Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Lets not give credit to Tannehill for Henry. Henry was carrying the ball about 10 times a game before week 13 of the 2018 season. Your not going to get a many 100 yard games carrying the ball 10 times a game. In 2018 when the Titans started giving Henry the bulk of carries the Titans won 3 of the last 4 games.

The Titans went 9-7 last year so its not like Tannehill turned around a scrub team, they started off bad this season and switched to Tannehill and they started winning. You have to give credit to Tannehill for being the leader of the team. I think his arm strength and play action skills have fit well with the team. I do however think its misleading to link Henry success to Tannehill.

I said it when Tannehill was on the Dolphins, you can win with Tannehill but you are not going to win because of Tannehill.

Actually Saquon, Zeke and McCaffrey might have something to say about that.

Then Plague please explain Henryís drastic improvement from weeks 1-6 to 7-17 of this year. Did he start running harder? Henry averaged 3.6 yards the first 6 games and ended 2019 with a 5.1 average. Tannehill helped make the entire offense better, including Henry. Who is a beast and deserves praise, but so does Tannehill.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx19 View Post
    Then Plague please explain Henryís drastic improvement from weeks 1-6 to 7-17 of this year. Did he start running harder? Henry averaged 3.6 yards the first 6 games and ended 2019 with a 5.1 average. Tannehill helped make the entire offense better, including Henry. Who is a beast and deserves praise, but so does Tannehill.

I don't have the simple answer. It's likely not as easy as saying 1 QB made the difference. If you look at Henry first 3 games with Tannehill it was basically the same as the 6 weeks before Tannehill. Henry didnt start hitting his stride until week 10 which was Tannehills 4th week starting. There is likely a lot of moving parts to why Henry started performing like a beast week 10 and not the first 9 weeks of the season.

Oline started to performe better and Tannehill helped the protection calls, Henry started hitting holes instead of looking outside, AJ Brown and Jonnu Smith got more comfortable and formed a chemistry with Tannehill. So all of that started to happen and then the OC realized that if teams sold out to stop Henry that it would open up the PA game and teams were basically forced to either sell out and stop Henry and die by the PA or just let Henry run all over them. Romo pointed out how their offense worked a lot in the game and Cian Fahey has done a lot of breakdowns over the season.

The Titans turnaround has literally been as simple as everyone thinks it's been. The only problem is people are discrediting Tannehills impact. Yes he wasn't asked to carry the offense himself but he was consistently accurate, consistent and their scheme was built perfectly around him. He didnt change who he was, he just went to an offense that fit him and Henry helped fix the two biggest issues Tannehill has always had which was slow started and staying ahead of the chains.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

I think the Titans success was a mix of Brown, Henry and Tannehill's deep ball which is his biggest strength. needed Brown in the Chiefs game and he didn't deliver. the biggest issue with Tannehill is he sucks in the pocket. coming up short with the Titans is kinda big because the Titans are super stacked everywhere

The Titans were 9-7 last year, its not like they were a scrub team.

Tannehill looked like the same scrub hes always been yesterday.

As soon as the score starts running up he cant keep up. And late in the game terrible decision making, and execution. Same qb we saw in miami.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Lets not give credit to Tannehill for Henry. Henry was carrying the ball about 10 times a game before week 13 of the 2018 season. Your not going to get a many 100 yard games carrying the ball 10 times a game. In 2018 when the Titans started giving Henry the bulk of carries the Titans won 3 of the last 4 games.

The Titans went 9-7 last year so its not like Tannehill turned around a scrub team, they started off bad this season and switched to Tannehill and they started winning. You have to give credit to Tannehill for being the leader of the team. I think his arm strength and play action skills have fit well with the team. I do however think its misleading to link Henry success to Tannehill.

I said it when Tannehill was on the Dolphins, you can win with Tannehill but you are not going to win because of Tannehill.
    Exactly. All of it.

The team officially announced the additions to the coaching staff. Everything went as expected, no surprises. The only major thing I noticed is that they didnt mention anything about Caldwell but he is no longer listed on the team site.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

The*Miami Dolphins*and assistant head coach/quarterbacks coach*Jim Caldwell*are parting ways, ESPN's*Cameron Wolfe*reported Monday.

You mean, scrub Probowler Ryan Tannehill.
    Henry and his 70 yards looked even better!
    Last edited by Maxx19; 01-21-2020 at 07:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    Exactly. All of it.
    Then why did the titans make the change at QB?
    Iíve been a Phins fan for a long time and I also believe it was Tannehillís time to go in Miami. Saying that, if you think Tannehill didnít make the titans a better team, than either you donít know football or youíre just blinded by Tanne-hate.
    Last edited by Maxx19; 01-21-2020 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    The team officially announced the additions to the coaching staff. Everything went as expected, no surprises. The only major thing I noticed is that they didnt mention anything about Caldwell but he is no longer listed on the team site.
    It looks like Flores wants better ďteachersĒ of the game.
    OíShea went back to bing a WR coach, I think.
    Plus, if you are ok with roster turnover to look for gems and team fits....why not do the same with the coaching staff? 🤷🏻*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx19 View Post
    Then why did the titans make the change at QB?
    Iíve been a Phins fan for a long time and I also believe it was Tannehillís time to go in Miami. Saying that, if you think Tannehill didnít make the titans a better team, than either you donít know football or youíre just blinded by Tanne-hate.
    Because the bar of qb play for the Titans was set extremely low, that's why.

I think everyone here is in agreement of Tannehill' qb play except for you, Maxx.

Limit Tannehill's passes to about 20 or less a game. Run the ball around 30 times a game behind a very good o line. This sets up play action which Tannehill excels at. when you do call a passing play get Tannehill out of the pocket since he throws much better outside of the pocket, on the run, rather than inside the pocket. Tannehill is a game manager and hes deserves some props for helping the Titans to get to the AFC Chap game. But this was all Derrick Henry during the playoffs, when the Titans were behind and were forced to throw they failed. Which brings me to Tannehill can't lead you to wins but he usually won't lose you games. I'll say it again - I'd take Tannehill all day on his rookie deal.

I really feel this should be about the end of the Tannehill discussion. He's an average qb. The pro bowl is awful, half the league makes the pro bowl.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast