Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 191
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx19 View Post
    Then why did the titans make the change at QB?
    Iíve been a Phins fan for a long time and I also believe it was Tannehillís time to go in Miami. Saying that, if you think Tannehill didnít make the titans a better team, than either you donít know football or youíre just blinded by Tanne-hate.
    The team started off bad, Mariotta wasn't getting it done, they inserted Tannehill and the team started playing better. Its similar to what happen in Carolina except Cam Newton got injured. Kyle Allen came in and the team won 5 of 6 games under Kyle Allen. I don't think anyone thought Kyle Allen was a better QB but it was working until it wasn't working.

    I am not sure how much credit Tannehill gets for the team winning but if I am the Titans I am running Tannehill out there instead of Mariotto, It was my argument why the Dolphins should of used Matt Moore instead of a not ready rookie Ryan Tannehill. My only issue with Tannehill is he is a free agent, I think there is a good chance the Titans will be paying him a lot of money for a QB that will likely not live up to the results of this season.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    1,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    The team started off bad, Mariotta wasn't getting it done, they inserted Tannehill and the team started playing better. Its similar to what happen in Carolina except Cam Newton got injured. Kyle Allen came in and the team won 5 of 6 games under Kyle Allen. I don't think anyone thought Kyle Allen was a better QB but it was working until it wasn't working.

    I am not sure how much credit Tannehill gets for the team winning but if I am the Titans I am running Tannehill out there instead of Mariotto, It was my argument why the Dolphins should of used Matt Moore instead of a not ready rookie Ryan Tannehill. My only issue with Tannehill is he is a free agent, I think there is a good chance the Titans will be paying him a lot of money for a QB that will likely not live up to the results of this season.
    He will get paid because hes their starter, but they its pretty clear they dont see him as very good because they did everything possible in the playoffs to limit his decision making and how often he threw.

    So clearly they still dont see him as a real franchise qb.

  3. #123
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Palm Springs, FL
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    Because the bar of qb play for the Titans was set extremely low, that's why.

    I think everyone here is in agreement of Tannehill' qb play except for you, Maxx.

    Limit Tannehill's passes to about 20 or less a game. Run the ball around 30 times a game behind a very good o line. This sets up play action which Tannehill excels at. when you do call a passing play get Tannehill out of the pocket since he throws much better outside of the pocket, on the run, rather than inside the pocket. Tannehill is a game manager and hes deserves some props for helping the Titans to get to the AFC Chap game. But this was all Derrick Henry during the playoffs, when the Titans were behind and were forced to throw they failed. Which brings me to Tannehill can't lead you to wins but he usually won't lose you games. I'll say it again - I'd take Tannehill all day on his rookie deal.

    I really feel this should be about the end of the Tannehill discussion. He's an average qb. The pro bowl is awful, half the league makes the pro bowl.
    Actually, you have totally missed my point.As I stated before I don't think Tannehill is a top QB. I am fine with Tannehill being gone and was glad the Phins moved on. My point was if you don't give Tannehill any credit for the Titans making the playoffs then you are blinded by hate.
    Also, if you really truly know playoff football, the smartest thing to do is to shorten the game and run the ball. It has been that way in the playoffs for decades and decades with maybe a few exceptions. Especially if you are up against a great offense/QB.
    I'm also backed by the people that voted Tannehill the COMEBACK Player of the year and the MOST IMPROVED player of the year. But, yeah he didn't do anything and it was all Henry.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    404
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx19 View Post
    Actually, you have totally missed my point.As I stated before I don't think Tannehill is a top QB. I am fine with Tannehill being gone and was glad the Phins moved on. My point was if you don't give Tannehill any credit for the Titans making the playoffs then you are blinded by hate.
    Also, if you really truly know playoff football, the smartest thing to do is to shorten the game and run the ball. It has been that way in the playoffs for decades and decades with maybe a few exceptions. Especially if you are up against a great offense/QB.
    I'm also backed by the people that voted Tannehill the COMEBACK Player of the year and the MOST IMPROVED player of the year. But, yeah he didn't do anything and it was all Henry.
    You're incorrect again.

    I did give Tannehill a little credit but that's all he gets. You saw in the KC game when Titans needed to pass they and Tannehill floundered.

    Comeback player of the year is a solid feather in Tannehill, cap but Most Improved is hands down Lamar Jackson.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Palm Springs, FL
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    The team started off bad, Mariotta wasn't getting it done, they inserted Tannehill and the team started playing better. Its similar to what happen in Carolina except Cam Newton got injured. Kyle Allen came in and the team won 5 of 6 games under Kyle Allen. I don't think anyone thought Kyle Allen was a better QB but it was working until it wasn't working.

    I am not sure how much credit Tannehill gets for the team winning but if I am the Titans I am running Tannehill out there instead of Mariotto, It was my argument why the Dolphins should of used Matt Moore instead of a not ready rookie Ryan Tannehill. My only issue with Tannehill is he is a free agent, I think there is a good chance the Titans will be paying him a lot of money for a QB that will likely not live up to the results of this season.
    Hahaha...you actually used Carolina? Come on man!

  6. #126
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Palm Springs, FL
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    You're incorrect again.

    I did give Tannehill a little credit but that's all he gets. You saw in the KC game when Titans needed to pass they and Tannehill floundered.

    Comeback player of the year is a solid feather in Tannehill, cap but Most Improved is hands down Lamar Jackson.
    Try, Tannehill won it.

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    404
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx19 View Post
    Try, Tannehill won it.
    Nope, he didn't deserve it especially since Lamar couldn't even throw last year.

  8. #128
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Palm Springs, FL
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    Nope, he didn't deserve it especially since Lamar couldn't even throw last year.
    Dude,

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    404
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx19 View Post
    Dude,
    I know - I'm correct.

    Lamar Jackson hands down was the most improved player. If you disagree then provide 2018 and 2019 statistics to back up your opinion for both Lamar and Tannehill. Lamar Jackson turned into a MVP finalist if not the MVP

  10. #130
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Palm Springs, FL
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    I know - I'm correct.

    Lamar Jackson hands down was the most improved player. If you disagree then provide 2018 and 2019 statistics to back up your opinion for both Lamar and Tannehill. Lamar Jackson turned into a MVP finalist if not the MVP
    I'm not doing your work for you, you look up their stats. Don't forget to put the number of games each started per year also and which one played for the better team in 2018 and 2019. Lamar is great and yet still hasn't won in the playoffs. I don't give out or vote on the awards and neither do you. The ones that do, voted Tannehill! Sorry.

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    404
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx19 View Post
    I'm not doing your work for you, you look up their stats. Don't forget to put the number of games each started per year also and which one played for the better team in 2018 and 2019. Lamar is great and yet still hasn't won in the playoffs. I don't give out or vote on the awards and neither do you. The ones that do, voted Tannehill! Sorry.
    You ask and you shall receive. Here are the stats for Tannehill and Jackson's 2018 and 2019 seasons.
    Lamar played for the better team because HE WAS ON THE TEAM. The playoffs aren't in discussion with the disagreement we are having. Don't change the subject and try to stay on course here. Trent Dilfer won a super bowl do you think he's better than Marino? Based off your comment on Lamar not winning in the playoffs, it appears so and that is a terrible take by you.

    Tannehill 2018
    11 Games 1,979 Passing Yards 17 TDs 9 INTs 35 Sacks 4 Fumbles 92.7 Rating 145 Rushing Yards 0 Tds 1 Fumble Lost
    Tannehill 2019
    12 Games 2,742 Passing Yards 22 TDS 6 INTs 31 Sacks 5 Fumbles 117.5 Rating 185 Rushing Yards 4 TDs 0 Fumbles Lost

    Jackson 2018
    16 Games 1,201 Passing Yards 6 TDs 3 INTs 16 Sacks 2 Fumbles 84.5 Rating 695 Rushing Yards 5 TDs 2 Fumbles Lost
    Jackson 2019
    15 Games 3,127 Passing Yards 36 TDs 6 INTs 23 sacks 0 Fumbles 113.3 Rating 1,206 Rushing Yards 7 TDs 2 Fumbles Lost

    Obviously Tannehill's statistics didn't improve nearly as much as Lamar Jackson's did from 2018 to 2019.
    Don't forget to pay attention to games played. Tannehill playing 1 more game in 2019 than he did in 2018 while Lamar played 1 less game in 2019 than 2018 further proves my point on Lama being a more improved player in 2019 than 2018 than Tannehill was.


