Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

2020 Off-season thread

Yes the season is still going on but for us it has ended, while we all knew it would go bad I feel this team has really gone in the right direction and can't wait for next season.

This is the teams we face next season.

Home: Pats, Jets, Bills, Rams, Seahawks, Chiefs, Chargers, Bengals
    Away: Pats, Jets, Bills, 49ers, Cards, Raiders, Broncos, Jags

That is not a great list of teams to be looking at hoping to really break out with. 5 of the games are vs top 3 seeds in this years playoffs. While another 3 are vs playoff teams.

But use this thread to discuss next season and the off season.

Still cant believe how easy of a schedule we got the year we were tanking only to follow it up with this ****.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

way too early to be worrying about next year's schedule. Every year there are teams that take steps back. Jags from a couple years ago. The Rams this year. If Brady leaves then the Pats are not as hard to compete with. Its not all that bad. Besides, I was never sold on becoming a playoff contender starting next year.

I'd be overjoyed with a 9 win season and just seeing a team continue to develop. Considering it's going to be an entirely new roster next year that's all I can hope for. I just want consistency. It was the biggest issue I had with Gase even after the playoff season. You just never felt confident in the team we would see on a week to week basis.

Some quotes from Albert Wilson today. From a guy named Steve Gorten who is helping the Palm Beach Post.

"After his media scrum, I asked WR Albert Wilson whether he'd be willing to take a small pay cut to stay with #Dolphins. He was non-committal on whether he would. "I ain't exactly putting in thought to it. We're going to see what it is. Like I said, I would like to stay" (MORE)"

"More #Dolphins WR Albert Wilson on potential pay cut: "We've got something special here. I just think I can do a lot around here. I can help not just myself, but the younger guys around me to get better, and, um...we're going to see. We're going to see."

He seemed like he became healthy at the end of the year and looked like a good weapon agian. Parker/Williams/Hurns/Wilson would be a solid WR core with Gesicki at TE. Ford even had some good games.

I've been thinking of looking at a WR in the draft for awhile now just because theres so much talent there, but I think we're good. The biggest issue is the slot position but Wilson coming back healthy and Ford coming on late I think we'll be fine.

Another player who was asked about it today was Biegel who is a RFA. He said he hopes to reach a long term agreement with the team. He said "I want to be a part of what they got going on for a while." Should be a no brainers to keep him on the team, although I do think he shouldnt see as much playing time next year.

Grier and Flores had their end of year press conference. Some notes regarding FA, the draft and general team building:

Grier, on if season was success: "Yes, absolutely." Talks about resetting the culture. "We're very excited about the future."

#Dolphins GM Chris Grier: "I talked about laying the groundwork and foundation, and it was very important to build on that."

Grier, on what he has to work with, especially free-agent money: "The big thing for us is we're gong to be smart about it. Yeah, we have cap space, that doesn't mean you have to spend it all."

Grier on QB in 2020? "We'll look at everything."

Grier expects Fitzpatrick and Rosen being on training camp roster next season.

"Finding pieces everywhere, again not trivializing the quarterback position, but we're going to investigate it hard" heading into the draft," Dolphins GM Chris Grier says.

On the two lines: Grier, we want to get better everywhere.

Dolphins GM Chris Grier on Josh Rosen trade: Idk if you can call it a success or failure, but watching him grow has been good for us. "We'll always take chances on players who could give us a chance," Grier says. *(This is just my two cents but I think this is just another sign that the team doesnt like Rosen but I've had enough people argue with me on this forum about it)

Flores on high-priced free agents: "Anyone who can help this team get better and win, we'll take a look at. We're going to be responsible with our salary cap."

#Dolphins GM Chris Grier: "We're very comfortable where we are" at No. 5 in the draft."

Grier on looking at players who have had injuries: "It's always a tricky one because we're so far away (from seeing them at Combine)." Obviously a Tua question.

Flores on coaching staff: "We're evaluating everything. Players, coaches, I'm evaluating myself. I probably should have thrown a couple more red flags during the season."

Flores, on priorities for building team: "I think it starts with culture and bringing the right guys in. Character means a lot."

Flores, on message to team: "I told them I was proud of them. Proud of the way they dealt with the adversity throughout the course of the season. How they worked in practice, walk-throughs, how they trusted the process."
    Flores: "I also mentioned every season's a little bit different. This team will be different than team we'll have next year. But I think we laid the right foundation."

Expectation of a playoff contention in 2020? Grier says they'll bring as many good players in as possible, whatever happens, happens. Flores: One day at a time.

"Brian will be heavily involved," Dolphins GM Chris Grier says of Flo being part of the draft process.

Flores, on turning point of season: When we put Fitz in during the Washington game. Gave us an opportunity to win at the end. We didn't finish that game off, but if there was one moment, probably that one.

"We're still gathering information on that. We take situations like that very, very seriously. It's unfortunate," Dolphins coach Brian Flores on Xavien Howard's arrest.

Flores says it's too early to speculate on whether Howard will be on the team next year. "We have a process. We'll go through that process."

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/sta...978773504?s=20

MikeGarafolo

Veteran OL coach Dave DeGuglielmo and the #Dolphins have agreed to mutually part ways, source says. DeGuglielmo came in as a consultant. Sides discussed a contract but he's moving on. Figure he lands elsewhere soon.

flasportsbuzz
    Per source, Dolphins let go safeties coach Tony Oden. Have also moved on from OL coach Dave Deguglielmo. And more changes brewing
    https://twitter.com/flasportsbuzz/st...035629569?s=20

The hits just keep coming today.

I really liked Oden coming from Detorit, but Josh Boyer seems more than capable of handling the entire secondary. Plus we of course know Flo has a history in that room as well.

I really thought Degug would be the best assistant coach on the team, but the unit never seemed to improve. Jesse James got more comfortable at RT as the season went on which I know Degug pushed for but that's honestly it. He really cant stay with a job at this point in career and honestly the Colts oline in 2018 was the only good oline hes been around in awhile.

Itll be interesting to see who they decide to bring in considering how important it is to fix the oline this year.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 12-30-2019 at 05:44 PM.

flasportsbuzz
    Per source, Chad O Shea fired as Dolphins offensive coordinator

Didn't see that one coming. Thought he had a good season...

ckparrot
    Chad O’Shea is pretty much the reason the Josh Rosen trade happened. Or so I heard, at the time.

Oops.

Oh, and Joe Brady is from Pembroke Pines. So...
    Reportedly Jim Caldwell is healthy as well, maybe he comes back.

Lol and I was just making the argument for him possibly getting a HC job if he does well next year.

No clue why they moved on from Oshea. The cynic in me says it's because Flores wasnt happy with the lack of a run game and decided to blame the coaches. Makes me worry that he thinks the Olineman are better than they actually are.

I could see this move being made to either keep Schuplinski or Caldwell from getting poached by another team. Caldwell was starting to get talked up a bit after he got the clean bill of health and with McDaniels getting interviewed for every HC position youd have to expect he would have called one Schuplinski.

Itll be very interesting to see who he brings in. Flo was hyped up because of the staff he would put together and so far it doesnt seem like he was happy with it. But man I cant describe how unhappy I am about this move. I really thought the offense was on the right track and the perfect fit for Tua.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    flasportsbuzz

Didn't see that one coming. Thought he had a good season...
    Wow, thats the last thing i expected to happen, he and flores must not of got along.

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast