Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

With the 3rd pick the Detroit Lions select...

OKů Any chance that Chase Young falls down to 3rd?

You guys know I do not follow college ball. Who should I be looking for (if not chase young) at the combine/pro day?

What are primary position of need?

Who do you seriously hope we get?
    ^^ ^^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

A lot of this is predicated on free agency. However based on the roster as is I am striving for Chase Young first. Theoretically it is possible he falls to us given that Washing has invested the past 3 years on pass rushers/DL and still have Kerrigan on the books. However if he is gone I would look towards:

-Derrick Brown (DT-Auburn)
    -Isaiah Simmons (S/LB-Clemson)
    -Jeffrey Okudah (CB-Ohio State)

There are other options but based on our needs these are the guys I am looking at in the top 5, assuming Chase Young is not there.

Joey Burrow

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    A lot of this is predicated on free agency. However based on the roster as is I am striving for Chase Young first. Theoretically it is possible he falls to us given that Washing has invested the past 3 years on pass rushers/DL and still have Kerrigan on the books. However if he is gone I would look towards:

There are other options but based on our needs these are the guys I am looking at in the top 5, assuming Chase Young is not there.
    Derrick Brown stands out like crazy, reminds me of when I was smitten with Jonathan Allen, just a monster

We will probably trade the pick to NE for a bum.

Every Mock draft that I've seen had us taking one of those three. As our draft pick kept creeping higher into the top 5 it was either Derrick Brown or Jeff Okudah.

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions
    Detroit Tigers
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

It's so funny how we could've got Ed Oliver instead we choose a TE

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Derrick Brown stands out like crazy, reminds me of when I was smitten with Jonathan Allen, just a monster
    Dare I say he looks a bit like Ndamukong Suh on the field (minus the dumb penalties)? Its not necessarily a big criteria for me, but if you have a DT who can track down a RB on the screen that is a huge bonus. I've seen Brown do that.

Man I forgot about Suh.

Dude was a monster

Quote Originally Posted by vader817 View Post
    Every Mock draft that I've seen had us taking one of those three. As our draft pick kept creeping higher into the top 5 it was either Derrick Brown or Jeff Okudah.
    It makes the most sense based on pressing need. I also really like Jerry Jeudy and CeeDee Lamb but I think the fanbase would collectively explode if they took a WR. Andrew Thomas also fits a position of need but spending a #3 pick on a RT might not be the best use of value, which is why the dip **** in charge will do it.

It makes the most sense based on pressing need. I also really like Jerry Jeudy and CeeDee Lamb but I think the fanbase would collectively explode if they took a WR. Andrew Thomas also fits a position of need but spending a #3 pick on a RT might not be the best use of value, which is why the dip **** in charge will do it.
    We may need to call the riot squad if they went that route but like I both of them. Jeudy is by far the best route runner of this years WR group. Thomas is a good pick too but like you said not at #3.

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions
    Detroit Tigers
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

I don't see Chase Young being there at #3. If that's the case, Derrick Brown is an absolute monster who is not getting enough love because Chase Young is getting all the attention. Brown would be such a monster on our line who can get after the QB.

i rather have Jeffrey Okudah and Isaiah Simmons than Chase Young

Do we think the Lions will take him though? He is 20+ pounds light compared to the rest and the Lions are an organization that has a type (big bulky run stuffers/edge setters).

and too talented for our LB's

Dare I say he looks a bit like Ndamukong Suh on the field (minus the dumb penalties)? Its not necessarily a big criteria for me, but if you have a DT who can track down a RB on the screen that is a huge bonus. I've seen Brown do that.
    was that the same game he had a huge pick or fumble return? Guy is like 1000 pounds and ran like a gazelle

edit: I found the play I was thinking of https://youtu.be/racAIkquHjA

forgot he fell down lol, not as graceful as I remembered
    Last edited by GuySir; 12-31-2019 at 02:45 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast