secondary for playing time at safety. He played 44 games with two starts with the Cowboys, finishing with 67 tackles, four tackles for loss and one quarterback hit while logging more than half of Dallas’ special teams snaps in 2017 and 2018.
    Frazier, a former sixth-round pick from Central Michigan, played in only four games last season after suffering a pectoral tear in late September.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 04-27-2020 at 12:25 AM.

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!

Jerry Jones traded himself to the Dolphins, says he now wants to be apart of a relevant football franchise. 😁😂

The team has waived Taco Charlton. Have to imagine Charles Harris is coming soon.

That puts ups at 89 so maybe we are signing someone.

We signed another UDFA, OT from some small school.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    The team has waived Taco Charlton. Have to imagine Charles Harris is coming soon.
    Really? I think we give him another year, being that we were the ones that drafted him and all. I'd be surprised to let him go.

FWIW Taco might've had 5 sacks but he was a healthy scratch for the last 4 games of the season and PFF gave him a grade of 51. Charles Harris had a 62.5 grade, 60 being average. I don't think we move on from Harris. They're both 25.
    BRUH

Charles Harris traded to ATL for 2021 7th rd pick.

Here's something interesting to think about.

in 2021, MIA will have $72M in cap space, with only a couple players needing to potentially be re-signed.

DT Davon Godchaux (A definte re-sign. Geat player in our scheme)
    WR Albert Wilson (will probably not be re-signed unless he breaks out this year and plays 14+ games)
    RB Matt Breida (if the coach likes him)
    LBs Vince Beigel & Raekwon McMillan (i'd be okay signing either one. Just not sure I'd resign both)
    P Matt Haack (I actually like him a lot and would want him re-signed)

All of our free agents that we recently signed this year are spaced perfectly, with contracts ending in a staggered pattern between 2023-2025. Perfect for deciding to extend our rookie contracts these next two years.

I am in football love with what Flores and Grier have done since last year with drafting and contracts. Patience will be needed but this team is really set-up for consistent success for the next 5+ years, especially if we hit on Tua. Super excited.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Charles Harris traded to ATL for 2021 7th rd pick.
    Actually magic to get ANYTHING for Harris. 3.5 sacks over 3 years is incredibly terrible espcially from a 1st round pick.

I loved Harris when we drafted him and thought he had enough moves to be able to transition well. But he just never had the physicality to play the position which ruined all of his confidence. Just started over thinking every play. I have never seen a player get close to so many sacks only to be off by a second.

I hated the Harris pick... I really wanted to build the OL especially after they landed Tunsil in 16'...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

"They obviously coveted him and Barnett from the beginning, which says they wanted defensive pass rush in the 1st... I'd rather that than going with the BPA...

Now I hope they did their HW and get some more quality for needed positions the next 2 days...

Side note... I'm interested in the Steelers TJ Watt pick... I respect teams who have a drafting system..."

That was actually my first post regarding the Harris pick...

I guess I didn't mention anything about bulking up the OLine in that draft...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

It happens. Everyone has terrible picks. Harris was highly rated in the draft and fit what Gase wanted from his pass rushers. The only problem is that Gase's scheme was designed to play with a lead and his offense never had one.

That 2017 draft is rough to look at but just looking over the other 3 drafts for Grier and they're pretty decent. He's pretty much batting .500 which gives good hope for making 11 picks in a single draft. My only problem is that when he misses, he REALLY misses. You're either a starter or cut after camp.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Here's something interesting to think about.

in 2021, MIA will have $72M in cap space, with only a couple players needing to potentially be re-signed.

DT Davon Godchaux (A definte re-sign. Geat player in our scheme)
    WR Albert Wilson (will probably not be re-signed unless he breaks out this year and plays 14+ games)
    RB Matt Breida (if the coach likes him)
    LBs Vince Beigel & Raekwon McMillan (i'd be okay signing either one. Just not sure I'd resign both)
    P Matt Haack (I actually like him a lot and would want him re-signed)

All of our free agents that we recently signed this year are spaced perfectly, with contracts ending in a staggered pattern between 2023-2025. Perfect for deciding to extend our rookie contracts these next two years.

I am in football love with what Flores and Grier have done since last year with drafting and contracts. Patience will be needed but this team is really set-up for consistent success for the next 5+ years, especially if we hit on Tua. Super excited.
    Say what you want about a few of the picks and free agents, but I think that Grier is implementing his plan PERFECTLY. The way he's handled these past two offseasons gives him an A+ even if I didn't love some of the players.

To me there's 5 steps that you have to execute on in order to properly rebuild the roster. Step 1: reset your books and acquire as much ammo as possible for coming seasons. Step 2: draft your franchise QB. Step 3: rebuild your trenches. Step 4: establish an identity. Step 5: sell out to acquire talented playmakers.

As long as we hit on MOST of the new players we've brought in then I think we've got everything up to step 5. We still have a ton of cap for next year and now have 10 picks in next years draft. Still a ton of ammo to continue to rebuild the team. Obviously have Tua so step 2 looks good to go. Step 3 looks fixed at least defensively. I'm still worried about the oline just because I'm afraid that we have too many guys that need some work as pass blockers and I just have no faith in the team to ever develop an olineman. But Kindley and Hunt both look like high floor guys, where I'm not sure if they'll ever be great pass blockers, but they won't be Dallas Thomas or Michael Dieter bad.

Step 4 is 100% established. On offense we're going to have a very vertical passing attack with an Oline built to run the ball. Again I'm still worried about the pass blocking, but the run blocking should see a complete 180. And on defense we've built a dominant man to man scheme.

Next year continue to patch holes and sell out to get Tua his playmakers.

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast