Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 158 of 185 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 2764
  1. #2356
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sin City Raiders
    Posts
    57,245
    I think people forget Clelin was sick last year and lost a lot of weight, he got stronger and produced more towards the end, I expect a much better year for Clelin in year 2.... Iíll never expect him to be 15+ sack guy but a Leader on the field and consistently 8-12 sack guy.

  2. #2357
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sin City Raiders
    Posts
    57,245
    Weíre so lucky weíre still getting the draft... no sports sucks balls

  3. #2358
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    13,962
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Yep definitely getting paid, and I would trade 19th pick for any All-Pro player under age of 25..
    With or without Minkah our defense would have been **** either way. There is absolutely no reason to trade away a 1st for a player who is about to get paid when you have so many holes. Pittsburg already had a top defense and it made a ton more sense for them

    Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

  4. #2359
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    13,962
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    I think people forget Clelin was sick last year and lost a lot of weight, he got stronger and produced more towards the end, I expect a much better year for Clelin in year 2.... Iíll never expect him to be 15+ sack guy but a Leader on the field and consistently 8-12 sack guy.
    I expect him to get better as well but he will never live up to his draft position. He was a huge reach

    Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

  5. #2360
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    13,962
    Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    If we can take Ferrell where we did... we could take jaylon Johnson at 12. No idea what mayock is thinking... except that he doesnít care about others rankings.
    I would riot if Mayock takes Jaylon at 12. Imagine if he had taken Devin White or Josh Allen instead like many of us wanted. That would have made his draft so much better

    Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

  6. #2361
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    12,662
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Is anyone else concerned that teams being unable to meet with and assess players in person will increase misevaluations, or cause them to over-project how a player fits within their system and what their ceiling is?
    Good organisations that did their homework throughout the year should be more than ready to draft.

  7. #2362
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    16,993
    Quote Originally Posted by krsonekth View Post
    Good organisations that did their homework throughout the year should be more than ready to draft.
    That is true but there will still be some information they just wont be able to get. For example Raiders drafted Quinten Bell last year based on his pro day. Now he didnt make the roster anyway but no way he gets drafted without it. Plus players with question marks health wise will likely fall further. Raiders tend to be very cautious when it comes to injury history(Eli Apple and Roger Saffold deals falling through). They may avoid good players with questionable health as they cant bring them in.

    Overall the Raiders should be ready but every team will be missing some small bits of information which will make some players drop.

  8. #2363
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sin City Raiders
    Posts
    57,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    With or without Minkah our defense would have been **** either way. There is absolutely no reason to trade away a 1st for a player who is about to get paid when you have so many holes. Pittsburg already had a top defense and it made a ton more sense for them

    Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

    Eh idk man, Pittsburgh was 1-4 and was on pace for a top 10 pick... I argued they wouldnít land in the top 10 after that trade... Minkah almost single handily was responsible for the turnaround, making huge play after huge play 4 games in a row to help the Steelers win. You have your opinion, Iíll have mine but Iíll give a mid round pick chance everyday of the week for a All Pro proven player one of the absolute best in the NFL thatís super young and only get better... thatís really all I have to say about the matter since itís in the past and itís time to move on.

  9. #2364
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    7,031
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Weíre so lucky weíre still getting the draft... no sports sucks balls
    100%. Someone mentioned that they should do one round per day. That would have been great. Would give us something to look forward too. Canít wait!

  10. #2365
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    7,031
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    I would riot if Mayock takes Jaylon at 12. Imagine if he had taken Devin White or Josh Allen instead like many of us wanted. That would have made his draft so much better

    Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    Haha. Iím ready to be upset. Last draft has given mike a little more trust, so Iím gonna let it play out either way.

  11. #2366
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    7,031
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector View Post
    So at the moment thatís a questionable selection at 4, may turn out great but right now there are questions. Ideally you trade back if possible. Winning the draft is about maximising draft capital value index. Itís knowing your board and also the likely value on others boards. Itís a key component of the job and one reason Mayocks hire was so valuable. Heís been building boards for 32 teams for years. If other teams have Ferrell in 20ís that knowledge is money in the bank. Mayock did make some nice moves
    I agree that trading down would be nice. Iím just saying that last year taught us that if they really want a player, and they canít trade down. Theyíll draft him even with higher ranked players at other positions sitting there. They stick to their plan.

  12. #2367
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,708
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    That is true but there will still be some information they just wont be able to get. For example Raiders drafted Quinten Bell last year based on his pro day. Now he didnt make the roster anyway but no way he gets drafted without it. Plus players with question marks health wise will likely fall further. Raiders tend to be very cautious when it comes to injury history(Eli Apple and Roger Saffold deals falling through). They may avoid good players with questionable health as they cant bring them in.

    Overall the Raiders should be ready but every team will be missing some small bits of information which will make some players drop.
    One thing the Raiders did was to find out about a players love for the game and vet players with security personnel (as most teams do). That means going to colleges and the establishments in college towns and interviewing people about prospective picks. I wonder how much of that stuff was canceled.
    We chose Clelin at 4 because we wanted his leadership and character to help mold a new culture. Lots of questions about vetting players this year.

  13. #2368
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,774
    Quote Originally Posted by RC RAIDER View Post
    One thing the Raiders did was to find out about a players love for the game and vet players with security personnel (as most teams do). That means going to colleges and the establishments in college towns and interviewing people about prospective picks. I wonder how much of that stuff was canceled.
    We chose Clelin at 4 because we wanted his leadership and character to help mold a new culture. Lots of questions about vetting players this year.
    A lot of that process takes place during the year.

    The high character players the Raiders are looking for are known.

    Character risks would require more investigating but it doesn't appear those are the type they are going after anyway.

  14. #2369
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Top of the world
    Posts
    7,618
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    I think people forget Clelin was sick last year and lost a lot of weight, he got stronger and produced more towards the end, I expect a much better year for Clelin in year 2.... Iíll never expect him to be 15+ sack guy but a Leader on the field and consistently 8-12 sack guy.
    I really like Ferrell. Heís a great fit for Guenthers D. Sets edge superbly, rushers in ways that get team sacks and donít let QBs escape. However players like that donít normally go 4th overall. Itís that simple. Heís not twitchy enough to be valued that high. We just couldnít find a dance partner to trade back with Iím certain.

  15. #2370
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Top of the world
    Posts
    7,618
    Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    100%. Someone mentioned that they should do one round per day. That would have been great. Would give us something to look forward too. Canít wait!
    I posted it but I stole the idea off someone on Twitter. I think it makes so much sense just imagine if they did it over a longer time each day as well so more trades could be attempted in between picks.

    Itís just too good an opportunity for the nfl to dominate the news worldwide they really should look at it. It would make my lockdown much more bearable personally.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •