Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 157 of 185 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 2764
    Iím trading back and adding picks. 19-80 is a long space in between picks and donít think Mayock will sit on his hands..

Quote Originally Posted by alawsz_911 View Post
    1,000% agree with taking Henderson in the first round. Wouldn't be mad if we took him at 12 either... cornerback is a glaring need if we don't bring Worley back...

My question is... If we don't draft either Lamb, Juedy, or Ruggs at 12, and we draft defense with both first round picks.... Would you be happy or frustrated?
    Honestly, I donít think the odds are that weíll draft a WR at 12. I think itís more likely we reach for a CB at 12, then we trade down from 19 and get a WR late in the first. And I prefer not taking a WR at 12. That high, Iíd like a Julio Jones type WR. A sure thing dominant WR. Otherwise, might as well go WR later and maybe double down in the third.

Only way I see us going defense with both firsts is if we trade down and get another second round pick, and that player is our WR.

Iíd be happy if we took kinlaw at 12, trade down and got a CB late in the first, and took a WR in the second.

I want only defensive players in the first round this year. Too risky to go WR... when we are not a WR away. Defensively we do not have enough talent to dethrone the Chiefs. It would be wise to take advantage of how deep this draft is at WR and start investing in our D. Drafting Henderson at 12 and Murray at 19 would be ideal. I also like the idea of drafting an edge rusher at 19, Gross Matos, Chaisson, or Espenasa.

Give me Henderson with either one of them I'm happy. Because Mayock can find a WR in the 3rd round. Total faith in that. I like Peoples Jones WR from Michigan if I had to target one with the 80th pick or 81st.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    Only way I see us going defense with both firsts is if we trade down and get another second round pick, and that player is our WR.

Iíd be happy if we took kinlaw at 12, trade down and got a CB late in the first, and took a WR in the second.
    The only thing is... It takes two to tango

So when we are on the clock and we have to pick... No guarantee we can trade it... But I did see we made it available for trade

Wouldnt it be wonderful if the Hopkins deal falls thru. We sweep in and scoop him up!!! I know im dreaming. Stranger things happen.

Vic Tafur has pointed out multiple times that his sources with the Raiders say they dont like Kinlaw. That he is too raw and supposedly didnt interview well. I doubt they draft Kinlaw at all.

Quote Originally Posted by pablo2523 View Post
    Not really sure these players are reaches. There are multiple year 1 starting corners with high level athletic traits and college production in this draft.

To me people are sleeping on the corners in this draft. The NFL historically does not.
    Reaching at 19 could be for a CB thatís rated lower DJs got Henderson at 21 and Johnson and Terrell 29 and 31. Obviously I donít know our board but if itís similar youíd rather trade back and take Johnson or Terrell if Henderson gone. Just using DJs as a guide example.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Vic Tafur has pointed out multiple times that his sources with the Raiders say they dont like Kinlaw. That he is too raw and supposedly didnt interview well. I doubt they draft Kinlaw at all.
    Ah. Thatís too bad.

Funny thing is I was mentioning earlier that we might end up reaching on a CB... and I almost mentioned jaylon Johnson. Now thereís a report that we might take him at 19. I could see him at 19 easily. Gotta be ready for some surprise picks this year.

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Yea I wouldnít want an All-Pro,Ďwith a rookie contract whoís going to be dominant for the next decade
    We didn't have the luxury to give up a 1st for a fancy army swiss knife like Minkah. He will get paid next year

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Ah. Thatís too bad.

Funny thing is I was mentioning earlier that we might end up reaching on a CB... and I almost mentioned jaylon Johnson. Now thereís a report that we might take him at 19. I could see him at 19 easily. Gotta be ready for some surprise picks this year.
    Yes, if everyone thinks Mayock is ahead of the other talking heads then you canít be surprised when he ďreachesĒ for a player, as obviously it may not have been a reach on his board.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector View Post
    Reaching at 19 could be for a CB thatís rated lower DJs got Henderson at 21 and Johnson and Terrell 29 and 31. Obviously I donít know our board but if itís similar youíd rather trade back and take Johnson or Terrell if Henderson gone. Just using DJs as a guide example.
    If we can take Ferrell where we did... we could take jaylon Johnson at 12. No idea what mayock is thinking... except that he doesnít care about others rankings.

Mock draft from NFL Radio - Jim Miller and Pat Kirwan...

We trade the 12th pick to Tampa for #14 and #117 (mid-4th rd.)
    We pick Jerry Jeudy with the #14 pick (first WR off the board)

We trade the 19th pick to NE for #23, #100 (end-3rd rd.) and a 2021 4th rd. pick.
    We then trade the #23 to Detroit for #35 and #39 (both early in the 2nd.)

With #35 we pick Trevon Diggs (CB-Alabama)
    With #39 we pick Shane Lemieux (G-Oregon)

If we can take Ferrell where we did... we could take jaylon Johnson at 12. No idea what mayock is thinking... except that he doesnít care about others rankings.
    So at the moment thatís a questionable selection at 4, may turn out great but right now there are questions. Ideally you trade back if possible. Winning the draft is about maximising draft capital value index. Itís knowing your board and also the likely value on others boards. Itís a key component of the job and one reason Mayocks hire was so valuable. Heís been building boards for 32 teams for years. If other teams have Ferrell in 20ís that knowledge is money in the bank. Mayock did make some nice moves

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    We didn't have the luxury to give up a 1st for a fancy army swiss knife like Minkah. He will get paid next year

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    Yep definitely getting paid, and I would trade 19th pick for any All-Pro player under age of 25..