Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    If he signs with Miami it will be on the cheap so I'm cool if it happens. Completely fixes the RB position for this year so we can address other needs.

Btw more and more people were talking about Tua to LAC today.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Loved watching gurley, but that knee is shot, hes better off taking the season off and waiting until a rb needy teams calls him up around mid season.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Loved watching gurley, but that knee is shot, hes better off taking the season off and waiting until a rb needy teams calls him up around mid season.
    He just signed with the Falcons. Cheap contract so makes sense for both parties. He played ball in Georgia as well, so a home coming of sorts for Gurley.

I'd have liked him on that salary but I'm also very comfortable going into the season with Howard and a draft pick, who's younger and presumably has two working knees.

Gurley is nice and all, but his knee will not hold up for a season of 250 carries or more. he is now going to be part of a split backfield moving forward wherever he goes. But teams knew that concern coming out of college too.

Also, Howard is a load carrying RB. He can get 15-20 touches per game easy. Don't discount Laird being our change of pace back going into next season. This FO could be happy with Howard and Laird and Ballage. Maybe a Cam Akers in the 3rd? Who knows.

Any news on the OL?

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Gurley is nice and all, but his knee will not hold up for a season of 250 carries or more. he is now going to be part of a split backfield moving forward wherever he goes. But teams knew that concern coming out of college too.

Also, Howard is a load carrying RB. He can get 15-20 touches per game easy. Don't discount Laird being our change of pace back going into next season. This FO could be happy with Howard and Laird and Ballage. Maybe a Cam Akers in the 3rd? Who knows.
    Its very hard for me to imagine a scenario where ballage is still on this roster.

I think were gonna draft a rb, this draft has some serious studs at that position.

I like laird also, but he just really lacks athletism. I like gaskins too, but hes so small. I see them battling it out for a roster spot.

New england usually keepa 4 rbs on their game day roster, well see if we follow the same mold.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    Any news on the OL?
    They probably sign one more depth player but at the moment it looks like they're focusing on the draft now. Karras and Flowers seem to be the only major signings.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Its very hard for me to imagine a scenario where ballage is still on this roster.

I think were gonna draft a rb, this draft has some serious studs at that position.

I like laird also, but he just really lacks athletism. I like gaskins too, but hes so small. I see them battling it out for a roster spot.

New england usually keepa 4 rbs on their game day roster, well see if we follow the same mold.
    I could definitely see Ballage getting cut after training camp. The dude showed absolutely nothing when given a chance.
    Think it'll depend on who we end up drafting and if we target a guy or someone slides etc, this team has made it clear that whoever they feel is playing better gets the starts and the time, etc. If Ballage just isn't getting it done, he's gone.
    BRUH

so anyone else see that Clowney turned down $17M/yr from the Phins? The guy is still expecting $20M. I don't want him now, but that would have a been a huge get for us. Oh well. We have a solid rotation of guys now.

Seems no one is interested in him at 20 mil. Would be funny if he circles around back to us when he realizes hes not even gonna get 17 mil.

He's not worth close to $20M. I mean, good for him if he can get it, but they guy is a glorified edge-setting DE. He will probably get signed sometimes after the draft by a team desperate for DE help.

I'd come back and offer him a 1yr, $15M gauranteed contract right now if I were the Phins. And if he excels in Flores' system, extend the guy. He's still a disruptive player, just doesn't finish the pressures he gets.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    He's not worth close to $20M. I mean, good for him if he can get it, but they guy is a glorified edge-setting DE. He will probably get signed sometimes after the draft by a team desperate for DE help.

I'd come back and offer him a 1yr, $15M gauranteed contract right now if I were the Phins. And if he excels in Flores' system, extend the guy. He's still a disruptive player, just doesn't finish the pressures he gets.
    Two things.
    1) Apparently Seahawks offered 18.5 per year. No idea on length or guarantees. Nor do I know the length and guarantees for Fins deal. But if I'm clowney, I'm staying on a winning team with russell wilson and not having to move again and getting more money.
    2) He's holding out because the guy is like... I want 20... Fins have a boatload of cap. They offered me 17. They can easily go up the extra 10-15% and pay me the 20M I want. So I get that. We still have so much cap space, just sign the dude to 2/40 and put all the guarantees in year one and year two only like 5M.

On to something else, lots of place mocking Cam Newton to us. I don't see the fit however. He needs to go compete for a starting gig in Washington. Maybe Cincy, who knows if Burrows starts day 1. He doesn't have much left to be a bonafide starter, has to seize the moment. I'm pretty sure 2-3 years from now he'll be Lamar's backup in Baltimore for 2-3 years into his mid 30's until he eventually retires.
    BRUH

ESPN's Josina Anderson reports the Texans and contract-year LT Laremy Tunsil have "exchanged preliminary proposals" on a long-term extension.
    Per the Houston Chronicle's Aaron Wilson, the Texans offered Tunsil $18.5 million per year on their initial proposal, but Tunsil has balked at it and is looking for significantly more. Anthony Castonzo is currently the highest-paid left tackle in the game at $16.5 million annually, while Lane Johnson is the top-paid overall tackle at $18 million per year. Whatever happens, Tunsil is going to be the highest-paid tackle when all is said and done. Tunsil doesn't turn 26 until August and essentially holds the ball in his court after the Texans gave up a pair of first-round picks and a second-rounder for him, along with Kenny Stills, last summer.
    Wow... I'm very glad to have the draft picks instead of paying tunsil $20 million a year. No way he's worth that kind of commitment.

Didnt he commit something like 10 penalties last year? Hes a hell of a LT but I dont think hes a dominant guy like Tyron Smith was at his age.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Didnt he commit something like 10 penalties last year? Hes a hell of a LT but I dont think hes a dominant guy like Tyron Smith was at his age.
    He led the league with 18 penalties. Yes. 18, you read that right.

Did only allow 3 sacks but would be alot more if not for holding calls and what not.

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast