Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    so there is now a rumor that we are looking to trade up with WSH prior to the draft. This has to be predicated on Tua's health being check being great. If this is the case, bye bye the extra two 1sts and possibly a 2021 1st. That would hurt hard.

That's already been shot down. The same guy who tweeted that said OBJ is going to Philly, the Bears are shopping Mack, and Tom Brady is going to Dallas.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    How long will gurleys contract effect our cap space?

As for drafting a rb, i could def see us drafting one, cant hurt to start developing one now. Most college rbs have a long learning curve for nfl blocking assignments.

Kenyan Drake being a great example of that.

Also im not really buying the whole were not contending until after this coming season. We may not spend recklessly, but were still going to try to win.

And no way in hell is flores going to allow this team to be the worst rushing team in the nfl.
    Don't confuse not contending with not trying. I'm just saying it looked from the start like a 3 year plan and if that is the case, you don't need to do anything at RB this year that risks your overall philosophy of building (inside out for example). I think they have some positions pegged to craft this year and probably some others to fill with bodies for another year. RB could be the latter, unless a great value falls to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    Don't confuse not contending with not trying. I'm just saying it looked from the start like a 3 year plan and if that is the case, you don't need to do anything at RB this year that risks your overall philosophy of building (inside out for example). I think they have some positions pegged to craft this year and probably some others to fill with bodies for another year. RB could be the latter, unless a great value falls to them.
    I get what your saying and mostly agree with you.

But the nfl is a funny unpredictable league. You think a team is a rebuilding, and a year away, and than suddenly, the team can be ahead of schedule, playing well, injury bug doesnt hit too hard, and suddenly, your in a playoff chase.

We see it all the time. Good coaches, smart coaches, in the nfl, dont really take seasons for granted the way fans do.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    I get what your saying and mostly agree with you.

But the nfl is a funny unpredictable league. You think a team is a rebuilding, and a year away, and than suddenly, the team can be ahead of schedule, playing well, injury bug doesnt hit too hard, and suddenly, your in a playoff chase.

We see it all the time. Good coaches, smart coaches, in the nfl, dont really take seasons for granted the way fans do.
    Very true / possible. Even knowing that I still value a good line more than a running back. With the right guys up front we can make a lot of backs look very good and it helps the QB as well (just like a great back). We've seen some teams ride a great back lately so who knows what the Dolphins are thinking? At least we have options and wiggle room with draft capital and cap room for a change.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213