    Thank you Maxx

  12. #132
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Palm Springs, FL
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    You ask and you shall receive. Here are the stats for Tannehill and Jackson's 2018 and 2019 seasons.
    Lamar played for the better team because HE WAS ON THE TEAM. The playoffs aren't in discussion with the disagreement we are having. Don't change the subject and try to stay on course here. Trent Dilfer won a super bowl do you think he's better than Marino? Based off your comment on Lamar not winning in the playoffs, it appears so and that is a terrible take by you.

    Tannehill 2018
    11 Games 1,979 Passing Yards 17 TDs 9 INTs 35 Sacks 4 Fumbles 92.7 Rating 145 Rushing Yards 0 Tds 1 Fumble Lost
    Tannehill 2019
    12 Games 2,742 Passing Yards 22 TDS 6 INTs 31 Sacks 5 Fumbles 117.5 Rating 185 Rushing Yards 4 TDs 0 Fumbles Lost

    Jackson 2018
    16 Games 1,201 Passing Yards 6 TDs 3 INTs 16 Sacks 2 Fumbles 84.5 Rating 695 Rushing Yards 5 TDs 2 Fumbles Lost
    Jackson 2019
    15 Games 3,127 Passing Yards 36 TDs 6 INTs 23 sacks 0 Fumbles 113.3 Rating 1,206 Rushing Yards 7 TDs 2 Fumbles Lost

    Obviously Tannehill's statistics didn't improve nearly as much as Lamar Jackson's did from 2018 to 2019.
    Don't forget to pay attention to games played. Tannehill playing 1 more game in 2019 than he did in 2018 while Lamar played 1 less game in 2019 than 2018 further proves my point on Lama being a more improved player in 2019 than 2018 than Tannehill was.


    Thank you Maxx
    WHO WON THE AWARD????

    Thank You!!!
    Also Lamar didn't start every game in 2018 man! You are way off on That, FLACCO started 9 of them in 2018, DUH!!!
    Tannehill only started 10 games this season also.
    As you stated that more than just you agree with this viewpoint, my comments are not just directed at you. Matter of fact my original comments were not towards you either.
    I don't think either should of won it, D. Parker was the most improved.
    Last edited by Maxx19; 01-22-2020 at 04:09 PM.

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    404
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx19 View Post
    WHO WON THE AWARD????

    Thank You!!!
    Also Lamar didn't start every game in 2018 man! You are way off on That, FLACCO started 9 of then in 2018, DUH!!!
    As you stated that more than just you agree with this viewpoint, my comments are not just directed at you. Matter of fact my original comments were not towards you either.
    I don't think either should of won it, D. Parker was the most improved.
    I never said he started them haha. You're assisting me in proving my point, thanks man!!

  14. #134
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Palm Springs, FL
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    I never said he started them haha. You're assisting me in proving my point, thanks man!!
    NOPE, wrong again. I asked for games started. Lamar was a rookie behind a vet, not a starter dude. Stop twisting stuff to fit your narrative. Also if you really believe Lamar learned how to throw in one off-season then you really don't know football, cuz he could always rip the rock.
    I also asked which player was on the better overall team in both 2018 and 2019.
    Also, no QB is better than Marino!
    Last edited by Maxx19; 01-22-2020 at 04:48 PM.

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    404
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx19 View Post
    NOPE, wrong again. I asked for games started. Lamar was a rookie behind a vet, not a starter dude. Stop twisting stuff to fit your narrative. Also if you really believe Lamar learned how to throw in one off-season then you really don't know football, cuz he could always rip the rock.
    I also asked which player was on the better overall team in both 2018 and 2019.
    Also, no QB is better than Marino!
    I have literally not twisted anything to fit my narrative. I gave you that statistics you saw the statistics and don't like what you see because it busts your argument of Tannehill being a more improved player than Lamar from the 2018 season to the 2019 season.
    What does Lamar being behind Flacco have anything to do with being more improved from 2018 to 2019? If anything it furthers my point!!! By your logic Tannehill regressed as a qb from 2018 to 2019 because he wasn't starting weeks 1-5.

    Lamar could always throw the ball, I never said he couldn't. His touch passes were an issue in 2018 big time.... Show me where I said Lamar learned how to throw in 1 off season.
    It appears you like deflecting quite a bit and use the same line of "you really don't know football."

    Maybe you;re the one who doesn't know football

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •